Best way to make gold during halloween?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Shadow.1764

The Shadow.1764

I heard people make a ton of gold farming during halloween. I was wondering what the best way was? im assuming they’re farming and selling ToT bags.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Buy low, sell high!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can earn over 30G/hr in the Lab although that’s dropping as more people do it. You can also earn at least 30 spirit shards an hour upwards to a theoretical max of 60 if you’re in need of those. This is with the use of boosters.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Farm the labyrinth for trick or treat bags. I got about 150 in 20 minutes, call it about 400 in one hour. Current sell price is about 7.5 silver, times 400 is 30 gold per hour.

I used ranger axe but you can use other multi-target attacks such as thief shortbow and guardian lootstick.

I only intend to play the labyrinth until the cheevos are done.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

If you are patient, farm Labyrinth all day long on different characters to avoid DR. Hoard them in your bank/alt inventories or somewhere that you can keep them for a long period of time. In about 3-4 months or more they will start rising in value and you can make a ton of gold. You can also make an investment when it drops to its lowest price if you are very patient. Short term, farm → sell right away but you will earn far far less gold (30-50% of what you can earn if you are patient).

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Dont forget that you can get some pretty valuable stuff from the ToT bags. After opening about 600 i got a teal gemstone, which people tell me was worth 1k in gold before halloween im not a patient guy but if i hold on to it the price should rise after halloween.

Also if mystic forging is your thing, there are many exotics to be found inside the bags, especially in the personal ones. If you get unlucky, at the very least you can sell the corn you get on TP, it is a loss at the end of the day but i cant personally resist the chance of rare shinies

Only downside really is clicking one bag and it filling your entire inventory -.-

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Seems to me it is a lot more efficient to sell the bags and buy the cobs if you want the minis

Posted by: The Shadow.1764

The Shadow.1764

Farm the labyrinth for trick or treat bags. I got about 150 in 20 minutes, call it about 400 in one hour. Current sell price is about 7.5 silver, times 400 is 30 gold per hour.

I used ranger axe but you can use other multi-target attacks such as thief shortbow and guardian lootstick.

I only intend to play the labyrinth until the cheevos are done.

What boosts do you bring if any?

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Nothing but MF enrichment and peach tart.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This do assume that your brain doesnt melt out of your ears due to the sheer boredom of farming for over 10 minutes.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nothing but MF enrichment and peach tart.

Is magic find worth it? I’m getting masterwork drops, which I’m assuming I’ll still get even without extra magic find. The rest of the drops are the ToT bags which magic find doesn’t effect. I’m going with cheap buffs to strength to easily tag and kill more mobs myself instead of magic find.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: CrusaderMichael.9245

CrusaderMichael.9245

The best way to make gold during Halloween event… is to play Auric Basin instead.

All this 400 bags an hour stuff, is false.

People need to check their watches better.

Even if you made 400 bags an hour… Auric.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

This is probably the first time I’ve ever said this, but I would say stay away from Halloween events and continue to do what you do. So many things wrong with this years incarnation.

It’s sad, because I have always looked forward to Halloween events, ever since GW.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The best way to make gold during Halloween event… is to play Auric Basin instead.

Auric is comparable to the Lab farm now that ecto prices have essentially halved.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Sounds like someone wants less people to farm the Lab so he can make more gold from it himself, lol nice try Mr! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

This is probably the first time I’ve ever said this, but I would say stay away from Halloween events and continue to do what you do. So many things wrong with this years incarnation.

It’s sad, because I have always looked forward to Halloween events, ever since GW.

id love to. but im pretty sure sw and ab will be mostly empty until halloween nears a end.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Cut someone’s grass. Gem-to-Gold.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Cut someone’s grass. Gem-to-Gold.

hah! truth brother…mow a yard for an hour, get 20-30 bucks…300g. best gph ever!