Best way to farm Crystalline Ore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aizen Yasha.7508

Aizen Yasha.7508

Hi

I want to farm this material but i found DS desert where can i found it?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s best to hop onto the map a few minutes before reset. This ensures that you join a map that is populated. Otherwise, quickly use the LFG to join one before the map fills.

Doing the DS meta, and then opening all of the pods on the map, is the best way to farm the ore.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ore

My guess is you wanted to say you found DS deserted. There is 2 things you can do:

- look for some stray noxious pods in an empty map (there often are 3-6)

- wait until the DS meta resets and join an active DS map and join which nets about 50-55 pods if you go for all of them. Use GW2 event timers or some similar timer to know when to join via lfg https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As other people have said the best way to do it is to enter Dragon’s Stand a few minutes before the meta-event resets, and then use LFG to find a group for a new, organised map.

It does also depend on the time of day, you’re much more likely to find active maps during periods when the game generally is busy.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Isn’t there also a reward track for Crystalline Ore in wvw? Could always try that as an alternative if you keep getting in deserted maps.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Use lfg and look under the dragon’s stand tab to see if there are any squads advertising. If the meta is being done, groups will usually advertise it in lfg, and then you can join them from there. Good luck!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

In case you didn’t realize it, the map is on a timer. You can find when it’s up by using a site like gw2timer.com .

Then as everyone else said, get to the map early and join a squad. It’s never deserted when the event is going on. Just get there early.

You will be killed and have to waypoint and join on a new map, so be aware of that.