Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

Is getting bifrost on a Mesmer sort of a waste? How often do you use your staff in Dungeons/Fractals/WvW? :>

Thanks!

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I know close to nothing about Mesmers.

But purple butterflies stuff works great together with rainbows.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Everything in this game is a waste, be it it time, resources or money.

I for one would go for the look. In dungeon PvE, staff is not necessarily part of the meta (as melee is king), and Wv3, run what you want in a zerg…

I for one would go with Sunrise, but hey, GS is just good in open world anyway.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I would think if you are looking at getting a legendary on a mesmer you would have played one a good bit. That said, do you enjoy playing the staff on a mesmer? If you do then go for it.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Imo Bifrost is currently somewhat of an unused Legendary. The only staff I use on a regular basis is on my necro. My guardian uses it only when I need a speed boost. My Mesmer only used it while leveling. It’s a lovely staff though. If you use the staff enough on your Mesmer then it’s worth while. Otherwise, it will be just for display while in LA.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I very rarely see mesmers using a staff. You really have to look at your own play style and decide if you like staff mesmer. The bifrost is very expensive to make due to the current precursor price (otherwise, I’d say it’s the easiest, not requiring lodestones or anything overly difficult to get). The good thing is, if you make it and find that you never use staff on your mesmer, you can transfer it to another character on your account.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I use Bifrost and cant imagine a life without a staff on the Mesmer. Doesnt matter if its PvE, WvW or dungeons, too many good skills.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: esit.3927

esit.3927

I love staff on my Mesmer, always use it. I would go for it but still waiting for pre-cursor here unfortunately

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Is getting bifrost on a Mesmer sort of a waste? How often do you use your staff in Dungeons/Fractals/WvW? :>

Thanks!

Don’t waste your time. Staff shouldn’t be used in Dungeons/Fractals and WvW period, however if you’re running with a zerg in WvW you can consider it at times but it’s defiantly a waste of a legendary. There are plenty of other classes or legendary weapons for the mesmer but staff ain’t one

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Thanks!

There are plenty of other classes or legendary weapons for the mesmer but staff ain’t one

Not really.

GS? Not for fractals or dungeons
Sceptre? In one specific type of build in WvW/PvP(maybe)
Pistol? Great weapon, only works with skill #5 on Mesmer
Torch? In that same sceptre build.

So that leaves us Bolt(great choice), Bard(great but unspectacular effects), and Bifrost. Staff fits into WvW builds well, is good for mob tagging in open world PVE, and can fit into a dungeon build with chaos storm/armor, and a phantasm that hits bosses like a truck. I can’t speak to fractals.

Our PVE meta is very limiting right now, I would pick a legendary that you like aesthetically, because once you’ve done the work, you will make it work.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Bbaghi.8934

Bbaghi.8934

Staff mesmer is most boring weapon ever.. always avoid staff

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I love using staff on mesmer, but I’ve switched over to dual swords/greatsword for dungeons, and I’m using dual swords more than the great sword for the most part.

However in the open world, which is where I spent most of my time, you can use anything and that’s where I use my staff. The 2 skill is great for getting out of harms’ way and chaos storm and the phantasm are very good.

And in my guild, it doesn’t matter what people use, as long as they’re having a good time. It’s not like we don’t clear content anyway.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I love staff on my Mesmer, always use it. I would go for it but still waiting for pre-cursor here unfortunately

Me 2. I always use staff on my mesmer can’t play much of any other weapon sets. I’ve tried but always go back to staff, and yes my mesmer has the bifrost and loving it.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If you like using staff on mesmer then go for it. Weapon types are personal choices for different play styles, other players’ opinion is not important. Also staff is the most popular weapon among guards, necros and eles. You can use it on alts too if you have one of these classes.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Staff is a WvW roaming weapon. If you like that, good for you.

Bifrost on a Mesmer..

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love staff on Mesmers and I use it on both mine, Bifrost is a very Mesmery weapon imo and as a bonus your clones wield it too. So if you like to use staff on Mesmer, why not? If you don’t, then there is no piont is there?

Gunnar’s Hold