Better use of Karma Points?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Q:

With the latest patch , adding HoT items to the Notary Vendor in WvW ; I would like to add my opinion on a better use of karma points. Since HoT and maybe since the release of Guild wars 2, Karma has really had no use . Personally i have over 2million karma points and max level on about 6 difference classes, and have no reason to use Karma at all. I can see karma being used for ascended items / wvw blueprints/ ascended trinkets/ recipes etcetera . It would greatly increase the effect of having and the usage of Karma points. I know there will be a few people that will disagree with me on this;but still i want to know what you guys think. Do you think Anet should add more vendors and/or better usage for Karma? Not in a way that it would greatly impact the economy either but I feel as though Karma is just useless at its current stage in the game since HoT release.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

A:

I personally use mine on the Pact Supply Network Agents daily for the map bonus thingys, wittles down my karma that i have no use for, and when you see a map with good map bonuses, charged lodestones, powerful blood, giant eyes etc, i just spend them all on that map and cash in on the free gold

^this. Do it daily and cash in. Hold on to them for a few days. Nothing like seeing a few drops of 20 armored scales in one pass. They even sell ascended backpiece recipes from time to time. Use this for the daily locations
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Karma is fine. You can convert it to gold easily enough.

I just wish the karma armors were salvageable.

Sazukikrah.5036

Karma is fine. You can convert it to gold easily enough.

I just wish the karma armors were salvageable.

But does it have any use in the Expansion ?

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

karma always has at least one use (if you ignore gold conversion): obsidian shards, and with the legendary mastery making legendaries more accessible, I’d say it still has its uses in regards to the expansion

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I don’t feel that Karma is useless, but do I feel that more options when spending currencies is always better.

That being said, I can’t get behind the idea that, “ANet should” do that. Because, I dislike that phrase… ANet does what they feel they should do not what the players say they should do (though players being willing to make suggestions for change is awesome).

I like the idea that karma could be used in some way to support ascended crafting beyond obsidian shards….whether it is a good idea or not, I don’t know… but as someone who is currently trying to craft a full set of ascended weapons, the option would be welcome.

~EW

Sazukikrah.5036

I don’t feel that Karma is useless, but do I feel that more options when spending currencies is always better.

That being said, I can’t get behind the idea that, “ANet should” do that. Because, I dislike that phrase… ANet does what they feel they should do not what the players say they should do (though players being willing to make suggestions for change is awesome).

I like the idea that karma could be used in some way to support ascended crafting beyond obsidian shards….whether it is a good idea or not, I don’t know… but as someone who is currently trying to craft a full set of ascended weapons, the option would be welcome.

~EW

I appreciate your response.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

You can buy skins with karma. Cultural armor, I think. Idr, but I recently had a little over ten million karma and now I’ve got like two and a half, and I spent the balance on skins somehow when I was trying for Fashion Collector . . .

Sazukikrah.5036

You can buy skins with karma. Cultural armor, I think. Idr, but I recently had a little over ten million karma and now I’ve got like two and a half, and I spent the balance on skins somehow when I was trying for Fashion Collector . . .

What if you’re already capped on almost all the armor skins? And how exactly do you turn karma into gold? Only tedious process i found was crab gloves. mystic forge salvage to linen scraps

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They could improve the mystic forge interface.

Currently converting karma to gold is possible via forging and actually quite effective, but in terms of time, you could do many better things with your life. Yea, you could make a few hundred gold, but what will it do to your soul (and wrists?) It doesn’t help that the karma armor vendors are very far away from the mystic forge so a conduit is needed unless you want to run back to Lion’s Arch constantly which is already a pain to go to, or your WvW borderlands garrison, but now it doesn’t have a waypoint unless that’s upgraded which can suck depending on time of day.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karma As you can see, karma’s actually worth quite a bit.

On the other hand, would the better interface make it not as profitable? I don’t know.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Nozzle.8031

Nozzle.8031

I personally use mine on the Pact Supply Network Agents daily for the map bonus thingys, wittles down my karma that i have no use for, and when you see a map with good map bonuses, charged lodestones, powerful blood, giant eyes etc, i just spend them all on that map and cash in on the free gold

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Legendary mastery has made legendarys more accessible, but Forced WvW rewards Tracks have also made them less accessible.
That said, a mystic clover for some level of karma could be interesting…
Personally, i can’t get enough karma.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

get a mystic forge conduit, and use your karma exchange item from exotic hunter achievement atleast once a day coupled with buying right now max oldgate gloves forging salvage sell.
also pact networks. they have PLENTY of uses.