Blade Shards

Blade Shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I have several stacks of these. I have already made the tempered spinal blades and don’t wish to make any more.

Is there any use for these short of making another tempered spinal blade?

As far as I can tell, they have no other use.

Blade Shards

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

they do not. i deleted mine after crafting all spinal backpack skins.

Blade Shards

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I remember a long… long…. long… time ago when Anet said they were going to create a vendor to spend them. unfortunately, that never happened, and it’s probably long forgotten about, but it still might be on the table… under all the other things still on there

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Blade Shards

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You can get some good stat combos off the Spinal Blades back items. Easier than many other exotic or ascended level backpieces. Most of the basic stat combos are on there, like Berserker, as well as Celestial. So if you aren’t pressed for room to the point where you need that room right now, you could always keep them around in case you need more back items for future characters.

Blade Shards

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Personally I love unlocking skins, even if I will never use them. So if I were in your position I would keep crafting another two spinal blades so that I can have enough to get all 3 colored versions. Other than that theres no current use for blade shards so if you don’t want to do that just toss them

Blade Shards

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There With Yakkington/Quiver of 1000 Arrows each have core-tyria choosable stats and run about 120 gold in mats.

The spinal blades pack runs 102g (metal) to 170g (leather), not counting the cost of the Gift of Blades recipes. Add another 75g if you want to convert sprockets to shards.

tl;dr ascended spinal back (metal) is among the cheaper ascended options.

However, it’s the only use of the blade shards.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Blade Shards

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I remember a long… long…. long… time ago when Anet said they were going to create a vendor to spend them. unfortunately, that never happened,

It did happen. There was a vendor up for a couple weeks that let you trade blade shards for bags of gear. It wasn’t worth much, but there were many many more blade shards in game at that point.

Blade Shards

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I have several stacks of these. I have already made the tempered spinal blades and don’t wish to make any more.

Is there any use for these short of making another tempered spinal blade?

As far as I can tell, they have no other use.

You can craft up to the ascended one, then salvage it and try to get the “salvaged something” that comes from backpieces. Last I looked, it was 800+ gold on the tP.