Black Lion Keys vs Dwarven Keys!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I had to post this, just had to… While my beautiful characterful Asura Elementalist was exploring Dredgehaunt Cliffs, she at the moment as accrued 7 Dwarven Keys. Yet, throughout several map completed characters and daily PvE play, across all my characters I have received ONE black lion key drop from an inquest mob in Metrica Province since the patch update on chests and keys “drop rate increase”.

Since there are, what (?) only 2 dwarven doors in total I can even open in DC, and I have dozens of chests in my bank, it’d be so welcome if Anet realized perhaps they upped the drop rate of the wrong type of key :P…

In all seriousness though, the rate of key drops and also map completion keys is so dire, and when you finally get one, the items in the chests are so dull, I am bemused by the entire thing. It would be nice if something you did have a certainty of giving a key other than the one level 10 personal story per week you can do.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Chests used to be much better. Nowadays I wouldn’t worry about them at all. They’ve gotten so cluttered with useless kitten that for all your excitement you’ll probably get a merchant, a repair canister, and 1/10th of a black lion skin

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

They need to reduce the cost of BLC keys in the gem store. ’Nuff said.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

The game would feel a bit more exciting if you could get Key drops more than once or twice a year, especially since you’re probably going to get garbage anyway.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Huzzah, you’ve felt the impact of their “increased drop rate”.

Now instead of ‘once in a lifetime’ you get one ‘once in a blue moon’.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Coming soon to the gem store: Black Lion Key booster. You can boost your chance to get a Black Lion Key by 10% for a duration of 2 hours. Comes bundled with a glider skin, identity change kit, harvesting tool, weapon skin, and 20 unid dyes. Now on sale for just 3000 gems.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Coming soon to the gem store: Black Lion Key booster. You can boost your chance to get a Black Lion Key by 10% for a duration of 2 hours. Comes bundled with a glider skin, identity change kit, harvesting tool, weapon skin, and 20 unid dyes. Now on sale for just 3000 gems.

BEST reply ever. LMAO.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

BEST reply ever. LMAO.

Glad you liked it.