Black Friday Delux Edition Deal question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Are we able to upgrade to that for free if we own the base copy or is it you must buy the entire thing? Thank you!

Posted by: Bones.8209

Bones.8209

I was definitely wondering this myself.. however I doubt that AN (much less NC Soft) would allow this to take place without some sort of monetary exchange…

Posted by: Mairenaianelle.3849

Mairenaianelle.3849

It’s confusing how they have it shown as a free download but has a price. …and the description for the sale makes even less sense to me. …how can you still be getting so many items “for free” when you’re still paying for it? o.O

Posted by: StormGryffen.7638

StormGryffen.7638

I don’t work for Arena-Net, but I feel pretty confident informing you that you don’t get the digital upgrade for free due to already owning a copy. The sale is for folks who buy the digital deluxe copy during the sale at a reduced price (the equivalent of the non-deluxe price). Its just catchy wording to say “free upgrade,” its already confused a few people.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

It’s “Free with purchase” much like a Taco Bell coupon for a free Taco with the purchase of a large drink.

The basic account and digital deluxe are the same price. The upgrade is free.

If you want the “Free upgrade” you must purchase the basic account. Thus $59.99 or your currencies equivalent.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Mairenaianelle.3849

Mairenaianelle.3849

It’s “Free with purchase” much like a Taco Bell coupon for a free Taco with the purchase of a large drink.

The basic account and digital deluxe are the same price. The upgrade is free.

If you want the “Free upgrade” you must purchase the basic account. Thus $59.99 or your currencies equivalent.

Thanks.

Wish it was explained by Anet better so there isn’t so many confused over this as I am. >.< But it’s just an upgrade. I don’t need it and don’t have to worry about it. Was just confused by the wording. Thanks again.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Nah, that’s a black friday deal, i guess, those who already own a copy will have to buy the expansion through the black lion store.
Kinda sux, but think of those, like me, who payed extra for that, and now see it given away for free…

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

Keep in mind that if you bought the game before Black Friday, that means you were able to play the game before Black Friday. You got access to the Halloween and Nov 15 events. People who are just buying it now missed out on those events.

There is value in having something sooner rather than later. I would rather have someone give me $1000 now then $1000 a year from now.