Best supporter/protector

Best supporter/protector

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I have cleric guardian with boons build , 90% of parties I play with never die.
I think that guaridan is the best supporter in the game and it’s an equal to priest.

My build > http://tinyurl.com/osugavl
As for AH , it helps my party too > I’m alive = more support.

What do you think ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

Change 2 major runes of the water with 2 superior runes of the traveler!
I also think that some sentinel items would be helpful, a little less healing and a bigger health pool should help you to tank
And what do you think about superior sigil of renewal?

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Staff ele are the best healers unforunatly, geyseer + healinrain + AA + soothing mist + most healin skills are water fields. in additon you get line of warding thing just like guardians + stuncircle + aoe swiftness as guardian too EVEN a lot of AOE.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Basicly guardian with spiece without might basicly but if you got a thief in your party everything is solved by cluster + staff fire 2.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Best supporter/protector

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I also think that some sentinel items would be helpful, a little less healing and a bigger health pool should help you to tank

I think that more healing power is better than 10 to stats , AH makes sure that my hp never drop below 50% ( with party ).

Sigil or renewal heals us for 530 ( every 10 sec , 300 radius ) , I’m confused if it worth more than might ( I may change it ).

Staff ele are the best healers unforunatly, geyseer + healinrain + AA + soothing mist + most healin skills are water fields. in additon you get line of warding thing just like guardians + stuncircle + aoe swiftness as guardian too EVEN a lot of AOE.

I’m not just talking about healing , I said support which includes all boons > protection is better than healing.

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

I think that more healing power is better than 10 to stats , AH makes sure that my hp never drop below 50% ( with party ).

Sigil or renewal heals us for 530 ( every 10 sec , 300 radius ) , I’m confused if it worth more than might ( I may change it ).

I don’t know how “15 healing +10 boon duration” could be better than “10 all stats + 15 boon duration”

Well, you wanna use your high healing the more you can, and sigil of renewal is another way to direct heal.

Best supporter/protector

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I don’t know how “15 healing +10 boon duration” could be better than “10 all stats + 15 boon duration”

Well, you wanna use your high healing the more you can, and sigil of renewal is another way to direct heal.

Oh , I’m sorry I didn’t compare the stats well

I will take both your advices.
Runes of the travelers are too expensive , but I think I can get them after some work.

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Strenght in Numbers (Valor IV) is much better than Purity. 150 Toughnes for everyone AND protection is not bad.

Signet Mastery (Radiance II) isn’t worth it, you have so much healing and defense, those 5 points are better in Virtues. More protection and Regenration is always good.

I am not sure why you use a Superior Sigill of Battle, you don’t do any damage. Better swap them for a Superior Sigil of Renewal.

Just my 2 cent. But why don’t you post this build in the Guardian subforum?

Best supporter/protector

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Strenght in Numbers (Valor IV) is much better than Purity. 150 Toughnes for everyone AND protection is not bad.

Signet Mastery (Radiance II) isn’t worth it, you have so much healing and defense, those 5 points are better in Virtues. More protection and Regenration is always good.

I am not sure why you use a Superior Sigill of Battle, you don’t do any damage. Better swap them for a Superior Sigil of Renewal.

Strength in numbers says > Nearby allies gain toughness based on your effective level . What does it mean by effective level ?

I put it in this subforum as I didn’t intend to just talk about guardian , I was talking about the best supporter/protector in the entire game.
As for the Signet , there isn’t any better trait to get.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Strength in numbers says > Nearby allies gain toughness based on your effective level . What does it mean by effective level ?

I put it in this subforum as I didn’t intend to just talk about guardian , I was talking about the best supporter/protector in the entire game.

It means that considers the level you’re scaled to when you are in lower level zones. Prevents you to get toughness as a lv80 if you’re in a level 50 area and you’re scaled down to lv50.

Anyway, my main is a Guardian and I think that as a supporter, he is probably the best.
Your build is well thought at the begin, but there are things that can be adjusted.
Your call if you want suggestions or want to figure it out yourself.

Best supporter/protector

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Suggestions are always welcome , be kind and support you suggestions with reasons

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I wasted a lot of time and money on healing Guardian and the best way to go is 0/0/30/30/10(more selfish and tanky) or 0/0/20/30/20(more party oriented) for more condition removal.

Traits to consider

Valor
Strength in Numbers
Purity
Mace of Justice(+250 healing with a mace)
Altruistic Healing(if you go 30 into Valor)

Honor
Superior Aria
Pure of Heart
Writ of Persistence
Writ of the Merciful
Pure of Voice
Battle Presence

Virtues
Master of Conscecrations
Absolute Resolution(if you go 20 into Virtues)

Weapons

Staff with Sigil of Renewal

Mace with Focus(Blind/Regen with 3 Blocks/Blast finisher) With Sigil of Life and Renewal

or

Mace with Shield(Protection with Dome that can be used for 1k+ healing) with same Sigils

Runes
2 Water
2 Monk
2 Traveler

Food

Omnomberry Cream(20% boon duration)

In the end though I scrapped healing and went with a knights and Berserkers set. Healing in GW2 needs a lot of work to be competitive with DPS builds.

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I played around with your build a bit, got rid a bit of your Power and Toughness, but also added in more health and Boon Duration. To help get you a bit more beefy in terms of countering degen, and to help boost some of your boons.
I also raised your Crit Chance to 25% to help synergize with Vigorous Precision and Selfless Daring, along with giving your mace a Sigil of Energy to help with dodge spamming. I gave your staff a Sigil or Renewal to help with ally healing, though you can switch that out with something else.

I used Ascended Gear, but you can use Exotics without causing that big of a change.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNApeWlYgqCnFyMEm4ERWBRi9AjZ8jXPSIFZIA-jwDBIiCioNJjaAkoGi+AgEJZJQRMLCJNSYtMMsVXRr8KIqZCyKbYqXJVEAzYA-e

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Don’t go above about 1k of healing power, otherwise it starts to eat into other more useful stats too much. You still want alot of healing power otherwise you will find that your self-regeneration (VIrtue of Resolve) and other “low” heals are pathetic. However, healing power doesn’t help big heals like your Slot #6 much.

The signet with the signet cooldown reduction trait is the best Guardian #6 skill. Although Shelter can be used for emergency blocks instead.

Note that Runes of the Monk require you to run AC. If you don’t want to do that, you can still get 70% boon duration by using a Major Rune of Water/Traveler. If any warrior has a Banner of Tactics up you reach 100% boon duration with food.

You will need a critical chance of at least 25% to keep vigor up (30-33% prefered, but 25% is what Celestial and most gear combinations offer without Prec tree). This allows you to dodge alot to heal yourself, but any more isn’t needed for support.

Consider Sigil of Stamina. With Guardian’s dodge-healing, it is OP in trash/add fights.

If your Toughness is low, and you don’t want to go for boon duration runes, don’t use healing runes, use Melandru (-25% condition/stun duration) instead.

Try running Staff with 0/10/10/20/30 and you can use activated Virtues + Shouts to just dump boons on people. Activated Virtues are way better than their sorry passives. With this build you also get 2H staff skill CD reduction, signet CD reduction, shout CD reduction and you can cast everything very frequently.

I don’t think Altruistic Healing is worth it, even in boon builds. The healing amount is extremely small (69 HP base per boon). It can make a huge difference if you have a full party and are using alot of boons, but the truth is every other heal that you have will be more effective and you’re better off focusing on them.

If you run hammer, use symbol duration for Protection uptime.

Regarding the thread topic, I don’t think the Guardian is the best support in the game. I think this falls to Warrior. Sounds crazy right? But a Warrior with shouts, warhorn (constant swift+vigor), banners and all of that, will support a party better overall, as most of their boosts are damage- and dodge-focused and this is a DPS game. Plus, each banner can provide 24/7 Regeneration uptime to 5 ppl, up to 15 ppl max with three banners if you spread them apart properly – so Warrior can heal a small zerg. And on top of this the Warrior has the best resurrection skill in the game – Warbanner.

Guardian is pretty good at protecting allies but they’re mostly about self-survival.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Best supporter/protector

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Strengh in Numbers grants every ally in range 150 Toughness in a LvL 80 environment. And I think Boons on Virtue activation is better than -20% signetrecharge. You dont need to put 10 points in radiance.