Birthday Booster

Birthday Booster

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jack of Blades.2153

Jack of Blades.2153

Birthday booster is all sweet and shiny, 24h buff that stays litteraly 24 hours of your gameplay, a bomb of an booster. But one thing is sure, stay off sPvP when you have your BBooster on you because it does not benefit it at all. I log in my character and immediatley join up on some borderland or maybe do quick cof p1 run. Dealing with the fact that i havent played any spvp match in days by now because i want to use maximum potential of BBooster. Now that the PvP reward tracker is in kick i am suggesting to make BBooster actually benefit it by giving a raw % increase on tracker XP and finnaly make it benefit in all aspects of game.

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It used to help in PvP as it used to double your glory gain. You are correct it’s useless there now. TBH I would suggest using it on a wvw only char. Figures I say this when my main still has some 20 hours of the buff left and I used up all 14 of them on him lol….kicking myself now!

In the least the buff should only lose time while in WvW.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You think that’s bad? I lost ~20 hours on my booster because I can’t read and went to SAB.

One – Piken Square

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

It used to help in PvP as it used to double your glory gain. You are correct it’s useless there now. TBH I would suggest using it on a wvw only char. Figures I say this when my main still has some 20 hours of the buff left and I used up all 14 of them on him lol….kicking myself now!

I agree about WvW, that’s where I’ve tended to use mine.

However, with PvP, it’s not quite completely useless, because magic find affects the PvP loot boxes. While it’s not worth playing PvP with the buff, it is worth giving the rewards to an alt with the buff.

Birthday Booster

Paulytnz.7619

However, with PvP, it’s not quite completely useless, because magic find affects the PvP loot boxes. While it’s not worth playing PvP with the buff, it is worth giving the rewards to an alt with the buff.

Are you sure the magic find works on those loot boxes? Because we have been told time and time again that magic find ONLY works on actual drops and not chests or boxes of any kind. If you have seen this information somewhere I would like to see the source please.

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Booster:
“Birthday Booster

Karma boost is in the description but is not in the buff you get.”
does it actually affect karma but just not say it?

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you sure the magic find works on those loot boxes? Because we have been told time and time again that magic find ONLY works on actual drops and not chests or boxes of any kind. If you have seen this information somewhere I would like to see the source please.

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Magic-Find-PvP-Mystery-Chest/first#post3875950

Birthday Booster

Paulytnz.7619

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Magic-Find-PvP-Mystery-Chest/first#post3875950

Cheers for the link that’s handy! Well this is good I don’t feel as bad now for having that buff up while I’m doing PvP now. In fact this may explain why I got that rare dagger skin from there last night from one of those champ boxes!

Birthday Booster

Mystic.5934

birthday booster did NOT increase how much karma I got from under leveled fractals

Birthday Booster

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

birthday booster did NOT increase how much karma I got from under leveled fractals

The Karma part of the Booster does not work. It never has. It seems to be a tool-tip error, although it might be a bug. If it is a bug, it has never been addressed.

Birthday Booster

Mystic.5934

those rotten boosters!