Better Choice for Trio

Better Choice for Trio

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lotus Bane.9387

Lotus Bane.9387

I’m playing GW2 with 2 of my family members. However we have been a little indecisive about our mains lol. I for one have several level 80s (Mesmer, Necromancer, Ranger).

But now we’re finally making our decisions on a main. We generally keep to ourselves for the time being when it comes to dungeons, fractals, or rather, any pve content. Which brings me to the title of the topic.

My brother has decided on Warrior as his main, while my sister has chosen Ranger. I love to support, heal, buff, etc. (Anything to keep the group stronger and going). I like all the ‘supportive’ classes (though honestly i stayed away from Guardian since there are so many lol), however I wanted to ask the GW2 community which class would compliment a Warrior and Ranger best as a trio.

At this point I have an open mind, even if it’s a challenging class (or overplayed :P).

(edited by Lotus Bane.9387)

Better Choice for Trio

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Honestly, pick any three class and you can make a trio out of them. A few pairings have better synergy (Thief and Ele for blasting AOE fields), but it really doesn’t matter.

If you’re looking for classes with a more unique playstyle, Engineer, Necromancer and Mesmer fit the bill. Engineers are particularly versatile with their access to kits/turrets/elixirs/etc. Could argue that Thief has a unique playstyle due to Initiative and no cooldowns (becomes a matter of managing your initiative to make sure you have the right tools when necessary).

Better Choice for Trio

Posted by: Lotus Bane.9387

Lotus Bane.9387

I like the idea of engineer. Are there any viable elixir or gadget builds, with maybe one kit? I saw the HGH Hybrid build on meta battle. But is that the only viable elixir build?