Black Lion Keys

Black Lion Keys

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Simply aren’t worth it. You’d make a lot more money from them if you’d improve the drop rates on claim tickets and scraps.

Actually, this is really true of all the RNG gem store items. Drop rates for anything interesting are too low across the board. Do you not get that when you meet players half-way with something they’re way more inclined to spend more money? If you require them to spend $100 to get something they want, and then put lots of somethings they’d want behind a RNG wall, they’re way more likely to not drop a dime on any of it.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, considering they’ve had this system for what, 2 years or more now? if it’s not working for them you would think they would have noticed. My guess is there are a lot of people buying keys.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

Well, considering they’ve had this system for what, 2 years or more now? if it’s not working for them you would think they would have noticed. My guess is there are a lot of people buying keys.

Oh I’m sure certain people buy them ad nauseam and that they think it’s working well enough, but the point is that they could almost certainly sell way more than they do if they would just tweak the drop rates and/or do less RNG.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe they take into account all the ‘free’ keys in-game. I think the drop rate seems ok, but I never spend a dime on keys. I have lots of BLTC skins waiting to sell, though. /shrug

Good luck.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Oh I’m sure certain people buy them ad nauseam and that they think it’s working well enough, but the point is that they could almost certainly sell way more than they do if they would just tweak the drop rates and/or do less RNG.

And then i wonder what exactly you base that on, unlike you ANet actually have statistics on it, where all you got a empty claims and assumptions with no evidence to back it up, since it hasn’t changed for so long most likely it works a LOT better than you think it does

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

And then i wonder what exactly you base that on, unlike you ANet actually have statistics on it, where all you got a empty claims and assumptions with no evidence to back it up, since it hasn’t changed for so long most likely it works a LOT better than you think it does

Is it really necessary to be such an immature kitten? I’m speaking from this thing called common sense, and, actually, you’re probably wrong anyway. Numerous reddit posters have noted changes in frequency of drops over time – in particular it seems as if the drop rate was silently increased a few month back.

So, maybe it’s not as big a problem as it was last year.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

It used to be worse in the “good ol’ days.” I suppose there are people who do insist on spending their money on the keys – and if it means more money for ArenaNET to make the game better for me, hey, thanks to the people who do!

Black Lion Keys

Just a flesh wound.3589

Is it really necessary to be such an immature kitten? I’m speaking from this thing called common sense, and, actually, you’re probably wrong anyway. Numerous reddit posters have noted changes in frequency of drops over time – in particular it seems as if the drop rate was silently increased a few month back.

So, maybe it’s not as big a problem as it was last year.

There was an increase in the drop rate a couple of months back. It was noted in the game release notes at the time. So they have been slowly increasing the drop rate over time. It’s about 30% chance from what I can tell.

ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know. Maybe those Redditors missed the Patch Notes that announced an increase in the drop rate a few months back. Scraps seemed to be almost a guarantee with every key; sometimes 2 scraps per key.

Maybe, with your feedback, another increase will be forthcoming. =)

Good luck.

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

It used to be worse in the “good ol’ days.” I suppose there are people who do insist on spending their money on the keys – and if it means more money for ArenaNET to make the game better for me, hey, thanks to the people who do!

Well I’m totally fine with some RNG as long as it’s reasonable, but from an experience I had a year or so ago it absolutely was not fine and I swore I would never spend a dime on RNG items ever again. Seems it’s maybe not as bad as it used to be.

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

I don’t know. Maybe those Redditors missed the Patch Notes that announced an increase in the drop rate a few months back. Scraps seemed to be almost a guarantee with every key; sometimes 2 scraps per key.

Good luck.

I must have missed this too, then.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

From what I’ve seen in other games, the people that will go all-out with buying these types of things will outweigh the gain they’d get for selling them cheaper or improving the drop rate.

One game I played had players screaming on the forums about how bad the RNG boxes sold in the cash-shop were and suggesting something similar. To paraphrase one guy there though:
“Why do you force us to buy these RNG things with bad odds! I just spend $300 on them and got no outfit! Nothing! Why not just sell outfit for $10 or something! More people would buy and you make way more money!!! I’m giving one last chance. I just buy $100 more boxes, but if I don’t get it now, I’m done!”*

*Bad grammar an intentional representation of the posts in that thread.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Black Lion Keys

Inculpatus cedo.9234

From what I’ve seen in other games, the people that will go all-out with buying these types of things will outweigh the gain they’d get for selling them cheaper or improving the drop rate.

One game I played had players screaming on the forums about how bad the RNG boxes sold in the cash-shop were and suggesting something similar. To paraphrase one guy there though:
“Why do you force us to buy these RNG things with bad odds! I just spend $300 on them and got no outfit! Nothing! Why not just sell outfit for $10 or something! More people would buy and you make way more money!!! I’m giving one last chance. I just buy $100 more boxes, but if I don’t get it now, I’m done!”*

*Bad grammar an intentional representation of the posts in that thread.

Lol. Too funny!

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Good luck.

Here you go, the game note stating increase in drop rate of ticket scraps March 31, 2015:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-31-2015/first#post4958757

The Burninator

Black Lion Keys

Just a flesh wound.3589

As a real Guild Wars 2 quote but talking here about the RNG mini pets:

Costed me around $300 USD to get them all from the lovely RNG we have going for us.

Is this really how ANet does things?.. I would have much rather bought the Mini’s in a pack from the gemstore instead.

Why should ANet make the items reasonably priced and not RNG when people show they are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on RNG? Answer, they won’t.

ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

Good luck.

Here you go, the game note stating increase in drop rate of ticket scraps March 31, 2015:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-31-2015/first#post4958757

Oh okay, nice.

Black Lion Keys

Einlanzer.1627

Costed me around $300 USD to get them all from the lovely RNG we have going for us.

Is this really how ANet does things?.. I would have much rather bought the Mini’s in a pack from the gemstore instead.

Why should ANet make the items reasonably priced and not RNG when people show they are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on RNG? Answer, they won’t.

I still think that the number of people that do this is not that high, and that they’d be better served by making gem store RNG purchases rewarding enough that a.) more people bought things more frequently, and b.) it didn’t constantly kitten off players trying to get something useful out of them. Maybe it’s just me, though.

Black Lion Keys

Just a flesh wound.3589

I still think that the number of people that do this is not that high, and that they’d be better served by making gem store RNG purchases rewarding enough that a.) more people bought things more frequently, and b.) it didn’t constantly kitten off players trying to get something useful out of them. Maybe it’s just me, though.

I would prefer direct purchase also. However when a company persistently does something one way over a period of years then that’s a good indication that although people may get on the forum and complain about it, there are more people who are buying with that method.

For example, the very first gemstore weapon set the game had was direct buy, the Wintersday weapons. The next set was by the RNG black lion chests. Granted, the Wintersday weapons were not as cool as the second set, however the fact that ANet never again sold weapon sets by direct buy indicates that sells were not up to what they projected and that the RNG sold better.

ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If all you want out of them is s weapon ticket, you are better off using your gems and convert them to gold to buy the skins from the trading post.

Do you really expect that they change the droprates in the chests, so you could make gold buying keys and selling your loot?
If that was the case, prices for those goods would fall on the tp to a level that wouldnt make it profitable anymore.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: ICEAciD.8065

ICEAciD.8065

26 opened today from buying gems and then buying the keys and had fun opening them, but only enough blue tickets to make up 1 gold ticket. Would like to see more please so I can be excited to spend more money on them.

Black Lion Keys

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

used up 10 keys got 3 scraps so above poster seem right 30% drop rate