Black Lion Chest prizes

Black Lion Chest prizes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

There needs to be more prizes, not just dyes, boosters, and minis as 90% of the rewards.

I suggest adding in everything available on the gem store currently before you open a chest. Meaning if say there is a limited time only available, if you open a black lion chest you have a little chance of getting that item. Once the item is gone from the gem store, then the chests wouldn’t give them anymore. Yes even account upgrades could be a prize you could get. Hell you could also add in the Mystic Forge Conduit to the list, as I’m sure there are a lot of people that would like to be able to get that without spending 700g or so. You could even put in precursors as prizes. You know how many people would probably go for keys if they seen they could get their precursor.

I just think if you are going to make us spend $30+ just to get 25 keys for 2100 gems, then end up getting absolute garbage.

Think of people that buy keys thinking “oh im gonna get something good today!” .. They go out and buy a bunch of gems, lets say 24,000 gems for $300.. and end up getting nothing worth a kitten . How do you think that person is going to feel?

I can sure tell you they won’t be happy and will most likely spread word about how crappy the rewards are.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Black Lion Chest prizes

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Lol the reason the rewards are so kitten is because people buy them in hopes that they’re the lucky 0.000001% to get something good out of them.

Why would they buff their #1 money maker?

Black Lion Chest prizes

Vegeta.2563

Lol the reason the rewards are so kitten is because people buy them in hopes that they’re the lucky 0.000001% to get something good out of them.

Why would they buff their #1 money maker?

They could broaden it, and get more people interested. I can only count 2 things worth getting. 1 claim tickets / scraps, and permanent contracts. WOW so much variety lol

Black Lion Chest prizes

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m a little dirty that they took the skill point things out. They were one of the most useful items in the chests (inmyopinion) but maybe that was reason.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Black Lion Chest prizes

Vegeta.2563

You get so many skill points from champion coffers anyway, so I wasn’t worried about that.

I just think they need to add more rewarding items to the black lion chests.

Black Lion Chest prizes

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Given the key farm nerf, and the fact that the average ticket drop rate was 1 per ~35 chests, it would take roughly 370 gold worth of gem conversions (at the current rate), if buying keys in stacks of 25 when they’re not on sale, for every 1 ticket.

In U.S. dollars the equivalent would be spending just about $36.75 per ticket when buying gems.

Multiply that by 5 for any weapon skin that isn’t on introductory prices, and you get roughly 1,850 gold/$183.75 per weapon skin. The price would be even higher for fused skins which cost 7 tickets.

They claim the drop rate has been increased with the most recent patch. Let’s be VERY generous and say they doubled the rate, which is very unlikely, but that would still equate to 925 gold/$91.88 for every 5 ticket weapon skin.

That is insane. That’s more than the MSRP cost of the entire game at launch.

All Black Lion Weapons should cost 5 scraps per account bound version of each skin, and 2 full tickets maximum for a trade-able version.

I’ve based my drop rate numbers off the data posted by the guy that recently farmed 1,000 keys.

Keep in mind these are long-haul averages, and most players probably won’t ever buy 1,000 keys in their GW2 lifetimes. Based on an individual’s luck, the cost could be lower, and it could actually be higher.

*Edited for math, my original calculations assumed gem cards were $20, they are in fact $25.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Black Lion Chest prizes

Vegeta.2563

Sounds like a rip off ^^