Black lion trading company prices

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark Mane.5847

Dark Mane.5847

It’s very clear that prices are going crazy down , And i think the reason is " Activity " , Too many players quit and wait for more real content , Others got everything they need and supply only .

Suggestion : Creating new armor / weapon / items / cool stuff recipes that require too many materials to make , This will raise activity a bit .

like adding new items that require more globs of ectoplasm ( globs are very cheap by now ) .

Open up some new vendors for extremely rare items that require loads of materials to make / buy .

armor / weapons looks should be available to buy through rare materials , not only tickets .

While i’m not very convinced with those suggestions , The real fix is to push 10 / 5 more levels with new armor and materials to fresh the economy , every single online game does that , it helps the game survive more and more

I think now is the time , Time to bring back players .

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Okay. BLTC is the gem shop and exchange. TP is the player run trading area.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

It could be the opposite. Price going down could be a result of too many “activity”

for example, many people are farming Silverwastes and getting too many rares. Hence more Ectos.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

really?

your whole post is to push a level increase and a gear threadmill??? really???

If I wanted a gear threadmill, I would play one of the many numerous games that has it >.>
_
btw,I love the cheaper prices! I took a break from this game and every thing was getting crazy high..now they’re a bit more manageable to afford.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Sorry, I couldn’t laugh enough at that suggestion

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think OP needs to play in the Silverwastes a bit and then after seeing what he gets, rethink the possible reasons why prices are dropping.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Do i understand it right the the OP wants to fight inflation with something that in
other MMOs always is the biggest source of inflation ?

Don’t even know if i should laugh or cry.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Do i understand it right the the OP wants to fight inflation with something that in

What inflation?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

Actually, OP wants to fight deflation.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s very clear that prices are going crazy down , And i think the reason is " Activity " , Too many players quit and wait for more real content , Others got everything they need and supply only .

Or it could be the ungodly amount of loot that Silverwastes events provide has overwhelmed supply and decreased demand.

Oh snap.

Astral and NDTK beat me to it. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Beldin.5498

Actually, OP wants to fight deflation.

Or that .. or whatever else .. hard to really get what he wants beside that he thinks
that a level increase would fix everything .. what of course is total nonsense.

Just relog in an old game that you played for years and where you had quite a lot
of money .. make 2-3 years pause .. relog and see that your money isn’t worth
anything anymore .. and you could also restart from scratch.

Reason : New levelcap mostly letts you earn 10 times more money than the old content and all prices skyrocket the same .. now if you missed 2 expansions its
maybe 10 * 10 = 100 times more

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Dark Mane.5847

Dark Mane.5847

Beldin , You are making fun of yourself with those replys .

You’ve missed the point, GW2 economy is dying day after day , everything is old & outdated , It needs a push up , it’s the right time to do so.

What’s wrong with you people ? stop trolling the forums , At least write something useful not your nonsense worthless words .

some people will disagree with OP no matter what he writes , Will also put a lot of time to prove him wrong , Does it really feel good ?

I’m trying to get the developers attention towards the trade post , prices are getting down every day , no activity no one buys , everyone bought what he wants long time ago , It’s in bad shape and soon without a solution , the economy will be dead .

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You’ve missed the point, GW2 economy is dying day after day , everything is old & outdated , It needs a push up , it’s the right time to do so.

What’s wrong with you people ? stop trolling the forums , At least write something useful not your nonsense worthless words .

some people will disagree with OP no matter what he writes, Will also put a lot of time to prove him wrong, Does it really feel good ?

I’m trying to get the developers attention towards the trade post , prices are getting down every day , no activity no one buys , everyone bought what he wants long time ago , It’s in bad shape and soon without a solution , the economy will be dead .

Wait. I thought you were the OP. Are you referring to yourself in third person or did the OP delete his post and you are the first responder?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

some people will disagree with OP no matter what he writes, Will also put a lot of time to prove him wrong, Does it really feel good ?

Wait. I thought you were the OP. Are you referring to yourself in third person or did the OP delete his post and you are the first responder?

OP posts in their own thread replying to themselves…

we must go deeper

On a different note, I’d really like to see where you, Dark Mane, get the information that the economy is dying.

Posted by: Craray.2603

Craray.2603

some people will disagree with OP no matter what he writes , Will also put a lot of time to prove him wrong , Does it really feel good ?

I can see many reasons the price of certain things is going down except yours:
- Silverwastes have increased the flow of certain materials and gear
- Soon new legendaries and easier to get precursors will be introduced, keeping people from making legendaries and buying the needed materials
- It also means that there are so many people farming that rich TPflippers are unable to “fix” the price on certain items. (if there were less people farming, prices would be high as TPflippers would buy up everything and sell at crazy prices to make profit)

+ My friendlist has never been as active as now with this season and the incoming expansion…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Personally speaking, I’m loving the falling prices. I have my eye on a few goodies that I’m waiting to snap up once they get low enough.

But otherwise, yes, others have basically pointed out why prices are falling on many things.

Firstly, Silverwastes is a crazy lucrative farming pit. It pumps out dozens and dozens of greens, blues and even Rares. (And all that Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shards also get turned into more random loot via Mawdrey and the Star.) This has all contributed to the falling price of T5 mats like Silk, along with rarer commodities like Ectos. In turn, the falling prices means people are more willing to throw Rares into the Forge, which has also resulted in more Exotics (including Precursors).

With the announcement that new Legendaries are coming, along with the long-awaited Precursor scavenger hunt, speculators are panicking and dumping their Precursors in case the new Legendaries turn out to be way more awesome and nobody is interested in the “last year” Legendaries anymore. (Which, btw, is HIGHLY likely. Players have always, ALWAYS flocked to whatever is the newest shiny in a game. It remains popular until a new shiny comes out, at which time the cycle starts over.)

Now that it seems the LS is back on hiatus again, people are also trickling back out of Silverwastes and into other parts of the game, meaning that supply on various other rare things will go up again. They previously took a hit during Wintersday and the LS since player traffic flooded into those areas, but now the game population is spreading out again.

Finally, people usually start hoarding gold in anticipation of getting ready to buy the new stuff whenever a new release/expansion is out. This can also mean that people are dumping lots of stock, and also to clear inventory space.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Wanze.8410

Personally speaking, I’m loving the falling prices. I have my eye on a few goodies that I’m waiting to snap up once they get low enough.

But otherwise, yes, others have basically pointed out why prices are falling on many things.

Firstly, Silverwastes is a crazy lucrative farming pit. It pumps out dozens and dozens of greens, blues and even Rares. (And all that Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shards also get turned into more random loot via Mawdrey and the Star.) This has all contributed to the falling price of T5 mats like Silk, along with rarer commodities like Ectos. In turn, the falling prices means people are more willing to throw Rares into the Forge, which has also resulted in more Exotics (including Precursors).

With the announcement that new Legendaries are coming, along with the long-awaited Precursor scavenger hunt, speculators are panicking and dumping their Precursors in case the new Legendaries turn out to be way more awesome and nobody is interested in the “last year” Legendaries anymore. (Which, btw, is HIGHLY likely. Players have always, ALWAYS flocked to whatever is the newest shiny in a game. It remains popular until a new shiny comes out, at which time the cycle starts over.)

Now that it seems the LS is back on hiatus again, people are also trickling back out of Silverwastes and into other parts of the game, meaning that supply on various other rare things will go up again. They previously took a hit during Wintersday and the LS since player traffic flooded into those areas, but now the game population is spreading out again.

Finally, people usually start hoarding gold in anticipation of getting ready to buy the new stuff whenever a new release/expansion is out. This can also mean that people are dumping lots of stock, and also to clear inventory space.

While for the most part i agree with your post, i dont think that much “speculators” are panic selling their precursors right now. People who are selling their pres now are more likely to be regular players that held on to a pre to watch the market and now panic.
Of course, you could say that those players are also speculators (because they were speculating of the price going up) but I dont think thats what you meant.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, I would classify those players as “speculators”, yeah. But as you mentioned, they’re more likely to be regular players that got a Precursor and, instead of selling or using it, just held onto it waiting for a “good time to sell” (as opposed to players who deliberately bought a Precursor as an investment). It’s just an issue of definition, I suppose.

Also, you disagree with most of my post? Or was that meant to be “agree”? (Because it seems to conflict with the second half of your first sentence.)

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

For all the amount of gold they’ve been taxing us so far you would think that Lion’s Arch could once again attain its former glory…

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I think now is the time for mounts. Flying mounts with speeds you can only upgrade via generous RL cash investments via the gem store in order to get/stay relevant in the new Aerial Combat PVP mode!

ITT: horrible, deranged ideas

I didn’t want to feel left out.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

For all the amount of gold they’ve been taxing us so far you would think that Lion’s Arch could once again attain its former glory…

You think Evon is going to spend a dime on the city after you chose Ellen Kiel into the council before him?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

It could be the opposite. Price going down could be a result of too many “activity”

for example, many people are farming Silverwastes and getting too many rares. Hence more Ectos.

Supply and demand. But I’m with you that over supplying is just as possible as lowering demand.

I think OP needs to play in the Silverwastes a bit and then after seeing what he gets, rethink the possible reasons why prices are dropping.

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy.

Eh…no. Maybe you rich trading post players think so, but is average joes would love a massive decrease in prices across the board.

No Evon’s running the BLTP and although it’s head quartered in LA it isn’t owned by the government of LA. So all profits go to Evon. Evon is not required to give funds to the government beyond any possible taxation, and is definitely not required to help rebuild. Frankly the destruction of LA has helped to remove many of his competitors, and by all accounts the BLTP is running fine, irrespective of the condition of LA.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

lol… @thread opener: Here is your <")))><

We really have luck that anet wont create a stupid gear and level treadmill with the new addon!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Beldin.5498

Its not dying .. a lot of prices are more or less stable since when we got the champion bags and ascended weapons. That was the point where a lot prices changes because
suddenly i could earn 8-12g per hour instead of 2g.

After that some priced go up, some down .. mostly related to new content where
people were farming more or less of specific stuff.

If you look at ectos .. they have the same price that they had 2 years ago actually.
I remember that when i farmed for my Vision of the Mysts at that time ectos were
around 37s.

In the end the maeket here is much more stable than in any other MMO where
expansion give a new level cap and new phat loot.

So no .. its surely not me who is trolling here and who writes useless stuff.

Wanze.8410

Well, I would classify those players as “speculators”, yeah. But as you mentioned, they’re more likely to be regular players that got a Precursor and, instead of selling or using it, just held onto it waiting for a “good time to sell” (as opposed to players who deliberately bought a Precursor as an investment). It’s just an issue of definition, I suppose.

Also, you disagree with most of my post? Or was that meant to be “agree”? (Because it seems to conflict with the second half of your first sentence.)

Yeah, i meant agree, edited my OP-

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Err… It is pretty clear that the reason some prices are dropping is because of oversupply from SW.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19721-glob-of-ectoplasm

Supply of ectos has gone from 17k in november to 86k today. You can get 20 ectos an hour in SW, they just aren’t hard to get anymore. T6 and T5 also drop so frequently there that you are practically drowning in them. I get 3 stacks of mithril there, which combines to lead to cheap rare prices, which leads to cheap forging, which leads to cheap exotics and cheaper precursors.

Basically SW is a farm fest to lower prices to the point that when the expansion launches and demand for mats goes up 100000000x the economy doesn’t explode too badly.