Birthday Blaster Nerf

Birthday Blaster Nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Didn’t take them long to nerf it did they. Not saying it shouldn’t have happened, but just that it seems they realized after a few threads on the matter it wasn’t such a good idea. Just hope this isn’t a trend to nerf it out of existence.

That said, I have two issues.
1) it nerfs based on the ADJUSTED level, not your actual level. This makes it different than any other food and frankly makes it worst than most food. Hopefully this is unintended, but even if so I’m not sure they’ll fix it.
2) it doesn’t say how much it adjusts. For example, my level 80 who went to Blazeridge and was down leveled to 42 had his stats increased by only 24. The only way I knew this though was to look at my stats, then get the boost and look again.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

. Not saying it shouldn’t have happened, but just that it seems they realized after a few threads on the matter it wasn’t such a good idea

Maybe they nerfed it because it was unintended and was overlooked in QA?

Actually, I’m pretty sure they nerfed it for that reason. Not sure what you’re trying to get at.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Are you saying that low level players in WvW SHOULD have all their stats set to 3000 and be able to kill an entire lvl 80 zerg?

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Are you saying that low level players in WvW SHOULD have all their stats set to 3000 and be able to kill an entire lvl 80 zerg?

Just to be clear it wasn’t 3000, it was 2500 and if one upleveled player even with those stats can wipe an entire zerg then that zerg is doing it wrong. Having said this, yeah it was a needed fix, but please let’s try to avoid the hype train.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Invictus.1503

Just to be clear it wasn’t 3000, it was 2500 and if one upleveled player even with those stats can wipe an entire zerg then that zerg is doing it wrong. Having said this, yeah it was a needed fix, but please let’s try to avoid the hype train.

That isn’t what I’m saying at all. The point is that it should adjust based on the toon’s REAL level, not ADJUSTED level. So my level 80 should always get the +40 the same as if he used equivelent lvl 80 food. If a toon is upleveled (such as in WvW) they should only get the stat boosts appropriate to their REAL level (for example, lvl 42 toon’s upleveled should still only get the +24 to stats).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

That isn’t what I’m saying at all. The point is that it should adjust based on the toon’s REAL level, not ADJUSTED level. So my level 80 should always get the +40 the same as if he used equivelent lvl 80 food. If a toon is upleveled (such as in WvW) they should only get the stat boosts appropriate to their REAL level (for example, lvl 42 toon’s upleveled should still only get the +24 to stats).

I agree that this is how it should work, the only reason I can see them being standoffish about that is to try and prevent people who are already 80 becoming even more powerful for things like lower level dungeons. Not saying that is a particularly good reason or that it is their reason, but it is a possibility.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I noticed a mistake in your post. It should be titled, “Birthday Blaster Fix” – not “Birthday Blaster Nerf.” No need to thank me!

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wow….give ’em an inch….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

I wouldn’t say that’s a ‘nerf’, that’s a fix. Because it was clearly broken.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Looks like it was rushed

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What’s difficult about having the stats added after your other stats have been adjusted for level or whatever?

It’s not like having +40 stats added onto your adjusted stats is game breaking.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Invictus.1503

I wouldn’t say that’s a ‘nerf’, that’s a fix. Because it was clearly broken.

I agree it was broken, but the fix not only fixed it, it nerfed it. Let me put it another way. I can eat a Peach Tart (lvl 70 food) even while I’m down leveled to 42, and still get the +60 power. As it stands now, I can get a cake in a lvl 80 zone and get +40 attributes, but if I eat it in a lvl 42 zone I only get +24. If we carry this logic out, then why doesn’t the Peach Tart give less attribute points in lower level zones?

This is why I say it is more than just a fix. A fix would have been to scale the bonus by the REAL level of the person getting the buff, not the adjusted level. My guess is that the buff was being granted before the upleveling in WvW and that is why it was so insane. If they simply could apply the buff as a static increase after the adjustment it would fix this and all would be well. If I had to guess again, they couldn’t figure out how to do that and so just implemented what we have now.

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

so it went from way OP to UP? sadly, it will never be fixed now that it’s there. not enough pressing attention (instead of “mom, check this out!” it’ll be “what birthday food?”).

Birthday Blaster Nerf

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If it was a bug that let uplevels wipe zergs then that ****s hilarious in multiple different ways.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.