Big TY to Colin

Big TY to Colin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ve been meaning to make a post dedicated to Colin for being such a great human being. If you don’t read GW2 Reddit, our old friend Josh Foreman (creator of the Super Adventure Box) posted a very insightful FB post a couple of days ago. In it, he confirms what all of us already knew, that Colin is the nicest guy in all the game industry.

Here’s the link for reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3omcyk/josh_foreman_giving_us_some_insight_of_his_12/

The post brought tears to my eyes. Next time I see Colin at an event, I’m giving him a great big hug.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That was a heartwarming read. Thank you for sharing that with those of us that don’t regularly hang out on reddit (or FB).

Give Colin a hug for me too the next time you run into him. lol.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s certainly a different picture of life at Anet than some people try to paint. Not really surprised to be honest. I’ve always had the utmost respect for Anet as developers.

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

It’s certainly a different picture of life at Anet than some people try to paint. Not really surprised to be honest. I’ve always had the utmost respect for Anet as developers.

It’s almost like devs are just human, have normal lives outside of developing a game, similar problems, and so on.

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

They are human, and have lives just like us. I know sometimes I give them a hard time and make them feel like they are crap. But I do respect them, and the work they do for us. I think seeing the human side of them is a great thing for us as a community.

Maybe it would be a good thing to have a monthly employee spotlight, where we can get to know each of the team members and see what its like to be in their shoes? Im not talking about the corporate editing of a put together article here. I think those are fake no matter how well put together they are. Im talking about things like this article. The employee wrote himself… THAT… is what I would like to see more of.

It doesnt have to include very personal things like Colins. It could just be about daily routines and things they think about and do at work… maybe their dreams and hopes for themselves and the company… the important part is, the employee needs to write it, not a reporter doing an article.

just a thought.

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

We all know that behind bits and bytes, there are people.

Beyond computer development, there are lives and stories.

We could all be so grateful for the fact that everywhere around us theres a person with a story to tell, and a friend with the same troubles and secret wishes.

There are people alone in this world, so alone that if we told them that we play a game involving millions of people around different corners of the world, but our lives are so full and busy that we rarely have the chance to meet anyone, they would not believe us.

So, i am a bit more grateful to have the chance to read this and get to know a bit more of someone i have never seen before, but that impacts me everyday.

Ty to the OP for the post.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think Colin is great. I like Josh very much.

But, I must have missed the part about Colin’s great deed. It seemed that Jeff (who is no longer with ArenaNet) was the one that gave the chances to Josh.

There is mention of Colin and Mike Z equally being open and concerned about work-mates. That’s great.

Maybe I need to read the post on FB again. =/

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

That is a very nice read.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Big TY to Colin

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Good read. Would read again.