Black Lion Chest Merchant

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

How about a Merchant that gives you 1 Black Lion Key if you trade him a stack (250) of Black Lion Chests.

Advantages
() Yes I understand Black Lion Chests are on the TP, but with this addition they would quickly disappear.
(
) Players would value a Black Lion Chest dropping for them.
() Potentially free up some inventory/bank space.
(
) A sink hole for the out of control rising amount of Chests in the game.

It’s a simple fix that I feel is rewarding and creates a tangible reward from pretty much a Junk item.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Anet want to sell the keys for Dollar&Euro at gem shop. they have no interest to give them to black lions chests speculants/hoarders for free

the chests drops are to hook the players to buy keys.

at the view of anet your suggestion make no sense

(*) Potentially free up some inventory/bank space.

they nerf key farm and give keys for free to black lion chest hoarders ? Keep on dreamin

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

A stack of BLCs does, with the current price, cost about 69 gold. That is quite a bit more than simply buying the key directly from the gem store.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

A stack of BLCs does, with the current price, cost about 69 gold. That is quite a bit more than simply buying the key directly from the gem store.

atm. but there was a time few people buy up 100.000 to millions of chests for 2-4 copper/ea.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/20316

as i said wont happen

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

No, they cost between 2s 15c to 2s 73c so a full stack of 250 would cost about 6.9g not 69g. A single key on the gem store is 125 gems or about 25g at the moment.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The keys are a gem store item that is a source of income for this company. Any time you suggest a way to get an item for free that you would normally have to pay for you need to explain how it’s to the companies advantage to lose that sale.

So, how does ANet gain from people getting free keys with this method?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

I think Blc r meh lately.. i bought 25 keys over n over again and i never gotten anything good. And now they keep remove things, making drops more rares.. Whats left in the blc anyway. Super pets r gone. I dont see what ppl bother xD :P