BlackGate server full

BlackGate server full

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

I know with guesting and all that you can play with friends on different server. However you can’t wvw. Now there is potential for some friends of mine to finally start playing this game that I’ve been trying to sell them on since launch. I suppose if enough do actually start to play and keep playing I’ll move servers myself seeing that I am on Blackgate which is full. However I’m unclear of the cost to move a single character. Also I’m wondering if anyone has a guess if blackgate will remain full for a long period of time or if maybe it could change and open up at some point? Then I wouldn’t have to sweat moving. I know there’s no crystal ball that will say for sure. Just looking for some good speculation here

Thanks in advance.

(edited by Shorty.9873)

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You move your entire account for 1800 gems.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I know with guesting and all that you can play with friends on different server. However you can’t wvw. Now there is potential for some friends of mine to finally start playing this game that I’ve been trying to sell them on since launch. I suppose if enough do actually start to play and keep playing I’ll move servers myself seeing that I am on Blackgate which is full. However I’m unclear of the cost to move a single character. Also I’m wondering if anyone has a guess if blackgate will remain full for a long period of time or if maybe it could change and open up at some point? Then I wouldn’t have to sweat moving. I know there’s no crystal ball that will say for sure. Just looking for some good speculation here

Thanks in advance.

If Blackgate falls out of tier 1 in WvW then I am sure there will be lots of transfers off, but until then expect it to be full.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

OK that’s kinda what I thought. I’ll hang tight then and hope eventually we slip back down. Not that I don’t want my server to be great in wvw!!! :o

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Speculation based on historical fact.

We’ve seen the servers fill to Full status over and over again since launch. First 1, then 2, then more servers reach Full and the other servers start backfilling. Once they reach a certain point (somewhere ~50% servers @ Full) they raise the caps so more people can join.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

they were full a couple weeks ago when SoR kicked their butt. Then suddenly Anet removed the ‘full tag’, and they got a hell of a lot more people. I wondered when it would be full again. My guess is, 1-2 weeks they will remove the full cap again.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d check around the forums but I believe it’s based by the number of people on. There was a thread a while back that explained it.

You can also move for free if you delete all of your characters. Up to you or your friends if that’s worth it.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: ume.7409

ume.7409

Just a question, when you delete all your characters to move servers, do you still keep things like increased bank space bought with gems? And money if put in the bank before you delete and move?

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Just a question, when you delete all your characters to move servers, do you still keep things like increased bank space bought with gems? And money if put in the bank before you delete and move?

The bank stays if you delete all your characters to move servers, yes. At least with the stuff in it, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen an anet post telling someone they could stash all their stuff, delete their characters, and move. I would imagine that your bank upgrades stay also, then.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Do a favor to yourself, your friends and the entire community by transferring to a less populated world.

waiting around to cram more players into an already bloated server the second a small gap opens is crappy for everyone.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

BlackGate server full

Posted by: ReelRemedy.5934

ReelRemedy.5934

I’ve already talked with the support team and still I don’t really have any help in the aspect of getting on the server itself. I purchased the game for my brother, and I understand that he can guest from another server, I’d prefer him to be on the same server as me. Unfortunately eve after staying up for 56 hours not once did it ever come down from “Full.” And I’d rather not have to pay more just to move him. Wish there was a way to get more help.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no way to move someone onto a ‘Full’ server. You can, on the other hand, transfer to a server that is not Full. Either with a cost in Gems to move your characters, or at no cost to move just your account.

There is a possibility, with the new Tournament on the horizon, that ArenaNet will raise the population cap, once again. Probably a small possibility, but one, nevertheless.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

You don’t even need to guest anymore. Just hang out on the all-inclusive megaserver!

You just won’t be able to wvw together.

BlackGate server full

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Do a favor to yourself, your friends and the entire community by transferring to a less populated world.

waiting around to cram more players into an already bloated server the second a small gap opens is crappy for everyone.

All servers in the NA region are either Very High or Full. There is no moving onto a lower populated server, just a lower rank server for WvW.

This also means we only have a single transfer cost: 1800 gems.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/