Best spot to farm T6 materials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scottd.5764

Scottd.5764

I am pretty new and just leveled to 80 I want to start farming for the mats for a legendary. Thanks and any other tips would be appreciated.

Posted by: Hevy.5074

Hevy.5074

The trading post, in all honesty.

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Nice try, guy with thousands up mats up for sale!

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I am pretty new and just leveled to 80 I want to start farming for the mats for a legendary. Thanks and any other tips would be appreciated.

I’m not a farmer by any means. But I did notice a good drop rate of t6 mats from casual WvW. The champ bags have a chance to drop all the T6 mats. I’ve also noticed some from running fractals, but the return there is pretty slow.

Also, promoting was how I made a lot of the T6 mats I needed for my own leg. T5 mats drop a plenty, but it does take a long time.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Promoting and failures from making Mystic Clovers were my best ways aside from just buying them outright.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

He’s right. Drop rates are really bad in this game so if you go out farming for a particular mat or tier of mats, you’ll be really disappointed and frustrated. The game is designed so that the least frustrating way to get most items is to farm gold and to use that gold to buy whatever you want off the TP.

How to farm gold? Dungeon running is very profitable. The Frostgorge champ train is as well.

Full disclosure: I currently have around 40 scraps of silk for sale on the TP along with perhaps 50 pieces of various gear.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Okay, to answer the question for the OP. First, use magic boosters if you have them, they work. Second, for profitability of the mats, Orr. Is your toon leveled? If so, and you have map completion that allows it, farm Orr but not just resource nodes, fight everything. I’ve found Orr and the events in Orr to provide some of the best gear drops of any zone. Frostgorge is decent and don’t forget Southsun. If you have any question of that, check the price history of karka shells….

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

If you actually want to farm them and not buy a single one:

Farm monsters in WvW, and trade laurels in for T6 mats.

WvW doesn’t suffer from diminishing returns in drop rates, and everything is level 80.

Of course the TP is much faster.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You farm everything in Trading Post.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

http://www.orrmaps.com

Pick your server.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I see they haven’t changed one of the biggest problems with the game yet. One of the reasons I left was due to this and the whole idea of buying crafting bags with laurels didn’t help much either. Still waiting on these materials to be put into nodes so it’s no longer an issue. (sits back and waits for them to get on it.)

He’s right. Drop rates are really bad in this game so if you go out farming for a particular mat or tier of mats, you’ll be really disappointed and frustrated. The game is designed so that the least frustrating way to get most items is to farm gold and to use that gold to buy whatever you want off the TP.

How to farm gold? Dungeon running is very profitable. The Frostgorge champ train is as well.

Full disclosure: I currently have around 40 scraps of silk for sale on the TP along with perhaps 50 pieces of various gear.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!