Best why to ones hand on Dusk

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vigil.8205

Vigil.8205

Since GW2 showed news of the nerco two handed blade class. I would love to get my hands on the weapon Twilight but to do that I need the sword dusk. I look up where I can find it and found no useful information on it. Anyone know of a way to get it that does not use the trading post to buy it. I want to earn no buy.
“the greatest things in life are earned not bought”

Timekeeper’s Condi Reaper
David Mortem
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Good luck buddy. It’s in the hands of the RNG gods. There is no place where it will specifically drop; it has a chance to drop anywhere (particularly the Forge). World boss chests and the daily exotic chest may be your best bet.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah. Loot tables are not really a thing (except for a few specific named weapons that come from champ bags, I think) which means that everything can drop from anywhere. Using the mystic forge by forging 4 rare or exotic greatswords into a new one tends to be the best option. Best of luck!

(Heart of Thorns will have a way to craft Dusk, but there’s no eta on when HoT will launch.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: bubba.2381

bubba.2381

Once HoT launches you will be able to earn it through a collection type system

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The chance of getting Dawn as a drop is probably only slightly less than getting hit by lightning. Most people either buy directly or gamble with the Mystic Forge by throwing 4 rare or exotic greatswords in at a time until they are penniless, or they get it.

You can try either of those ways or you can collect the other stuff you need while waiting for the expansion and the ability to craft it or get it through a collection, however they set it up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Wait til HoT and earn it. Don’t waste your gold on the TP.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Currently there is no way to “earn” a precursor. However, when HoT ships there will be a way.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

You CAN however, start saving up the other materials you’ll need. Clovers, Obsidian shards, etc.

By the time HoT launches, you’ll be have what you need so as soon as you get your shiny new elite spec and do the new precursor quest, you can get right to making the legendary.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Since GW2 showed news of the nerco two handed blade class. I would love to get my hands on the weapon Twilight but to do that I need the sword dusk. I look up where I can find it and found no useful information on it. Anyone know of a way to get it that does not use the trading post to buy it. I want to earn no buy.
“the greatest things in life are earned not bought”

I used to think like that too. I wanted to earn Dusk, not just buy it from the trading post.

Let me tell you. After you throw more money in the forge over the course of a year than what Dusk is worth, you will begin to realize that earning the money and then using that money to purchase Dusk is just as satisfying and really the cheapest guaranteed way to get Dusk.

Sure you could get it cheaper from the MF if you happen to get lucky, but the vast majority of players are not in the favor of the RNG gods.

I’m not suggesting buying gems and converting, I’m suggesting earning the gold through dungeons, SW, world bosses, ascended crafts, anything you need to do.

Best of luck to you! I love my Twilight!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: KerryTT.4792

KerryTT.4792

… I got a Dawn last night opening a gift I got from using the Star of Gratitude…. I was shocked. (Needless to say, I did “looky what I got here” in Divinities Reach and at Teq for a bit )Only other precursor I ever got was from a champion bag from the Toxic chest in Kessix Hills. It was a shield and I sold it fast.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

… I got a Dawn last night opening a gift I got from using the Star of Gratitude…. I was shocked. (Needless to say, I did “looky what I got here” in Divinities Reach and at Teq for a bit )Only other precursor I ever got was from a champion bag from the Toxic chest in Kessix Hills. It was a shield and I sold it fast.

…….words cannot express

lol

Grats on gaining the favor of the gods

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….