Big thumbs up!

Big thumbs up!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

Dear people of Anet, this is so friggin awesome! I can’t wait for the kinks to get worked out, as for rest, i cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!

This update adds to the game features i’ve been wanting too see, and frankly now i hunger for more! o_O

Keep the good job up!

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I agree thankyou anet, you warned us about there being not a great deal of content in this months patch and i was expecting less... Things that could be done vbetter is letting us know the actual eventsd start 29th not 28th, theres no info anywhere on this excepot looking through forums.

All in all though thanks for polishing the game alot more i look forward to how this arc pans out.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

i do love the new dailies though!

It felt fun figuring them out and do them, and not the same dull thing everyday :P

I’m super physched about this event, and what it entails!

…and is it just me or do i smell dragons?

o_o

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: rjlewis.8457

rjlewis.8457

Why screw with something that works? Have you been talking to Blizzard about what to do to kitten off your client base? I won’t be logging on to do your new dailies. Thanks…

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I would have liked to see some content to explore, but I guess we’ll have to wait for the fire and ice thing or whatever.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

These updates seem to be speaking well of the future life of GW2. New content and changes are solid and thought-out. There’s imperfections, and posters magnify these x100, but I am still excited and intrigued to see what else happens (esp. story-wise!).

People vary.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Totally agree! I feel that Anet really got it right in this patch. So different from the karka tragedy. sniff

I think the new dailies are just right. The variety is lots of fun, and I’m looking forward to seeing what new tasks pop up every day. I like that it takes a little more effort to finish, too (which is fair, since they’ve added laurels to the reward). The changes add to the sense of accomplishment and make it a more fun, more rewarding, and less grindy goal to pursue. The rotating achievement goals also give me hope that there will be more choice to avoid activities you don’t like and earn the laurels doing only what you find fun, hopefully for monthlies too in the next update.

And since my main is an engi, I find the engineer update especially awesome. Our weapon stats affect all our kits now?! Yes, please! Definitely the update we’ve been waiting for! Or at least one of the major ones.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: SouthernCross.5286

SouthernCross.5286

I agree, the new dailies are more involved, while having them switch up from day to day makes them a little less zzzzz worthy as the old ones where. Add to that the changes to Orr which make playing through the zones actually fun for once and the bump to the priest rewards and this was a great patch!

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Probably 11/15 still stands as the worst misstep in GW2 history because of the introduction of vertical progression. I would have to place 1/28 as number 2 in the worst misstep category. I can no longer do dailies (my major source of karma) as killing combo didn’t work yesterday and no one has been kind enough to die around me today. Culling is horrendously worse after the patch and loot is the same trash as it has been since the beginning. This patch was an opportunity missed, but consistent with the history of GW2.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

Probably 11/15 still stands as the worst misstep in GW2 history because of the introduction of vertical progression. I would have to place 1/28 as number 2 in the worst misstep category. I can no longer do dailies (my major source of karma) as killing combo didn’t work yesterday and no one has been kind enough to die around me today. Culling is horrendously worse after the patch and loot is the same trash as it has been since the beginning. This patch was an opportunity missed, but consistent with the history of GW2.

So so so questioning whether to ask a mod to move this post to a thread with a matching topic….

People vary.

Big thumbs up!

Lady Vireo.5189

Raine, have you tried reviving dead NPCs? They also count for the new daily, so if no players die around you, you can run around some heart events or DEs that frequently have dead NPCs. If you still have trouble finding ten dead NPCs to revive, keep in mind the daily will change again tomorrow. That’s what I find so nice about the new system. If you don’t like something, you’re not stuck with it, you can expect it to switch out and maybe be better the next day.

Sorry to hear you are having culling issues. I haven’t had any problems with that so I really can’t comment.

Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Raine, have you tried reviving dead NPCs? They also count for the new daily, so if no players die around you, you can run around some heart events or DEs that frequently have dead NPCs. If you still have trouble finding ten dead NPCs to revive, keep in mind the daily will change again tomorrow. That’s what I find so nice about the new system. If you don’t like something, you’re not stuck with it, you can expect it to switch out and maybe be better the next day.

Sorry to hear you are having culling issues. I haven’t had any problems with that so I really can’t comment.

Weird, some how culling is magically fixed for you?

You must have a super computer /rolleyes

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I agree.

If you roll out a big list of fixes/changes/features etc there’s always going to be some stuff on the list I disagree with or even roll my eyes at (if you’re a serious player of any game, could it be any other way?). But I like that it was done just the same.

I would like to see just as many patches like this, as actual content patches.

Big thumbs up!

Lady Vireo.5189

No, it’s not “fixed” because I have never had a significant problem with it, before or after the patch. That is, I have never noticed it that much, which must mean it hasn’t happened to me enough to be game-breaking for me. Since I don’t feel that I have personal experience with the issue, I can’t really weigh in on Raine’s experience with it or say whether it’s better/worse for players who are having trouble with it. That’s why I said I really can’t comment.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. :P

Edit: Sorry OP, I will get back on topic now. I just want to add the improved loot scaling is another thing that rocks about this patch. I do think that will help with the “empty zone” syndrome.

(edited by Lady Vireo.5189)

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Euriczski.9103

Euriczski.9103

awesome patch !

TarnishedCoast – Dropdeadangel

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

True enogh culling sucks, but in no way shape or forum is it that bad

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Over all from me and my guild the reactions to this patch have been nothing but posativ

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Yes, huge thumbs up. I like the new systems and rewards that come with them. I also love the fact that my performance in WvW, while still jumpy in zergs, is much better (Two year old laptop here, they did something right.).

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Loving everything about the patch.

Favorite changes are the downscaling tweaks (not feeling super super powered in lower zones), the “cant run from waypoints in combat” change (dungeons feel more challenging now) and the ability to do higher level fractals with lower fractal level guild members (makes it much easier to pull an organized group together).

Less noticeable on the forums (but definitely evident in game) are the positive effect the laurels, Orrian Jewelry Boxes and improved drops are having on the economy. I was able to easily get the last few corrupted lodestones I needed to craft my second Jormag’s Breath this afternoon. I wasnt expecting that to happen for weeks.

Big thumbs up!

Raine.1394

Thanks for this suggestion, as I didn’t realize NPC’s counted. I am now letting NPC’s die so that I can revive them. Not great as a concept, but efficient in getting the cheeve. I really do appreciate your helpful tone though, very nice to encounter in-game or in-forum. Dailies are a problem regardless. They weren’t but now they are. Fixing something working is tempting, but the risk is actually higher than if they were to fix something broken. It is most certainly a horrible patch as the forum threads reveal. I actually have lost the hope I had previously. Maybe time to look for a new game.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Big thumbs up!

Raine.1394

No, it’s not “fixed” because I have never had a significant problem with it, before or after the patch. That is, I have never noticed it that much, which must mean it hasn’t happened to me enough to be game-breaking for me. Since I don’t feel that I have personal experience with the issue, I can’t really weigh in on Raine’s experience with it or say whether it’s better/worse for players who are having trouble with it. That’s why I said I really can’t comment.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. :P

Edit: Sorry OP, I will get back on topic now. I just want to add the improved loot scaling is another thing that rocks about this patch. I do think that will help with the “empty zone” syndrome.

Yes, the brittle bones and shattered lockpicks are sure to get players out into the older content. I, in fact, was impressed. That, and it is harder to acquire them now—GG Anet!

(edited by Raine.1394)

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

As a rule I find forum threads in every MMO Ive played are full of negitivity directly after a patch comes out. Ive seen very few patches in any game where the first few days after the patch releases, the forums arent full of people unhappy with one thing or another.

Overall Ive really liked this patch and Im eager for the Living Story thing starting tomorrow. This patch was more than I expected since they said it was going to be a relatively small patch. This patch has actually made me pretty excited for the next few months.

Edit: Raine, I think youve had some bad luck. Ive had alot of 75+ blues and greens drop for me and one rare and Ive been in Wayfarer Foothills (1-15 zone).

(edited by Lutinz.6915)

Big thumbs up!

Raine.1394

As a rule I find forum threads in every MMO Ive played are full of negitivity directly after a patch comes out. Ive seen very few patches in any game where the first few days after the patch releases, the forums arent full of people unhappy with one thing or another.

Overall Ive really liked this patch and Im eager for the Living Story thing starting tomorrow. This patch was more than I expected since they said it was going to be a relatively small patch. This patch has actually made me pretty excited for the next few months.

Edit: Raine, I think youve had some bad luck. Ive had alot of 75+ blues and greens drop for me and one rare and Ive been in Wayfarer Foothills (1-15 zone).

You’ve have trash drop and you’re happy. If so, great, this is an excellent patch. Nothing but praises are due it.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: dibarra.2439

dibarra.2439

Just did Balthazar for the first time, and it was epic.

Overall, the patch is awesome!!! I’ve been getting lots of good drops and my inventory gets filled quickly! I need to use those MF boosters too as I have too many!

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Good to see a positive post. I too am happy with the changes in this patch, particuarly changes to the fractals, and the new dailies. I’m also happy for the laurels. I haven’t yet run a dungeon where you can’t rez while someone’s on combat, but I think that will do something positive for the game.

Instead of people being able to death-zerg a boss, they’ll actually have to learn how to defeat the boss, you know, like for real.

Good job Anet.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: cocolu.7640

cocolu.7640

agreed, I didn’t find the new dailies hard at all.

Big thumbs up!

Lady Vireo.5189

Thanks for this suggestion, as I didn’t realize NPC’s counted. I am now letting NPC’s die so that I can revive them. Not great as a concept, but efficient in getting the cheeve. I really do appreciate your helpful tone though, very nice to encounter in-game or in-forum.

I’m really happy to hear the suggestion helped! And I sincerely hope your experience with the patch will improve as time goes on, or at least that the game will have other things to offer you and others who are disappointed that will still make it enjoyable.

I think Lutinz is right about the loot. Patch days or not, RNG is just one of those things. sigh Sometimes we get nice stuff, sometimes not. Maybe you will notice more of a loot improvement as you play longer and have a luckier day. Like Lutinz I got a lot of 75-80 blues and greens since patch, which I personally was happy to get as the sales add up fast. I went home with almost a gold in my inventory from merch trash and heart rewards after doing Diessa yesterday (and the 18s that was from the zone completion). Plus some Ori I salvaged off white items. :O Maybe you are just richer than me and that doesn’t make too much of a different for you. ^^ But for a casual like me, making anything close to a gold in a 15-25 zone seems decent! My guildie got insanely lucky and had 3 level 75-80 yellows drop in the same play session. We can all be jealous together.

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Very happy with the patch. I think it’s a big step in the “we like you to play how you want” direction. Looking forward to the storyline.
Two thumbs up from me.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Like it! Looking forward to the living story, and since I already am a crafter, got one daily covered just by doing what I do. I’m glad to see they will be changing up so they aren’t the same everyday.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’m happy with the patch overall. Haven’t hit Orr, but I haven’t seen a new thread complaining about the mobs yet so that’s an improvement already.

I like the laurels, although they definitely need to get the rest of the achievements added to that system asap. I like the new dailies – they require more thinking and planning than the old dailies did, and actually reward player skill. They didn’t nerf any classes that I saw, just bugfixes mostly, so that’s a step in the right direction too. I’m a little irritated about the rich ori vein being taken, but that kind of thing happens. Oh well.

All in all 8/10, would download again.