Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

B&S wont take me from GW2. BDO might.

CP2077 certainly will.

Blade n Soul a threat to GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Certainly in the small scale, less brainless spam, fun to watch, esporty pvp side of things, I would actually hope so.

PvE wise? Probably not. BnS is more standardized, GW2 is much more relaxed (though, it was more so before Hot, so we’ll see). It is however now the game that truly doesn’t have a trinity, so it might take a few notches from there.

For everything else… There’s MasterCard.

My 2 cents.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Yes & No

No from the hardcore GW2 players who can see no wrong in the game at all, and love all things about it,

Yes from the players who have waited 3 years for things to be sorted out, looking at WvW here, many aspects of PvE needs addressed also, eSports what, bunker PvP you get the idea.

I will pick up BnS here this week probably and give it a try, I wont completely leave GW2 for now as I really want to see Anet pull it back and get it sorted, they have a great game but someone at some point is making the wrong decisions,

Many gamers have been waiting for BnS for many years to come to EU/NA, over the next month I think it may pull more and more ppl towards it, whether or not them people leave GW2 for good, is another question.

Im sure many eyes at Anet will be watching numbers carefully.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

No more korean/japanese garbage. No thanks.

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

If you like small scale pvp and arenas, being able to flag up to pvp in open world , you will love blade and soul. The combat system is very rewarding and challenging. You need to learn combos ,and skill matters if you wish to compete. With so many frustrated with pvp and wvw in gw2 and eso, it is not at all surprising they have a couple full servers, and on some even wait times to load in. If you like pretty graphics and pve over combat and game play, blade and soul will not be for you.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Aside from the mostly similar approach to free to play with cosmetics costing money, the 2 games are very different.

Blade and Soul is way more out there with oversexing characters. While that might appeal to a part of the male audience, it could also anoy others. I’m out of that age where I need virtual boobs shoved in my face every step I take, other more mature gamers might see that in a simlar way.

BnS has the more classic approach going for it though. People who are having a hard time without trinity might stay longer or prefer BnS over GW2. Rest will depend on future content. Short term I’m sure quite a few people will give the game a try. If they stay will depend on how the game feels after that new car novelty has worn off.

CP2077 certainly will.

CP2077 is no MMO, so hard to compare. I do have high hopes in CD Project Red though, their the Blizzard of this time before the company sells out to Activision (personal opinion).

eureeka.5368

I have seen some servers with wait times up to 2 hours to get in, and this is pre purchase founder pack only, the game has not even gone free to play yet. The hype is real for blade and soul, i think only hardcore pvp players will stay with it. If Gw2 fixes some of their game to reasonable standards, when the hype wears off people will return. If not there is a line of games people want to try this year.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

CP2077 certainly will.

CP2077 is no MMO, so hard to compare. I do have high hopes in CD Project Red though, their the Blizzard of this time before the company sells out to Activision (personal opinion).[/quote]

I believe they said there would be some MMO elements, though probably mainly some sort of PVP. Shame really, I’d adore a CP MMO.

In any case this thread will be deleted very soon as it talks about other games.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Not me. Then I know nothing about B and S, so there’s that also.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

lol i think people got too used to gw2’s gear mechanics that they take it for granted my opinion: no normal mmo, as shiny and new as it’ll be, can be a threat to gw2 in the LONG term. Why? Gear. It’s as simple as that. You farmed to get your shiny endgame gear? No worries! Wait 1/2 months and we’ll release a new set that will rend the old one useless, so you could farm all over again! Fun, right??? one time it’s okay. 2 well, one can live with it. But after a couple of times it’ll just start feeling pathetic. This is why i left TERA, when i realized i have to chase newer and harder to get gear in order to be viable. This is why such games cannot be a long-term threat to gw2.

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

eureeka.5368

Rem you can grind to endgame content in blade and soul in 2 days.People just want to pvp in end game. That’s the draw of that game, the graphics are meh, there is anime (if that’s your thing) The pve has some merit to the mobs blocking and cc you, so is not a cake walk. But people play it for the PVP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

gw2 threats itself so………dont need any competitor >:|

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

There are many games releasing this year, Blade & Soul is pretty much considered a old game, same generation as Guild Wars 2, is just that it wasn’t released in english during 2012.

There are games like Black Desert Online, Crowfall, Lineage Eternal (Not sure if this year), Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen (Next Year I think), Division.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The mechanics and playstyles are too different. It’d be like saying Street Fighter 5 is a threat to Call of Duty.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Not a threat, just another game. Some people who play this game will try it, some will like it some won’t. Flux of every game in existence. Looks completely different, have not tried it yet so no clue but from a first glance it seems a fairly standard Asian type MMO.

EDIT: a quick glance at the forums and it looks exactly like this or any other forums for a game.

Posted by: pariah.5093

pariah.5093

I hope its a big threat to guild wars 2 and that it steals a lot of the players from here. I know starting on tuesday, that will be my main game. It it hurts this game, then it serves arena net right for their negligance, lack of communication and total disregard to their loyal players.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I don’t really enjoy eastern MMOs, it’s a whle different mentality and usually not one I enjoy in games. they tend to be too grindy, and a bit too fanservice-y.
Also many times they have costumes and stuff that don’t fit the game setting at all, like car polices, school uniforms, and many many other types of fanservice versions of regular costumes.
Maybe B&S won’t be like that, but from what I’ve seen so far it really looks like it’s going to go that way.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m playing it, but its kind of just the polar opposite of GW2. There PVP is amazing and PVE is flyby. Here it’s the inverse, with PVP being interesting but (as of yet) not sufficiently balanced. They’re both missing a little bit of what the other has, so I don’t see it being a dominating game.

Still good though. If I get cheesed here and ever get to the point where the salt just makes me have to log off, I have other options.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Haven’t gotten around to doing more research on it yet but so far what I’ve seen/read indicates PvP is great while PvE is meh but only real way to know that is personal experience (or I could ask a friend who said he was going to be playing it for a bit).

Doesn’t look like I’ll run into the trenchcoats problem there either …

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

ncsoft better should have released cantha instead.

let me entertain you

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

… but Factions was the worst part of GW1

I don’t feel like the need for more run through sewers and shantytowns in GW2.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

in terms of competitive audience switching over to bns pvp sure can see a big loss but other than that blade & soul has a diferent feel in gameplay compared to gw2 so not really a threat

Posted by: morrowson.9245

morrowson.9245

I hate blade and souls graphics.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I spent a bit of time yesterday looking at some videos of class and race creation. I think I had it mixed up in my head with BDO so I was rather shocked by the character appearances at first. Then I realized it was a different game but saw just how “sexed up” it is, to quote an above poster, and felt a heck of a lot of nope coming on. Such loving attention to jiggle physics … oy vey.

It is vaguely possible I will try it if I can do so for free. Still, if the focus there is PvP, it will be no threat at all to my play of GW2. Simply not what I care to do with my entertainment time for more than tiny tastes now and then. Plus there’d need to be a lot of support for RP, and people to RP with, to hold me longer than it takes to learn the game play.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Blade and Soul looks ugly and I hate the heavy-handed Asian aesthetics. I probably won’t be going anywhere.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

The best thing with GW2 and some MMO’s nowdays is that you can take a break and then play it again when you have gotten bored with the latest hype. I expect a drop in players in GW2 when B&S is released, but few weeks later the ammount of players in the game will reach it’s “status quo”.

Me on the other hand will hold GW2 dear and will still be playing it the most. By the way, did you know that I play more than one game?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Blade in Soul actually motivated me to finally uninstall GW2. The only reason I haven’t bothered to actually uninstall it yet is because I’ve been too busy playing Blade and Soul.

Though I doubt it will pull many others away as they are very different games with very different art (and that matters to some people.)

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Your thoughts…..?

B&S is garbage. Had high hopes but it’s just awful imo.

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Not for me, I instantly got Silkroad online vibes so no ty.. XD

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The biggest threat B&S poses GW2 is that people will start asking for the B&S “armor” to be carried over to GW2.

Ick.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

All upcoming games are not interesting to me. But it’s like ice cream: I love chocolate ice cream (GW2), but once in a while I want vanilla, too. But then I realize how good chocolate is (and WHY chocolate is better) and screw vanilla ice cream.

I am lurking over to FF14 and I love re-watching my videos I made, but when I see how badly executed it is I am glad I am here and discovered chocolate.. I mean, GW.

Also, I spent nights reading about GW(2) in the Wiki with my Surface tablet in my bed and it’s like reading into novel. Neither FF14 nor any other of the games mentioned have such a great universe behind. It feels arcady.

I think there is far more into a game than hypes and graphics. It must ALL come together, and this works to me in GW2 (and FF14 a bit).

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Your thoughts…..?

if its not B2P from day one, then no.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

the only threat to GW2 is John Smith.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

No, when ANet just makes their eyes open and looks at what B& S does actually make better right now than GW2 and improves theses aspects then for GW2:

Following things does B&S better than GW2:

• Better Combat System, that makes real usage of the Z-Axis (something that Anet needs also to look at, if Underwater Combat should ever become a thing!!)
  • Much more and better animated EMOTES… in B&S you have for example real Eating Emotes, when you there use a Food Item, you really see how your Character sits down for a moment to EAT & DRINK these items
  • Far alot more fashion.. this game is full of tons of armors, much more than GW2 offers currently
  • Better Armor Style, that makes characters look epic ands heroic, but thats just a semi point, as better style is in the end always a matter of taste…
  • Outfits with FUNCTIONS that enable you to PVP other players for example when wearign a specific outfit and other stuff that is faction/reputation based
  • More detailed Character Customization (Far more Faces, far more Hairstyles and all that not bound to some items that you need to buy from TP just to get access to the maximum amount of options!!!) Much more facial details and in general also racial details with things like tatoos not being racial linked to just one race only
    Cosmetics and and an, simply said, a much more powerful Character Creation Tool, for what has Anet done practically nothing for other then adding every now and then a handful of new hairstyles/faces only, but they never have done actually anythign else than this to improve the character customization and what they did, did they hide always behind a cash wall that requires of you to get your hands on the gemstore items to get access to this content instead of making it rather somethign that you can unlock permanently for your accounts….
  • Better quality of said Hairstyles& Faces, what you find there actually also looks good.
    Where I look at what for options we have in our character customization, I can oftenly just cringe only from all that ugliness, but thats agains just only a semi point, due to taste …
  • Quick Use Item Slots (somethign that we finalyl practicalyl got recently, but not as an integrated feature, we have to pay for 5 slots maximum we can have 2800 gems actually … there its integrated feature, thats just part of the game without that you have to pay for it extra. the advantage that we have here therefore it, we can share these slots with all characters from our account, there its characterbased…
    give and take.. I personalyl prefer FREE character based Quick Use Slots, I give a crap about that sharign function, nothign special that I need that id pay for that extra…
  • Reputation System (again also based on Constumes/Outfits with Functions)
  • A better Combo System in the Combat System, that allows also for better and more spectacular self skill combos (combo chains) that don’t require any environmental preparations first to create the combo effect
    Or grabbing enemies, to actually hold them or even throw them into the air just to perform Midair Attacks (somuch about better usage of the Z-Axis)
  • Skill Upgrades (So also Character Progression for Skills that you have already learned, so that a Skil lthat you learned isnt like 3 years later absolutely exactly the same anymore like it is here the case)
  • Cross Server Party Finder
    There you can play alot more simple together with peopel that play on other Servers
  • Built in Voice System for Parties and Raid (INTEGRATED TS!!!!) You read right!!!
  • 24 player Dungeon System (there you have real dungeons that feel like Dungeons and not like three to four small paths that feel like always being exactly the same and that aren’t discouraged by their own Devs to be not played anymore …)
  • Better balanced PvP that requires skill and good reflexes with integrated Duel Function (you can pretty much duel whenever you want whoever you want wherever you want, except in cities), as its a combat system that allows also Counterattacks.
    PvP there is all about Timing Block, Parry, Dodge, and Counter (there you dont have such silly mechanics like invulnerability, there you can’t magically receive no damage while being attacked into your back, just because some kind of mechanic magically automatically absorbed the damage for you, calling it a “Block” wtf, because your enemy used a skill that makes him/her temporarely invincible for some seconds
    There, if you dont actively block your enemies, you wil lget hit, there if you dont actively counterattack, you miss choices to defeat your enemies by sursprise…)
    battles are there actualyl god dman battles and not just hack 6 slahses that are actually already won in a matter of seconds due to incredibly unbalanced way too high damage numbers that allow you to kill your enemiers in a matter of seconds.
    When you get there spiked, or so you get at least the chance to react, because you can’t get killed there so ultra fast like in GW2 ,where its bad balanced combat system gives you practicalyl absolutely no humanly needed reaction time to just realize what happened at all to make up for quick decisions on how to react, becsause before you react it happens very optenly in GW2, that you already eat the dust before you could react at all , due to ridiculous possible things like perma stuns, which is something that should have been limited already a long time ago ..its so overdue that stuns get finally like stealth a limitation mechanic, so that you cant get perma stunned, like you cant stealth, while being revealed!! Stun Breakers in GW2 need to get improved, so that they should also protect from gettign instanlty stunned again…for at least 4 seconds, similar like reveal stops you for 4 seconcs from instantly stealthing again as 4 seconds safe time after a stun is enough time to give a player the needed reaction time.
  • Build Change System (So practically integrated Build Saver Function..something we are waiting on since Game Release and B&S got developed together with GW2 at the SAME TIME …)

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1772-blade-soul-online-is-finally-coming-out-in-english
This is a site from one of those beta testing people that have made alot of videos and tests for many MMORPGs, B&S naturally too…
he made also naturally a video for character customization if you want to get a look at it, where you can also see the extreme DETAIL of the equipment there, from which GW2 is far away, better lighting system that makes the characters look more alive and realistic, but when also a little bit more like dolls but I guess this just comes from the anime style that comes from the character designer that is responsible for the game which made also already games, like Magna Carta II for X360 xD
its a system, that allows in my opinion also for much better and more realistic looking facial emotions, that our faces in GW2 absolutely are totally lacking oftenly.

• Better and much clearer and more visible Skill Animations..a Shadow Step there actually really looks like a shadow step andn ot like a borign instant teleportationg like we thieves have it right now in GW2, cause there the shadow step is actualyl really animated, what we don’ have… wheren you fiht there a bos,s you can actually see alot better, what is happening, because the boss doesnt get engulfed in so many particle effects of your own skills, that you can’ see anymore, what is happening.
    for that, see the video on steparus site that shows the boss battle for an impression on this
  • Also you can CLEARLY RECOGNIZE THERE, how much health your enemies have, because enemies there donmt have just only silly health bars, which slowly become lesser there you can actualyl directly see, how much health the enemy has by a direct indicating HEALTH NUMBER that you can see when you have your enemy target locked. in the case of that video you can exactly see, that the Boss has 2,17 Million Health and how it becomes exactly with each hit lesser.
    But thats actually something, i guess, that works only with a better and overhauled condition system, because the combat system of GW2 is currently with its condition system ect. so overpacked with calculating algorhythms and all, that it must be absolutely impossible to just show is some health numbers of our enemies. Also for my tatse the character windo is better visualized in regard of characters health.. you clearly recognize there alot better, when a party member is in danger, because its more in focus of your sight

Dont misunderstand me, B&S surely isn’t also too the absolute perfect game, there is no perfect game, but simple said, – it does make alot of things more right than GW2 did over the last years for a game, that has been developed exactly at the same time and that by nearly the same house, just a different developer team, because its also a game that got published by NCSoft at a time, where GW2 was also published by NCSoft and not by Anet self.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

They have different targets, so I doubt they’re much of a threat to each other.
BnS is more of a classic MMO, you flag up for pvp anywhere, you grind for must-have-BiS Gear that changes every few months and everyone has F+ boobs.
Not saying it’s a bad game, but GW2 was never meant for that crowd.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Dreavian.8340

Dreavian.8340

B&S is a straight up representation of Eastern culture and style so I would imagine those who like that motif would leave for that game but the rest of us who prefer a more high fantasy setting aren’t going anywhere…

Edit: Plus, its GW2 a seriously established world and fleshed out lore… what does B&S have to offer? It’ll be a one off, guaranteed. Flavor of the month, if you will.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The best thing with GW2 and some MMO’s nowdays is that you can take a break and then play it again when you have gotten bored with the latest hype. I expect a drop in players in GW2 when B&S is released, but few weeks later the ammount of players in the game will reach it’s “status quo”.

Me on the other hand will hold GW2 dear and will still be playing it the most. By the way, did you know that I play more than one game?

I feel the same way. I might check it out, but I’ll likely still stay with GW2.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Well, after looking it up and browsing through the pictures…
Eh…between the fact I hate babyfaced characters in general and with how the armour looks.
I’ll stay with Gw2 thanks.

Attachments:

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

NO just NO to rep grind. I did plenty of those back at WOW and don’t ever one to have to do it ever again.

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I was displeased with HOT, but a quick glance at the game images with their eastern aesthetics and over-sexed armor sent me scurrying back to GW2. Definitely not a threat to pull me away!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The real question is,

Is {insert next game here} a threat to BnS?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The real question is,

Is {insert next game here} a threat to BnS?

I thought the real question was…

When will people stop asking is {next game here} a threat to {current game here}.

Here’s a hint, they are never a threat.

Posted by: Finntaine.2067

Finntaine.2067

I just checked out the BnS forums. Be glad you play GW2!

Then again, all those that love to complain and dis the devs may find it attractive. :P

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

BnS only seems good for 1v1 and 3v3 but GW2 has far better mass combat pve and i guess 5v5.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Taggerung.5364

Taggerung.5364

I always try out new and newly f2p mmorpgs. Such has the genre been for me for a while now. I see B&S the same way I see GW2. Just another substandard mmorpg in terms of the most important aspect in a game, overall user experience. Therefore, no, B&S isn’t a threat to World of Warcraft. Neither was GW2, nor any other past, present, and future mmorpg. The king reigns supreme.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

It’s not a threat and any new mmorpgs that comes after it. It will follow the same mmorpg formula until something new comes with a different element. Blade n Soul is okay, but the character designs are a bit wacky.

Pineapples

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Here are my problems with Blades & Souls:

1. After combat, your character’s health doesn’t get full quickly like GW2 (You need potions/foods)

2. During Combat, Not all classes can dodge. (Like wtf?)

3. All classes can’t heal themselves, (At least in GW2 we have a healing skill)

4. Classes are locked under character race… (This is dumb)

5. No Dynamic Events with voice acting. (Are we really going back to questing?)

6. Silent Protagonist – (I want to hear my character talk during combat & in cutscenes!)

7. Combat is Not skill based – (At least in GW2 you can try all classes in Heart of the Mists which would boosted your level up to lvl80 with all skills, traits and stats unlocked for you to experiment with before deciding if you like the class to continue leveling in PvE or taking it out for PvP. )

While B&S combat is unique with combos and all, I would like it so much better if I didn’t have these issues above. If those issues where not present then I would say “Yes… B&S is somewhat a threat to GW2 for me” but I said “Somewhat” because B&S would still be different from GW2 in combat and story that it would be a nice change to play both.

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Every time a new MMO comes out it’s assumed it will be a threat to every other MMO already out. And nine times out of ten it is not. Remember Aion? Everyone said it would be the game that put WoW out of business. Of course we all remember how that went. (spoiler, it did not. At all)
The point though, is that it’s best not to speculate on what an MMO will do before it’s even out. It might be the next big game to revolutionize MMO gaming. Or it might be a massive disappointment and fizzle out. Only time will tell.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I tried it out, the character creation system is awesome, loved the style and detail of the game’s graphics, was even okay with the outfits system (which lets you mix and match head gear, body outfit, and two accessories), chain attack system was a neat idea, and they seem to have invested a lot more thought into how the PvP system can be presented to audiences.

Is it a threat to GW2 though? Maybe not so much. Do you like bots? Because BnS is going to be swarmed to death by it. The devs decided to rely on GameGuard for their anti-cheat protection, which is stupid because it’s an absolutely terrible and useless program that:

• Constantly scans your ram whenever something changes (which includes when the program it’s “protecting” loads new assets) to try and look for patterns that match known cheating programs, so it bogs down your system.
  • Doesn’t allow a second instance of the client to run, but doesn’t recognize if the client crashes, so every time you crash or get a black screen because your connection timed out you have to reboot your computer to start playing again.
  • Is easily bypassed by a fundamental flaw in its design that allows cheaters to reroute update requests to a private server, thereby keeping GameGuard permanently out of date and unable to detect new cheating programs.

It’s impossible to fully prevent cheating, but GameGuard steps down the game by pretending to work. Every single game “protected” by GameGuard seems to have quarterly mass bot banning posts by the devs, that alone should tell you how useful this abortive failure of a program is.

And, yes, I’m extremely salty about BnS using GG because I really enjoyed what I did get to see. Oh well, Kingdom Under Fire 2 will be using a different third party anti-cheat program (Xigncode), which also happens to be the same anti-cheat that BDO will be using. Hopefully it’s not as useless.