Black Lion Keyfarming

Black Lion Keyfarming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

So one a week?

Seems a bit much. One a day seems a lot more appropriate.
I have TONS of Tomes of Knowledge, what do I do with them now?

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

You farm them thru 1 year. once per week.. I have 3 characters that I have to level up. But I can only do story on them once per week because of that.

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It really should be 1 per day, instead of a week, and this is coming from someone who never Key farmed :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Masha Mk.7014

Masha Mk.7014

well, they want us to buy more BL keys, but then they put account bound minis inside.

Not a fair play anet.

We get it u want us to pay more and we will, but give us something for it and not just stupid garbage that we can’t use – forge – gift ……

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well I think ANet has better stats about gemstore key sales vs key farms. But yeah 1 once a week seems intense. I guess the problem must be pretty bad then.

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I can’t belive that the problem is really big. Most Black Lion skin sell for between 100 (the newest) to 1 000 gold, with the average around 300-500 gold. These are expensive skins and limiting key farming can only decrease the offer/increase the price.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Black Lion Keyfarming

GrandHaven.1052

I refuse to spend irl money on another form of terrible rng. I love farming them though!

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I refuse to spend irl money on another form of terrible rng. I love farming them though!

Exactly, I want to know what I’m buying. I’m not gonna buy a million keys and end up with zero black lion claim tickets.

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Basically key farming is now dead. But at least the drop rate was most likely increased from 0.0000000000000001% to 0.0000000000000002%

So…yay?

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Though I understand, in part, what they are trying to do; I cannot agree with the time gate established with this patch.

They basically want to stop quick key farms. Okay I get that, and I even saw something like that with this whole level 10 requirement for the Personal Storyline start.

They should change it to one a day, like many have stated, because there are people who level up various characters. I personally have at least 4 who aren’t even up to Orr in the Storyline, yet they are level 80 and have at least made it to Fort Trinity.

Doing this doesn’t really encourage me to complete multiple characters’ stories so quickly. Then again that might also be ANet’s plan, but if so that’s a cold way to do it.

Back to the key farm issue, I don’t see HOW it is an issue or bad thing. Sure there are defenders to this change. I’ve read some posts in reddit about that. How this is a gem item and farmers are bypassing to get a gem item with little hassle.

Truth is they aren’t. They are either using the stuff given to them via ANet (boosters, so many boosters) or they are using Tomes or other leveling bonuses ANet provides them, or they use in game things like Moa Haunches and play through to level 10.

All these things aren’t bypassing anything. The farmers put time in to get that reward, no different than someone grinding to get a pretty object or gold to purchase said pretty on TP.

If there’s another reason why key farming is bad, I’d love to hear it.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Black Lion Keyfarming

GrandHaven.1052

Though I understand, in part, what they are trying to do; I cannot agree with the time gate established with this patch.

They basically want to stop quick key farms. Okay I get that, and I even saw something like that with this whole level 10 requirement for the Personal Storyline start.

They should change it to one a day, like many have stated, because there are people who level up various characters. I personally have at least 4 who aren’t even up to Orr in the Storyline, yet they are level 80 and have at least made it to Fort Trinity.

Doing this doesn’t really encourage me to complete multiple characters’ stories so quickly. Then again that might also be ANet’s plan, but if so that’s a cold way to do it.

Back to the key farm issue, I don’t see HOW it is an issue or bad thing. Sure there are defenders to this change. I’ve read some posts in reddit about that. How this is a gem item and farmers are bypassing to get a gem item with little hassle.

Truth is they aren’t. They are either using the stuff given to them via ANet (boosters, so many boosters) or they are using Tomes or other leveling bonuses ANet provides them, or they use in game things like Moa Haunches and play through to level 10.

All these things aren’t bypassing anything. The farmers put time in to get that reward, no different than someone grinding to get a pretty object or gold to purchase said pretty on TP.

If there’s another reason why key farming is bad, I’d love to hear it.

Exactly how I feel about it.

Time is being put it, its far from the most efficient farm and essentially suboptimal.

Its just more enjoyable for some.

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

So much for Anet saying they were ok with key farming a long time ago. Unfortunately that thread is in a now removed part of the forum, and I had no luck finding it in archives.

And so much for any claim that black lion weapons are reasonable because you can get them ingame. Unless the drop rate on keys has increased massively (I’ve had 3-4 in the 3 years I’ve actively played), the only viable way to get those weapons now is to shell out an average of around $60 for current weapons or over $300 for older/5-ticket ones. They need to be dropping at least as often as exotic gear to keep BL weapon acquisition from being completely absurd.

I really don’t see the increase in drop rates to be anywhere near making up for the nerf. Not that I expect it to be equal, but weapons that need 300 keys on average to obtain need some sort of viable method that doesn’t include spending $300 cash (or gold>gems) on a single weapon skin.

edit
I did the math on the exchange rate. It’s about 5600g (on average) to get a 5-ticket weapon. This is the amount Anet considers their skins to be worth based on gemstore key acquisition. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see what the new drop right is. But in any case, Anet’s concept of value for these weapons is severely out of proportion.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Best decision ever, now we can directly destroy our awesome first, second and third birthday gift on every char.
It’s so unbelievable great to be a long time customer, you can feel how much anet cares for us!

How about the next step? Maybe limit the exotic and rare items to one drop per month on each account? That would bring some billion more f2p player for sure!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Black Lion Keyfarming

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So much for Anet saying they were ok with key farming a long time ago. Unfortunately that thread is in a now removed part of the forum, and I had no luck finding it in archives.

And so much for any claim that black lion weapons are reasonable because you can get them ingame. Unless the drop rate on keys has increased massively (I’ve had 3-4 in the 3 years I’ve actively played), the only viable way to get those weapons now is to shell out an average of around $60 for current weapons or over $300 for older/5-ticket ones. They need to be dropping at least as often as exotic gear to keep BL weapon acquisition from being completely absurd.

I really don’t see the increase in drop rates to be anywhere near making up for the nerf. Not that I expect it to be equal, but weapons that need 300 keys on average to obtain need some sort of viable method that doesn’t include spending $300 cash (or gold>gems) on a single weapon skin.

edit
I did the math on the exchange rate. It’s about 5600g (on average) to get a 5-ticket weapon. This is the amount Anet considers their skins to be worth based on gemstore key acquisition. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see what the new drop right is. But in any case, Anet’s concept of value for these weapons is severely out of proportion.

Holy crap! 3-4?! I’m still at ONE!