Best use of worthless Ascended armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Q:

I have two pieces of Magi Ascended armor. What’s the best use for them, salvage?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

A:

You can’t salvage Ascended armor. You could use it to progress your Ascended Accoutrement (Rare Collection) if you haven’t completed that yet.

Just unlock some of the skins you are missing. I did that with 1 useless armor chest I got..

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

If only you could salvage ascended gear… those useless rings you get in FotM would be super cool

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You just after stare at it collecting dust in your stash…or right click destroy it…shame really cause I would love it, heck I would even buy it off you via the TP if we were allowed but sadly its worthless, even if it is the top tier equipment.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

About all you can do is unlock the skins, if you don’t have them, then vendor the items.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well… if you like the skins just pick the one you like and unlock. After that you can sell the thing for 1 gold to a vendor

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

well… if you like the skins just pick the one you like and unlock. After that you can sell the thing for 1 gold to a vendor

You can only sell weapons for 1 gold. Armors are worth 2 silver and 40 copper xD

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Basaltface.2786

You can only sell weapons for 1 gold. Armors are worth 2 silver and 40 copper xD

ah yea riiiiight… forgot about that. Well still.. unlock em for the skin and then sell em off XD

lujate.5432

Bummer, so I guess MF is out too?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

It’d be nice if there was an option to exchange (any) ascended dropped from fractals or where ever for relics/tokens. Being able to sell it and reclaim inventory/bank space is a start, but there needs to be another way rather than simply deleting it.

I’d be cool with being able to exchange it in for relics or tokens if there’s no plans to let anyone salvage.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Basaltface.2786

well if i had anything to say about it… then ascended would be salvageable like exotics…ya know.. ectos, some mats and dark matter and done. As it stands however…unlocking the skin and selling is the way to go. Lets hope HoT changes up stuff with ascended

lujate.5432

No-go on the MF too.

Thanks

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wish I had useless ascended armor but I never get armor box drops. If you used them to finish the collection you get a free insanely priced exotic to finish that collection, which gets u a karma converter that my 4.5mill karma would enjoy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

lujate.5432

Wish I had useless ascended armor but I never get armor box drops. If you used them to finish the collection you get a free insanely priced exotic to finish that collection, which gets u a karma converter that my 4.5mill karma would enjoy.

Do you WvW? I got both of the Magi pieces this weekend in WvW level up chests. I also have a Rampager piece in my bank that I got in a WvW level up chest a couple weeks ago.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”