Best thing about GW2

Best thing about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

No gear treadmill. I can take a break from the game with my exotic/ascended gear for a month or two and come back and still be competent in any mode with that gear.

If you want an MMO to die out and leave players stranded put in a gear treadmill. One might argue about game loyalty but that is a load of crap. Sometimes people need breaks and want to play other games. Ever since GW1 I would take long breaks and come back being able to do whatever content I want. This is one thing I love about guild wars.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Have to agree, i love that i can return to Guild wars 2 after an incredibly long break and be not as far behind as i would be in any other MMO, all there is to catch up on is new content, builds & strategies in any new content/dungeons.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

Honestly, I appreciate the ‘no gear treadmill’ aspect of the game but more than that, the heavy emphasis on exploration and the ability to freely discover vistas, points of interest, etc. is what makes this game attractive to me.

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have had quite a few people come back to the guild lately and they’ve all been happy they can jump right in and start playing.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

the lack of gear treadmill is DEFINITELY a thing I love about this game. Probably in my top 3 most liked changes from this game compared to a traditional mmo

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

1. The Norn female muscle body model, and Charr character models.
  2. Action combat system.
  3. Graphics, world exploration.

Gotta say though, not all, but a lot of the armour and weapon designs are mediocre, repetitive. Serious bummer for me here.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

The fights are a little faster paced in some instances, but I wouldn’t call it action combat.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

The fights are a little faster paced in some instances, but I wouldn’t call it action combat.

It is in PvP and WvW, at least. In PvE it’s better than any other MMO I’ve tried but still pretty sad.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree. Even if you’re not taking long breaks it’s really nice to be able to focus on what you want to do, not what you have to do before the game will let you in to the stuff you want to do.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The only thing that attract me to this game is…..buy to play.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No gear treadmill is most important. I wouldn’t be playing if it existed.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m glad there is no gear treadmill and it’s possible without spending huge amounts of gold to make ascended armor for all my 20 characters…..oh wait, it’s time gated.

Never mind, as the game is designed for casual single toon players, there’s no grind involved!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

It is in PvP and WvW, at least. In PvE it’s better than any other MMO I’ve tried but still pretty sad.

As long as you can literally be facing any way you like and hit your target with most attacks it isn’t an action title. Tab targeting, hitting while facing the opposite direction, possibly with your target off screen, and being able to move through enemies without issue will always make this game that much easier. Anyway, we’re off topic.

I guess it is nice that your gear will likely never be irrelevant, not something you get from most games.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Vax Tezhme.7128

Vax Tezhme.7128

Best thing about GW2?
I spent $10+ to watch Avengers 2 last month and enjoyed myself for 2 or 2.5 hours.

I bought GW2 1,010 days ago for $60. I’ve enjoyed myself for 2,278 hours. For the 6 times the cost of a movie, I’ve enjoyed myself for over 189 times the amount of time.

I call that a good deal.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

Best thing about GW2?
I spent $10+ to watch Avengers 2 last month and enjoyed myself for 2 or 2.5 hours.

I bought GW2 1,010 days ago for $60. I’ve enjoyed myself for 2,278 hours. For the 6 times the cost of a movie, I’ve enjoyed myself for over 189 times the amount of time.

I call that a good deal.

Agreed. The value is real.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Best thing about GW2 for me is the music and pve stuff and some of the champ boss fights . and finding a new spot to check out i have not been to yet or a rare item dropping . but mostly its the music for me

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Music.

For me the music and the people behind it are awesome. Its one of those things that is rarely appreciated in games, but they are definitely keeping the bar high in GW2 on that front.

Always loved the art from them as well. Especially all the places they’ve snuck in new splash screen art at the start of the different PS instances.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I agree with the gear treadmill. I was getting back into Tera until one day a wild update appeared. Guess what? Your gear is outdated and useless, and your max level toons still have 5 levels to go! I haven’t played since.

My favourite part about gw2 is the wardrobe system and appearance customisation. I guess that’s handy as the endgame is Fashion Wars 2.

The other things that I really like are jumping puzzles, gathering and world completion. I have always had a tendency in any game to hoard crafting materials, and it’s nice to have ascended to work towards. It gives me a reason to gather everything I see, and not just gather them because “I might need them later on”, which was the previous mindset.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

1. No gear treadmill is a big deal/ Silverwastes
2. Combat IMO.
3. PVP
4. WvW
5. Dynamic events
6. non-traditional quests
7. PVP reward tracks

Just to mix it up a bit, things I don’t like
1. Dull story
2. Dull races
3. Dull personal story choices(Regretting not joining the circus? Are you kidding me?)
4. No new Spvp maps
5. No raids (currently)
6. No 1v1, 2v2, 3,v3, 4v4
7. useless pvp ranks

(edited by TGI FRIDAY.6275)

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I agree with the gear treadmill. I was getting back into Tera until one day a wild update appeared. Guess what? Your gear is outdated and useless, and your max level toons still have 5 levels to go! I haven’t played since.

My favourite part about gw2 is the wardrobe system and appearance customisation. I guess that’s handy as the endgame is Fashion Wars 2.

The other things that I really like are jumping puzzles, gathering and world completion. I have always had a tendency in any game to hoard crafting materials, and it’s nice to have ascended to work towards. It gives me a reason to gather everything I see, and not just gather them because “I might need them later on”, which was the previous mindset.

At least there’s content to progress with in Tera. New stories and new zones, etc. Incentive for new gear isn’t always bad. It gives players something to strive for.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

5. No raids (currently)

I gotta say this is one of my favourite features of guild wars 2. Unlike world of warcraft (this is off the top of my head, i’m sure most mmos do this), raids usually have key story elements while dungeons lack those key story elements and in some cases can be skipped without missing important stuff. If large scale only raids were implemented, we would be missing a lot of story in the game and i’m glad that doesn’t exist in guild wars 2.

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

GW2 – the game where you can leave for X months and come back happy. Never mind the loyal players who have to sit through all the downtimes…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I like the skill over farm attitude.
I like to be good because im good, not because i dont have life

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Best thing about GW2

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I like the skill over farm attitude.
I like to be good because im good, not because i dont have life

No MMO with classes has that, cause there are always classes that are better against other classes and in such a situation the good played class can lose against a medicore played class.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]