Black Lion Chests??????

Black Lion Chests??????

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

So I have purchased a few BL keys, as well as being rewarded a few keys for map completion in the last 3 days. If you right click on the BL chest without a key, it indicates what you can possibly get when you open it. Under common tag, which is common to that whole row of items it shows Black Lion Material Bag and Black Lion Booster amongst other items. I have opened and bought maybe 10 chests in last 3 days, and the contents are: Black Lion Material Bag which contains T6 crafting gear (Not much), which you get EVERY TIME you open a chest. The BL Booster gives 4 benefits only, but seems you get one nearly every time. I don’t mind a booster but here’s the rub, it last 30 minutes only, and has less benefits than previous boosts although its been dressed to look nice and new. So where does that leave my chest? Exactly 1 slot to get one of the other items. So I only get a chance of 1 slot amongst 3 to get something decent. I appreciate the effort that goes into the game, but maybe split chests into dropped keys versus purchased keys, one is luck, the other effort, time and money.

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

The first item among the Common drops is the fixed drop – it what’s going to be in the first slot in the chest.

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Black Lion Chests are, and have always been, nothing more than a gamble. If you don’t like gambling don’t buy keys. Just use the ones you get from playing.

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just use the ones one you get from playing.

Fixed that for you
(BL keys seem to drop as rarely as precursors.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think posts were probably referring to the BL Keys one obtains from Key Runs and/or Map-Zone Completions, rather than loot drops.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

I opened 28 and only got four of the Black Lion boosters. I’ve noticed at least in my experience if you open a lot at once your chances are better. I do however dislike the loss of the first slot which used to not be a seasonal item or fixed drop.

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Abraxxus.8971

Abraxxus.8971

I think the drop rates for the uncommon items needs to be looked at. I’ve opened close to 40 chests over the weekend trying to get the Zephyr glider, and you know what I got?
Out of everything, I got one uncommon (Dwayna Messenger mini) and one rare (Advanced leather rack). The rest was just common junk and boosters I’ll never use. I would think that in 40 chests, the uncommons would have a bit of a higher drop rate than 1 in 40 (or more).

Black Lion Chests??????

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, the first slot (or whichever) has always been a fixed drop. Previously, it was Boosters, and before that Mystery Tonics.

Black Lion Chests??????

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

I got the mini, backpack, and the glider in those 28 chests. The RNG is always fickle, but it doesn’t hurt to increase magic find.

Black Lion Chests??????

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It doesn’t help to increase Magic Find, either, as it has no effect when opening Black Lion Chests.