Black Lion Chest contents?? where ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zem.4139

Zem.4139

Hey ,
I’ve just found this on youtube :
=> open 500 Black lion chest :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yuHr60Lpeo
not a single permanant contract !! what a scam !!!!
=> open 1000 Black lion chest :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohvl5x7XLYc
and only 1 single permanant contract……..
1000 keys ( about ~~ 1000$ !!!! u can buy a real car for this price dude !! ) and 1 single contract ? really ?
I ve never see a worst publicity to sell keys…

To conclude :
After get a look on this , im pretty sure i will never give a single $ to buy a single keys… what a scam.
I will not waste money and gold for nothing.

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

For starters, those videos were made by an individual who is not associated with ArenaNet, and are not meant for advertising purposes. Secondly, it’s a rather well known fact that permanent contracts have the lowest drop rate from BLC’s. This is why they go for so much on the trading post. BLC’s are purely for gambling purposes. Most any player will tell you that they are use at your own risk.

P.S. By the way, did you even look at when those videos were posted?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

(edited by Berelious.3290)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

BLKs are not an investment, they are an impulse purchase. They’re for when you just feel like really gambling (rather than just stuffing ectos and gold coins down the throat of some poor skritt)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is like being shocked that you bought a thousand $1 lottery tickets and only got like $200 in loot instead of that $50 million big prize they brag about in their advertisement.

Zem.4139

its a game who cost ~40$ and a single item in this game cost more than 1000$ ? yes im shocked.
And im shocked that this single virtual item alone cost more than a real car in real life.
And you don’t feel any problem ?
Player should mortgage house to get endgame items ?

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Permanent contracts are sold on the TP. I’m not sure what gems-to-gold ratio is at the moment, but if you wanted to buy a permanent contract outright with real money through gems-to-gold exchange, it wouldn’t be nearly as much as you’re saying.

Zem.4139

i don’t want permanant contrat , im just shocked what a scam is it.
Something like this should not happen in a game. I can understand after pay your game 40$ , dev need money to continu game… 1$ for this or for that , 10$ for player who want more and maybe , 100$ for hardcore fanplayer who want extrem reward ( its already 2.4x price of game for a single item ) but 1000$ its just…. there are no limit ? so sell item for 10000$ or 1000000$ , ppl have so much money they need to waste it…

Ariurotl.3718

Once again, it’s a gambling tool. It’s not a scam if you can theoretically win, that’s why lotteries are not outlawed (unless prohibited by some states or state religions).

Zem.4139

you can maybe win it after 1000$ , but for some other its 2000$ , maybe 1 day a player will get it for 500$ keys , but its still to expensive for a virtual game.
Life is enought expensive to not waste 1k $ for a virtual item.
But guys…. 1k $ !! do you realize the reality of the real money ? or are you billionnar and you don’t care about all these poor human who can’t get more than 1200$/month and who have not 40$ to eat after pay all bill.
You reallize how much money is 1000$ for a single virtual item ? its not a game , no one will buy a game for 1000$ , no , its just a single item IN this game ! you realize ?

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

As was stated.
It’s a gamble.
It’s not a scam if you don’t get the top prize, it’s just not your day.
It’s purely up to each individual to want to open that many.
And you don’t know how they got the keys. Maybe they’re a dedicated key farmer, or have been saving their map completion keys.
Maybe even farmed their kitten off for gold to trade for gems.

I’ve personally opened hundreds over the years, and haven’t really gotten any of the spectacular prizes.
Did get double full tickets in one chest though, that was cool.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Zem.4139

so , yea some have get keys by map completion , some other by gold , some other by $ , but in each , they have waste time. so , waste more than thousand hours to get a single item in game is fair ?
so if you want all endgame item , you have to spend more than 1 million hours to get it and its fair ? so nice , an human life from 80 years should be enought to get all , nice , I am reassured.
If some player sell it back for less , its fine , it will take you only 40 years instead of 80… perfect !
so , not define a limit about an item price is fine ?

Berelious.3290 “For starters, those videos were made by an individual who is not associated with ArenaNet” sure anet want get your money , they will not show how droprate from these item doesn’t exist !!!

Berelious.3290 “P.S. By the way, did you even look at when those videos were posted?”
> yes i’ve see , from start 4years ago , and in summer 2014 but hey , do you think anet have change anything to fix this ? get a look how many gold it cost when player sell back and you will know t : the answer is no.

Dawdler.8521 “This is like being shocked that you bought a thousand $1 lottery tickets and only got like $200 in loot instead of that $50 million big prize they brag about in their advertisement.”
> dude you know what a game mean ? you know you have already pay your game ?
you know real loto give you money when you win ?
Because in this game , you just waste time in a vrtual world and waste real money for virtual item who will make you happy maybe 30sec.

I can’t trust i’ve to explain the life and what real money is for an human….
Some of you are totally disconnect for real world and totally lost the notion of money….

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

Because in this game , you just waste time in a vrtual world and waste real money for virtual item who will make you happy maybe 30sec.

You shouldnt do that! Get a few keys from maps, maybe a few for gold and if you are lucky you get an contract and be happy. If not….. try to find joy in playing the game, you paid already money for it, enoy it

Ariurotl.3718

I can’t trust i’ve to explain the life and what real money is for an human….
Some of you are totally disconnect for real world and totally lost the notion of money….

Considering that pretty much everyone else in this thread disagrees with your opinions, I’d say the chances of the opposite are more likely. But then again, it’s a gamble.

Zem.4139

Ariurotl.3718 , so because all of you are billionar and think 1000$ is just a bad day for you , i should agree that 1000$ is nothing important… i should think 1000$ is just like a baguette ? we live in same world ? because in my world 1000$ is a saving money get in 2 years for most of 99% human in world who have not a boat from 30 meter in the garden from his castle.

But yea Ariurotl.3718 , maybe im wrong and maybe 1000$ for a single virtual item is nothing , maybe all this time i’ve live in matrix or an other paralel univers with unicorn where money can get easely on a tree.

And yea if 100 , 1000 or 10k people say me i can get 1000$/day and waste it on gw2 , i say ok , just show me how.

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Ariurotl.3718 , so because all of you are billionar and think 1000$ is just a bad day for you , i should agree that 1000$ is nothing important… i should think 1000$ is just like a baguette ? we live in same world ? because in my world 1000$ is a saving money get in 2 years for most of 99% human in world who have not a boat from 30 meter in the garden from his castle.

But yea Ariurotl.3718 , maybe im wrong and maybe 1000$ for a single virtual item is nothing , maybe all this time i’ve live in matrix or an other paralel univers with unicorn where money can get easely on a tree.

And yea if 100 , 1000 or 10k people say me i can get 1000$/day and waste it on gw2 , i say ok , just show me how.

Then don’t spend the money gambling if you don’t have it. You are delusional.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Zem.4139

shadowpass.4236 , you undersand what i say or not ?
I don’t spend any money in , i explain how its stupid to ask this inifnite money to a single virtual item… i just highlight how it’s stupid to not put a limit on price item , to not put a limit to not let a droprate pass under a % who ask you this quantity insane of $/time/gold.
A game should be finish by all player , but when in history , online appear and especially MMO appear , conpany take right to ask insane mont of money to get endgame item , its not fair !

(edited by Zem.4139)

shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236 , you undersand what i say or not ?
I don’t spend any money in , i explain how its stupid to ask this inifnite money to a single virtual item… i just highlight how it’s stupid to not put a limit on price item , to not put a limit to not let a droprate pass under a % who ask you this quantity insane of $/time/gold.
A game should be finish by all player , but when in history , online appear and especially MMO appear , conpany take right to ask insane mont of money to get endgame item , its not fair !

Getting a permanent contract is not endgame lol. I don’t think you understand the concept of gambling.

Zem.4139

a mmo don’t include gambling ( if you mean game of money ).
And you don’t unerstand an item in a VIDEO GAME should not ask you thousand $.
you feel its right to fix a droprate who put a value on an item out of thousand $ in a video game ?
Do you do it on purpose or just refuse to understand the absurdity of the thing?

an item in a video game should not cost 1000$

in reality an item should never cost more than the game himself. because its not fair for player who buy the game who can’t acces to all item from the game they have buy ! simple ? not ?

shadowpass.4236

you feel its right to fix a droprate who put a value on an item out of thousand $ in a video game ?
Do you do it on purpose or just refuse to understand the absurdity of the thing?

in reality an item should never cost more than the game himself. because its not fair for player who buy the game who can’t acces to all item from the game they have buy ! simple ? not ?

It doesn’t cost $1000. In fact, you can spend $0 and get a permanent contract or thousands of dollars and not get it at all. Again, you don’t understand the concept of gambling. You are delusional.

If you could get every item in every game for less than the cost of the game, everyone would have the best and rarest items the game has to offer easily. Literally you can look at any multiplayer game and there will ALWAYS be items that if you converted their in game cost due to rarity into real life currency, will cost more than the game.

Posted by: Clear Black.9206

Clear Black.9206

And im shocked that this single virtual item alone cost more than a real car in real life.

No idea where you are from, but a $1000 isnt a valid argument on a purchase price of a vehicle. Here in the USA, the average purchase price of a car is over $30k. You cant even buy a USED car for $1k that will be worth anything more than a headache and more repairs bills. MAYBE…just MAYBE you are lucky and can find a beater car for less than $1k and it be worth driving for a bit.

Please dont base your argument on a rather outlandish statement such as this. It is such an exageration I couldnt take your post seriously.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You realize they sell the non permanent items in the gemstore right? The hair style, bank access, merchants. They want to sell them or have the items be worth something as a Black Lion drop. If they had the permanent items with a high drop rate so that people could either get them from a chest or pick them up cheap on the trading post for a few gold then not only will those people not buy the non permanent items any more from the gemstore but when they get the non permanent items in the Black Lion chest then they are worthless drops. Which means that the Black Lion chest contents have less value and ANet is no longer selling the non permanent items directly, resulting in loss of income to ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Aryan Arlande.6184

Aryan Arlande.6184

Considering that pretty much everyone else in this thread disagrees with your opinions,

No.

I agree with him/her

Gambling should not have been in a game with children around or in it.

Zem.4139

Clear Black.9206 ‘Please dont base your argument on a rather outlandish statement such as this. It is such an exageration I couldnt take your post seriously."
>Because a virtual item who cost ~1000$ can be take seriously ?
yea i agree you can get with 0$ and don’t get with 10 000$ but its why is exactly not serious.
An item should not cost this much $ or time or gold.
and i’ve hear about non permanant contrat. maybe its to expensive too , you have think about that ?
If i hear you , waste a life for endgame items is fine , its just a part of game WTF dude its a video game ! you realize company doing this scam 25 years ago ? they had been attack in justice for scam !!
But today in 2017 every company who create MMO ask thousand $ for some single item and because all these company do these scam its fine , normal , nothing is wrong.
Let them continu to push out more insane quantity of monney out of player pocket… yea really fine , really fair.

shadowpass.4236 “If you could get every item in every game for less than the cost of the game, everyone would have the best and rarest items the game has to offer easily. Literally you can look at any multiplayer game and there will ALWAYS be items that if you converted their in game cost due to rarity into real life currency, will cost more than the game.”
>>I don’t say everything should be get under 1 hours , i say 2000 hours for a single item is to much. and its to much because you have most hundred item like that.

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Permanent contracts are sold on the TP. I’m not sure what gems-to-gold ratio is at the moment, but if you wanted to buy a permanent contract outright with real money through gems-to-gold exchange, it wouldn’t be nearly as much as you’re saying.

And this is exactly what people should do. Don’t gamble that you will get an item you want – purchase the item you want from the TP.

And never pay cash for BL keys, either get them as rewards or exchange gold for them. I’m not suggesting that people not purchase items from the Gem Store, just purchase the item you want, don’t gamble since most of the time you will be disappointed.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Zem.4139

Djinn.9245 , time is money , if you prefer don’t pay $ and use gold or farm key , for 1000 keys , it will take you ~ 1800 hours. So you will work ( farm , same thing ) 1800 hours for 1000 keys ?
If you work 1800 hours , in my state , you win about a minimum of 18000$;
So fair your trick !! really. I mean , i feel totally fine now.
Again an item should not take you an insane quantity of $/gold/time
You need to realize that $/gold/time are linked. you can’t separate this , these 3 option cost you time of life.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245 , time is money , if you prefer don’t pay $ and use gold or farm key , for 1000 keys , it will take you ~ 1800 hours. So you will work ( farm , same thing ) 1800 hours for 1000 keys ?
If you work 1800 hours , in my state , you win about a minimum of 18000$;
So fair your trick !! really. I mean , i feel totally fine now.
Again an item should not take you an insane quantity of $/gold/time
You need to realize that $/gold/time are linked. you can’t separate this , these 3 option cost you time of life.

Some people have a lot of time but not a lot of money. Those are the people that may prefer to exchange gold for gems. Some people may prefer to level a character to get a key. I’m not saying it’s a “trick” to getting keys, I’m saying there are multiple ways to get them besides spending RL money lol.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Games with monthly subscriptions must be scandalous. Not to mention items like Invisible Shoes and Chak Egg Sac.

I’ve had hobbies that were a lot more expensive than this one, though. Ah well, we all have our pet peeves, I suppose.

Zem.4139

Djinn.9245 ; and i don’t say we can’t have an other way than money , i know we can use time or gold , but its just to much time or gold asked ;
again and again , a single item should not cost 1800 hours of work.

Usually , player who are on game online 6-7 or 12hours /day are on game because they have not enought money to have a good life , they don’t come on game to spend 1000$ , and still if they play 18h/day , they don’t want waste 1800 hours for a single item , not hard to understand… i was thinking its not hard to understand but what a pain to explain easy thing…
To much time/gold/$ for a single item i can’t do less from 9 word in a sentence to explain something easy like hell….
I can write a book about why human who get 1200$/month and want play to a game with the last freetime they have don’t want and don’t have 1000$/1800hours/25k gold
to waste for each engame item ( and if you considere there are more than hundred you can propably loose mind to count ).
But what about write a book if easy thing like To much time/gold/$ for a single item can’t be understand.

Inculpatus cedo.9234 "Games with monthly subscriptions must be scandalous’
10-15$/month scandalous ? i feel scandalous 1000$/endgame item.
I prefer pay 10-15$/month ( 180$/years ) and get free endgame item who cost you only time ( 100 hours/item its already a big part of time when you see that awesome game like skyrim can be end under 20hours and engame item take you 5-10hours each) than a game with no price limit who cost 1000$/each engame item.
15$/month mean 1800$ in 10 years… better than waste 100 000$ to get all endgame item ( or 180 000 hours of farm , choose what you prefer )

monthly subscriptions mean anet or other company have to works to add content to keep suscriber , and its not easy than just create a single item with 5min and put a droprate so unreal who put the cost over 1000$ who will let player farm 1800hours.
yea , easy way , add farm instead content… good way !

(edited by Zem.4139)

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Considering that pretty much everyone else in this thread disagrees with your opinions,

No.

I agree with him/her

Gambling should not have been in a game with children around or in it.

You should take off those rose colored glasses of the world you’re living in and come back to reality.

Gambling, in a sense, has been going on for a good 50+ years where kids take part in it. Have you ever heard of sports cards and kids buying sports packages trying to get a specific card?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

you dont have to pay even one $ to get it.
ive got 3 perma banks (got em before shared inventory) and one of each of the others. without ever spending one cent on gems.
just play the game, and if you REAAAALY want that one item, just save up gold till you can afford it.
tons of people getting the weekly “free” blk, so there is probably at least one perma contract entering the game each week.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

and lol no. Neople getting 1200$/months wont be able to take the easy way out.
im getting around 500$ each month, but that just mean that i just dont buy keys, easy as that.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Djinn.9245 ; and i don’t say we can’t have an other way than money , i know we can use time or gold , but its just to much time or gold asked ;

Ok. Think about what would happen if the permanent items were easy to get

1) you’d get it fast, ok, now you’re happy but then
2) you get another. You put it on the trading post.
But everyone is also putting their extras on the trading post. The price is falling like a rock. 3) next, you get the one use item from a chest. Now it’s worthless

So, if they were easy to get the price on the trading post would be cheap and all who wants one would have one. ANet would lose sales of the one use items in the gemstore (loss of income) and the one use items in the chest would be worthless (loss of income to ANet, since now the one use items that are worthless to many people and people buy fewer keys because the chests have less of value).

The result of easy to get permanent items is loss of income to ANet from loss of direct sales on one use items and fewer keys. That’s why the permanent items have an extremely low drop rate.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i don’t want permanant contrat , im just shocked what a scam is it.
Something like this should not happen in a game. I can understand after pay your game 40$ , dev need money to continu game… 1$ for this or for that , 10$ for player who want more and maybe , 100$ for hardcore fanplayer who want extrem reward ( its already 2.4x price of game for a single item ) but 1000$ its just…. there are no limit ? so sell item for 10000$ or 1000000$ , ppl have so much money they need to waste it…

Do you think lotteries are a scam? Those often return less than 50% of their cost in total rewards, averaged over everyone including the big winner. You are paying a a tiny cost per BL Key for the moment of excitement that comes when you use the key, hoping against hope that you’ll be the lucky one (pro tip: you won’t be).

If that brief thrill isn’t worth a buck (or a Euro or a bob), don’t buy BL keys. If it’s not worth 15 minutes of your time, don’t farm key runs each week. But don’t call it a “scam” when we know that this is how lotteries work.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Beshbaliq.3724

Beshbaliq.3724

@OP: Gambling Chest in MMORPGS may be new to you, but let me assure you that they’ve been around for ages.

You seem to be upset about the irl-money one person may need to spend to get any form of perma-contract inf one wants to get one from BLCs.

And what you need to understand is that Arena Net isn’t selling those permanent contracts at ANY price. Not for a single cent. They offer them as random drops in chests you can get keys for in an abundance of ways, most of them actually free of any cost, except the time you put into playing the game anyway.

Move along, nothing to see here

(edited by Beshbaliq.3724)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The permanent contracts on the TP are offered by players to players. It’s supply and demand. All arenanet has done is make them very rare but they have not directly set the price.

BLKeys are a means to gamble away a lot of gems. Any person with half a brain knows this. There have been countless threads on how high and/or low drop chances are on the contents. Most of the very expensive items in GW2 are pure convenience or flashy effect, I’d take that over powercreep content in other games.

If Black Lion Merchant contracts offend you, don’t take a look at the Chak Egg Sac (https://www.gw2tp.com/item/72021-chak-egg-sac). That one is far more valuable and seldom than any permanent contract.

That being said, you make a LOT of assumptions about other players which are either:

a.) offensive
b.) pure speculation
c.) cliche
d.) outlandish

suffice to say, your world view is not all defining. Maybe take a deep breath, drink some tee, and stop attacking people for how they decide to play the game and spend their gold/money.

If you did some basic research on how much real life money gets spent on digital goods from MMOs you’d realise how off base you are and not in touch with reality.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Usually , player who are on game online 6-7 or 12hours /day are on game because they have not enought money to have a good life , they don’t come on game to spend 1000$ , and still if they play 18h/day , they don’t want waste 1800 hours for a single item , not hard to understand… i was thinking its not hard to understand but what a pain to explain easy thing…
To much time/gold/$ for a single item i can’t do less from 9 word in a sentence to explain something easy like hell….
I can write a book about why human who get 1200$/month and want play to a game with the last freetime they have don’t want and don’t have 1000$/1800hours/25k gold
to waste for each engame item ( and if you considere there are more than hundred you can propably loose mind to count ).
But what about write a book if easy thing like To much time/gold/$ for a single item can’t be understand.

Inculpatus cedo.9234 "Games with monthly subscriptions must be scandalous’
10-15$/month scandalous ? i feel scandalous 1000$/endgame item.
I prefer pay 10-15$/month ( 180$/years ) and get free endgame item who cost you only time ( 100 hours/item its already a big part of time when you see that awesome game like skyrim can be end under 20hours and engame item take you 5-10hours each) than a game with no price limit who cost 1000$/each engame item.
15$/month mean 1800$ in 10 years… better than waste 100 000$ to get all endgame item ( or 180 000 hours of farm , choose what you prefer )

monthly subscriptions mean anet or other company have to works to add content to keep suscriber , and its not easy than just create a single item with 5min and put a droprate so unreal who put the cost over 1000$ who will let player farm 1800hours.
yea , easy way , add farm instead content… good way !

Sigh… look, just because you can buy something en masse doesnt mean its a scam.

I could go out and buy PS4 games for $1000 every month until winter. Would I be scammed of all my monies? Would it be worth it? Why do I even need to play that many games?

I dont know, I dont even own a PS4!

But I could still do it.

When it comes to games, dont question the logic of whales. It may seem absurd to you but its their choice. Its their time. Its their money.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That being said, you make a LOT of assumptions about other players which are either:

a.) offensive
b.) pure speculation
c.) cliche
d.) outlandish

suffice to say, your world view is not all defining. Maybe take a deep breath, drink some tee, and stop attacking people for how they decide to play the game and spend their gold/money.

If you did some basic research on how much real life money gets spent on digital goods from MMOs you’d realise how off base you are and not in touch with reality.

Yup, all of this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know. If spending more than the cost of the game upsets you, I can’t imagine having to spend to play a game you already bought doesn’t upset you, as well.

No one is forcing anyone to purchase Black Lion Keys. What about those players that get the Permanent Contract items in their first key, or first 5 keys? Then, the cost for the item is $5. How about those that never get one? Then, the cost could be more than $1000.

Unless you have the data showing every Black Lion Chest ever opened, and what the contents were, you can’t really assign a cost to the Permanent Contract items.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

To the OP. First those videos are from 2014, the BLC have been redesigned last year into their documented drop tables of common, uncommon, rare and super-rare. But we don’t have official numbers for individual items. But that said permanent contracts have always been an ultra rare drop.

BL Chests were only profitable back in the days of unlimited key farming since the keys were free. Now with key farming is limited to once a week, trying to “make” a guaranteed profit on BL Chest drops is simply a foolish exercise. The cost of 1000 keys in gems, $1050 translates into 84,000 gems which can be converted into over 15,000 gold according to the API.

So what was just as true with BL weapon skins, the better choice if you are starting with cash is to buy gems, convert it to gold and buy them off the TP if you want a sure thing. You buy them for the thrill of the surprise, not as an investment opportunity.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes