Birthday Gifts and Headstart

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

So I haven’t seen this mentioned much but I thought we were suppose to start getting birthday gifts when our character becomes one year old. So for people that made their character during the head start should we get our gifts Sunday August 25 12:01 AM PST?

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah i was wondering too.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I believe the 25th is correct.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I already know that I won’t be getting any of the birthday gifts. My account started at launch, however, the characters I’m currently playing are remakes of my original beta characters, made a couple of months later. It sounds like the birthday gifts are specific to characters made at launch as opposed to accounts created then.

Im Mudbone.1437

All personal birthday gifts will start on the 1st day that your character was created on or re-created on and each year after, use alts to create new characters so you don’t miss out on the first character made.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Make sure you check back here at 12:01 AM on the 25th to catch the first of many threads from people complaining that the gift wasn’t good enough and they feel the deserve more.

The Burninator

Im Mudbone.1437

Make sure you check back here at 12:01 AM on the 25th to catch the first of many threads from people complaining that the gift wasn’t good enough and they feel the deserve more.

Gotta love the haters even when given free stuff. I will just graciously accept my gift. Thanks in advance ANET.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Gotta love the haters even when given free stuff. I will just graciously accept my gift. Thanks in advance ANET.

Well a lot of it comes from the fact (if I remember correctly) that these players were used to how it worked on GW1. There each char got a gift on it’s birthday and the gift was random for every char. Here it seems EVERY char will get the SAME exact gift so really it seems you are only getting rewarded once and it feels like it’s account bound in a way….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I want nothing less than a cake. Anything more I’m good with. Lol

XcmGT.3847

For some reason I was under the impression we were getting it today because the anniversary fail…I mean sale started.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Its already started. You should have seen the massive thread in one of the LS sections that was deleted the other day. Some of the most amazing whining ever.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

There’s a good chance that the rewards are account related, being that everything in this game is very alt-forgiving such as account bound items and the account wallet. So it’s most likely going to reward you for being 1 year old since account creation, rather than 1 year old for characters.

If it was based off character, I will have 8 presents on the 25th

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There’s a good chance that the rewards are account related, being that everything in this game is very alt-forgiving such as account bound items and the account wallet. So it’s most likely going to reward you for being 1 year old since account creation, rather than 1 year old for characters.

It’s based on character. So you should get 8 mini Queen Jennahs, 8 exp scrolls and eight 24 hour boosters (probably all account bound).

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It’ll start with the character’s creation day. So if you still have characters that you made at head start, those will be the first to get it. If you made characters after that date, they will still get birthday items, just later on when their first birthday is reached. That’s why I kept all five of my first characters without re-rolling. I don’t play three of them, but I figured there would be birthday presents so I waited. Now I’m glad I did.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

The gift is total crap, this is true. GW1 had a much better gift system. Unless they make something different than what was announced, it isn’t good enough.

toafarmer.8401

It’s based on character. So you should get 8 mini Queen Jennahs, 8 exp scrolls and eight 24 hour boosters (probably all account bound).

I will have 15 account bound mini Jennah’s. 14 of them will be useless.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

If it must be a minipet gather all that exist in gw2 and make it random and tradeable like in gw1.

XcmGT.3847

Only a few more hours until we (some of us) get our gifts, I forget if the servers came up early during the headstart…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Only a few more hours until we (some of us) get our gifts, I forget if the servers came up early during the headstart…

I noted in my diary ^^ that they came up on 11pm CT on 8/24/12. Which should be 9pm PT (4 hours after the daily reset).

toafarmer.8401

I got 14 of them. My 15th (and last) character didn’t get it (god knows why, since it was created on the same day as all others). Now I have 13 useless Jennahs, waiting for the 14th useless one.

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

I got 14 of them. My 15th (and last) character didn’t get it (god knows why, since it was created on the same day as all others). Now I have 13 useless Jennahs, waiting for the 14th useless one.

You forgot to mention the 14-15 useless experience scrolls?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I called it. It is 9:00 EST here and as of the time of this post there are 11 birthday related threads on the front page and almost all of them are people complaining.

The Burninator

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I called it. It is 9:00 EST here and as of the time of this post there are 11 birthday related threads on the front page and almost all of them are people complaining.

Yea but predicting that ArenaNet is going to irritate their players by not thinking something through before they release it is rather like predicting that the sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow. It’s a matter of course – they haven’t done anything right since launch (except arguably the SAB, but that’s also arguably a different game from GW2).