Black Lion Keys?

Black Lion Keys?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

How in the world do they sell enough for Anet to not drop the price or revise the rewards for chests? They feel like a complete waste of money.

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You should read the threads where people open up hundreds of black lion chests at one time. They don’t get that many keys from doing a key run a week.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

They don’t feel like a waste of money to me… but I don’t open them up to make money like some people try to do.

This Black Lion Chest Skinner Box doth please me.

~EW

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How in the world do they sell enough for Anet to not drop the price or revise the rewards for chests? They feel like a complete waste of money.

People like the thrill of rolling the dice to see what might pop out.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Don’t you think you could make the argument that ill will is harbored with a greater number of players than enjoy the thrill of the badly rigged gamble?

Black Lion Keys?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t you think you could make the argument that ill will is harbored with a greater number of players than enjoy the thrill of the badly rigged gamble?

ANet is crying all the way to the bank.

ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve never paid for one, but I do obtain them somewhat regularly, Gem Store and otherwise.

I like opening chests. =)

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No.

• Whenever BL keys go on sale, the gold:gem ratio spikes sharply, indicating that there are tons of people who enjoy the gamble, even though the discount isn’t anything close to enough to make it a profitable endeavor.
  • There are always people who complain. The old joke is: the US economy is distressed when lots of people are out of work, but it’s recession when I’m out of work.
  • The gamble isn’t “badly rigged” — at least, not any more than state lotteries are. And, to be fair to your point, there are reasonable people who consider those to be a tax on the poor.

Put another way: there are always people disappointed by what they perceive to be bad luck. There are always people who misunderstood the offer. That (alone) doesn’t mean that the powers that be ought to make changes in the system.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

People spend millions on lottery tickets twice a week where doubling the ticket price is one in 38 and a chance to win anything is one in 25.

Now ticket scraps drop frequently enough that getting enough for a ticket, cumulatively is also one in 25. Plus not everyone considers make over kits, minis, mail delivery and dye packs worthless. $10 of gems will get you 5 keys and, as of writing this, 50 gold.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I haven’t touched BLC Keys in a long time due to the stagnant, boring items within; mini Egg things and useless Boosters. I’m okay with Celebration Boosters but boy RNG loves handing out the Armor ones instead… GG.

If ANet spices them up a bit with actual decent stuff then I will most likely buy and open ~250 keys.

It’s something fun to do. I like to gamble. Least in the past out of the hundreds/thousands of keys opened I’ve had 2 hair stylist contracts + perm TP/merch(s) dropped and those gathering Node things which made up for the money spent, usually.

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I think they should let us key farm again,(more than once a week)I’m really running out of things I like to do on this game so much to the point I just log on do the daily then leave. Key farming was 1 of those things I really enjoyed.

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I think they should let us key farm again,(more than once a week)I’m really running out of things I like to do on this game so much to the point I just log on do the daily then leave. Key farming was 1 of those things I really enjoyed.

You can’t enjoy key farming. You must mean you like opening boxes. Otherwise you’d be farming something else like silverwastes and turning gold into gems to buy keys. Same diff if you really liked farming.

And I’m sure you can see why it was stopped, it’s a major revenue stream.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Black Lion Keys?

Ellie.5913

You can’t enjoy key farming. You must mean you like opening boxes. Otherwise you’d be farming something else like silverwastes and turning gold into gems to buy keys. Same diff if you really liked farming.

And I’m sure you can see why it was stopped, it’s a major revenue stream.

Well believe it or not I actually did enjoy key farming( and having a use for my thousands of tomes of knowledge) and never will try to enjoy any other type of farming because I find it all painfully boring. There was a certain excitement from making a new character and dressing it up in a different outfit and different look from the last character I made. And I don’t think key farming messed with their revenue it took ages to accumulate a lot of keys, I only farmed like 3 a day. Also I’m sure the people who buy keys never did a lot of key farming. I’m a key farming addict, that’s all I did in gw1 too after I did everything else I just spent the rest of my years on their farming zaishan keys, while enjoying the super fun pvp they had to offer….too bad its dead these days.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

There was a certain excitement from making a new character and dressing it up in a different outfit and different look from the last character I made.

That isn’t key farming. That’s something else completely.
Key farming was selecting specific choices at startup, using chef to get to 10, doing the first mission, deleting and repeating. Half an hour at most. People farmed thousands and thousands of keys.

You can still do what you want once a week.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Black Lion Keys?

Posted by: Korunos.4758

Korunos.4758

There was a certain excitement from making a new character and dressing it up in a different outfit and different look from the last character I made.

Key farming was selecting specific choices at startup, using chef to get to 10, doing the first mission, deleting and repeating. Half an hour at most. People farmed thousands and thousands of keys.

What exactly is chef?

Is this the way you can farm the keys?

Black Lion Keys?

Just a flesh wound.3589

What exactly is chef?

Is this the way you can farm the keys?

He meant cooking when he said chef. You can get to level 10 pretty fast by crafting to get levels and people used cooking because it is or was cheap.

Key farming is getting to level 10 as fast as possible then doing the level 10 story line, getting the key then deleting the char.

ANet may give it to you.

Black Lion Keys?

Ellie.5913

wth what I said in my post IS key farming…make a new character, dress it up nice use some tomes do a few missions get a key delete and redo, at least it’s how I farmed em, not sure how everyone else farmed theirs. And I never did any cheffing why would I when I have thousands of tomes of knowledge lying around.

(edited by Ellie.5913)