Blade n Soul a threat to GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

BnS has waaay better pvp, but beyond that, it doesn’t threaten GW2 much. And our pvp is dying/dead/garbage at the moment so I mean it’s not like a lot of people are probably pvping right now anyway judging by the insane queue times.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Have GW2 came out with any new pvp modes yet and maps in general? I have not touched this game in a long time. It’s up to date, but only when I accidentally click on the icon.

Pineapples

Rukia.9860

Have GW2 came out with any new pvp modes yet and maps in general? I have not touched this game in a long time. It’s up to date, but only when I accidentally click on the icon.

Just Stronghold which is a cheap knockoff of GvG from GW1 but nowhere near, it is easily exploitable and horrible in ranked queue. It is ok if you are just playing unranked or whatever though.

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Is BnS PvP really that great? The “combos” and knocking people into the air looks cool and all that but what specifically makes it so much more fun and rewarding than Gw2 PvP?

Posted by: PlayerX.5307

PlayerX.5307

No. BnS has nothing on GW2. The game is kinda fun at the start, then it falls flat.

Black Desert looks very interesting though.

GW2 will always be around though.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Is BnS PvP really that great? The “combos” and knocking people into the air looks cool and all that but what specifically makes it so much more fun and rewarding than Gw2 PvP?

Yes. For starters you can actually see your target, even in a mob of people.

The way the combat works makes it more fun than GW2 PvP in my opinion because there is no messy tab targeting and it’s very skill based, if you are bad you will lose regardless of class. Balance is better than GW2 due to not having an overabundance of build diversity that just ends up negating most traits/skills, which is super important in PvP. Also, if you actually like fighting your opponent this game is better because there are 1v1 and 3v3 arena matches, no point capture or stronghold BS just plain and simple fighting. Then there’s open world PvP, no zerging BS or tower capture – you actually get to fight the enemy! Although for those who do like PvE in their PvP there are faction quests where your faction must defeat NPCs or bosses, so there’s something for everyone and you aren’t forced into doing anything you don’t want to do.

The only downside is you want to reach max level first and in the case of open world PvP gear up first. You don’t have to, its still possible to win if you are good enough but if you want an equal playing field you’ll want to. I guess WvW has that problem too though, so GW2 doesn’t beat it on that front either.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

Garden Warfare 2 (GW2) scores higher in twitch streams than this game. LMAO. Not to fear B&S fear the garden warfare!!

Rukia.9860

It is absolutely amazing, but the pve sucks imo

No. BnS has nothing on GW2. The game is kinda fun at the start, then it falls flat.

Black Desert looks very interesting though.

GW2 will always be around though.

Lol funny you say that when Black Desert is a typical korean grinder with unbalanced gear-based pvp and repetitive combat, no substance, basically core GW2 but with prettier graphics. And the effects are way over the top like GW2 also so massive combat sucks cuz you can’t see anything.

That’s my experience when I played. Nothing special, at least BnS has a good story that you can really get into and great pvp.

If you are a graphic-wh%re then Black Desert is for you, otherwise no.

Posted by: Doughnuthole.2403

Doughnuthole.2403

As an Asian player who came to GW2 in order to escape from Korean MMOs, these comments makes me giggle.
Maybe the grass of your neighbor is always greener.

And those who say that Anet treat their customers wrong have no idea how east Asia game companies treat their player lol.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

No, BnS will not “threaten” GW2. It does, however, chip away at GW2’s playerbase. Every single MMO that has come out since GW2’s release has seen very active players unhappy with ANet’s refusal to communicate with their playerbase move to other games. ESO, Archeage and now Blade and Soul. With Black Desert Online and Camelot Unchained on the horizon, ANet needs to up their game or risk losing even more dedicated players.

Sure, ANet is currently marketing towards the extremely casual “facebook gamer”, but while they provide a lot of cash shop money, they don’t stick around and make your game last. It’s a giant shame that WvW and PvP are so screwed up right now with little to no dev communication in regards to future development.

Guilds like mine are waiting on games just like BnS (we’re already moving there, but with 1 foot still in GW2 in the hopes that future development and communication improves), Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Black Desert Online. ANet better watch out.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

Rukia.9860

No, BnS will not “threaten” GW2. It does, however, chip away at GW2’s playerbase. Every single MMO that has come out since GW2’s release has seen very active players unhappy with ANet’s refusal to communicate with their playerbase move to other games. ESO, Archeage and now Blade and Soul. With Black Desert Online and Camelot Unchained on the horizon, ANet needs to up their game or risk losing even more dedicated players.

Sure, ANet is currently marketing towards the extremely casual “facebook gamer”, but while they provide a lot of cash shop money, they don’t stick around and make your game last. It’s a giant shame that WvW and PvP are so screwed up right now with little to no dev communication in regards to future development.

Guilds like mine are waiting on games just like BnS (we’re already moving there, but with 1 foot still in GW2 in the hopes that future development and communication improves), Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Black Desert Online. ANet better watch out.

To be fair they just communicated on pvp balance https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/state-of-the-game-update-q1-2016/

And they are going to be doing this every 2 months (edit: 3 months , I think they changed that? or maybe I read wrong 1st time) and this isn’t just balance but updates in general for every part of the game.

Great kittening news.

PS: you watch fairy tale? couldn’t take the ‘power of friendship’ trope for much longer lol started out strong though..

(edited by Rukia.9860)

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

The way the combat works makes it more fun than GW2 PvP in my opinion because there is no messy tab targeting and it’s very skill based, if you are bad you will lose regardless of class. Balance is better than GW2 due to not having an overabundance of build diversity that just ends up negating most traits/skills, which is super important in PvP. Also, if you actually like fighting your opponent this game is better because there are 1v1 and 3v3 arena matches, no point capture or stronghold BS just plain and simple fighting. Then there’s open world PvP, no zerging BS or tower capture – you actually get to fight the enemy! Although for those who do like PvE in their PvP there are faction quests where your faction must defeat NPCs or bosses, so there’s something for everyone and you aren’t forced into doing anything you don’t want to do.

The only downside is you want to reach max level first and in the case of open world PvP gear up first. You don’t have to, its still possible to win if you are good enough but if you want an equal playing field you’ll want to. I guess WvW has that problem too though, so GW2 doesn’t beat it on that front either.

Skill based eh?
Tell me if you delete your lvl cap Assassin and remake a new Assasin that’s level 1 and you fight someone who is maxed level, who will win? If it’s skill based then naturally the winner with better skill execution and strategy should win but if you lose against a maxed level player because you are level 1 then it’s not skill based. Specially in PvP.

In GW2 level doesn’t matter. Player’s skill execution and strategy does since everyone has access to everything and are boosted to level cap in the first place.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s always the same: some Korea grinder arrives and some ppl ask if this is a ‘threat’ to GW2. No never, Korea grinders are rather a niche product.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

As an Asian player who came to GW2 in order to escape from Korean MMOs, these comments makes me giggle.
Maybe the grass of your neighbor is always greener.

And those who say that Anet treat their customers wrong have no idea how east Asia game companies treat their player lol.

Oh I know how Asian game companies treat their players.
I played FFXI for 7 years before I quit and I hate Squar Enix as a company more than ever. They milk their franchise and try to get you to grind only so you play longer to pay them monthly rather making content fun, easily playable and accessible. I’ll never go back to that god awful game again.

Oh and any feedback they get from the West they ignore in favor for their Japanese player base… Yeah it’s terrible lol

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

The UI looks so much like TERA. Bad memories of getting to level 8 and then uninstalling out of crippling boredom

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

same here. no more MMO game from Asian developer.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Rukia.9860

Skill based eh?
Tell me if you delete your lvl cap Assassin and remake a new Assasin that’s level 1 and you fight someone who is maxed level, who will win? If it’s skill based then naturally the winner with better skill execution and strategy should win but if you lose against a maxed level player because you are level 1 then it’s not skill based. Specially in PvP.

In GW2 level doesn’t matter. Player’s skill execution and strategy does since everyone has access to everything and are boosted to level cap in the first place.

Is true to a point, you get scaled up, but I think are a little weak vs geared player, but totally worth it cuz the pvp is so good. It is a little enough of difference to come down completely to skill.

If you are better than that player, you will kill him.

And in BnS it’s not actually gear but your level that differs your stat’s, it’s weird only your weapon gives you power or something like that. I played the asian version a while back for hours on end but the lag from ping eventually made me quit.. so happy west finally got a version . After like 3 years lol…

Btw west version may have fixed this, I have no idea I haven’t played it.; I’m sure western version is gonna be a lot different.

The UI looks so much like TERA. Bad memories of getting to level 8 and then uninstalling out of crippling boredom

Lol I always hear tera is fun but the questing is so boring and atrocious, circa 2004 fetch quests all through the game… yeah no thanks I have no patience for that in 2015(16)

(edited by Rukia.9860)

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

It is a niche korean game with an asian theme. That alone means that it will draw in a lot less western players than GW2 with it’s midieval theme.
Also, a rather unique game (just like Guild Wars 2). Comparing these two is like comparing GW2 with WoW.

The old school questing and grinding as well as the open world PvP would probably turn off many GW2 players. There aren’t any event chains you can do with a huge group of players either.

You don’t wear armor. Just costumes you put on for the looks.
Stats come from your weapon, trinkets and your tablets (like a talisman with 8 pieces for the stats and set bonuses).

Don’t think the game is something the majority of players would leave their game for. It is just too (hard to find the right word) “korean”.

PS: It is nice to see a skill based combat system that is not all about huge cleave and huge aoe so people actually hit something. Some recent action combat games have gone way too crazy with that, totally removing the point of aiming and positioning.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And since that time, Guild Wars 2 has gone free to play which increases it’s playerbase. See how that works. Some things chip away and then boom, some people come back and some people start playing because it’s free to play and some people are back because they like the challenge.

I was looking at my guild roster today and I noticed some people that log in don’t really log in much anymore. I also noticed that some people that didn’t log in for a long time log in every day now.

That’s sort of how the whole business works.

Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have to be amazing, it just has to be better than the competition which in most cases, even with all the kittening and moaning, it still is.

Rukia.9860

And since that time, Guild Wars 2 has gone free to play which increases it’s playerbase. See how that works. Some things chip away and then boom, some people come back and some people start playing because it’s free to play and some people are back because they like the challenge.

I was looking at my guild roster today and I noticed some people that log in don’t really log in much anymore. I also noticed that some people that didn’t log in for a long time log in every day now.

That’s sort of how the whole business works.

Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have to be amazing, it just has to be better than the competition which in most cases, even with all the kittening and moaning, it still is.

I definitely came back for the challenge, and the MMO genre is so weak right now it’s honestly not hard to own the competition. I mean WoD (WoW) is basically an expansion of dailies, seriously. There is literally zero substance to it.

It’s still fun to play the old content and achievements but wtf did I pay 50dollars for on an xpac that no one even plays? Subs are down more than ever.. I think devs getting lazy, but at least ANet is still trying to be unique & push out content for free, even if I don’t actually like the content they put out you gotta respect the fact.

GW2 is by far the best bang for your buck easily, but do you like it or not? up to you.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

lol i think people got too used to gw2’s gear mechanics that they take it for granted my opinion: no normal mmo, as shiny and new as it’ll be, can be a threat to gw2 in the LONG term. Why? Gear. It’s as simple as that. You farmed to get your shiny endgame gear? No worries! Wait 1/2 months and we’ll release a new set that will rend the old one useless, so you could farm all over again! Fun, right??? one time it’s okay. 2 well, one can live with it. But after a couple of times it’ll just start feeling pathetic. This is why i left TERA, when i realized i have to chase newer and harder to get gear in order to be viable. This is why such games cannot be a long-term threat to gw2.

i thought the no need to farm for the latest gear policy was great before launch but then, most people I know are farming all the time and i, even though i hate farming, have farmed my share too (way more than in the ‘grindy’ WOW, though not as much as 99% of the people i know).

So, in the end, farmers are gonna farm, you might as well give them a valid reason for it.

Rukia.9860

lol i think people got too used to gw2’s gear mechanics that they take it for granted my opinion: no normal mmo, as shiny and new as it’ll be, can be a threat to gw2 in the LONG term. Why? Gear. It’s as simple as that. You farmed to get your shiny endgame gear? No worries! Wait 1/2 months and we’ll release a new set that will rend the old one useless, so you could farm all over again! Fun, right??? one time it’s okay. 2 well, one can live with it. But after a couple of times it’ll just start feeling pathetic. This is why i left TERA, when i realized i have to chase newer and harder to get gear in order to be viable. This is why such games cannot be a long-term threat to gw2.

i thought the no need to farm for the latest gear policy was great before launch but then, most people I know are farming all the time and i, even though i hate farming, have farmed my share too (way more than in the ‘grindy’ WOW, though not as much as 99% of the people i know).

So, in the end, farmers are gonna farm, you might as well give them a valid reason for it.

I feel the same, even tho GW2 is not ‘required’ grind, it feels more of a grind than the actual grindy MMOs sometimes. Especially bfore HoT it felt like all I was doing was dailies and grinding for legendary, not enough quests or end game to make it fun.

HoT does better in some categories but also adds gating which is literally the worst thing they could have done, I hate that crap in other MMO… hell even WoW has gone totally away with gating besides superficial stuff like flying mounts. (a 2 week rep grind)

Posted by: Mandalore.8906

Mandalore.8906

It’s just another oversexualized, “girls look 12 but have giant kittens”, fanservice-y bullkitten asian mmo with stupid little child characters having bunny ears and tails. The armor looks completely ridiculous. It’s the exact same kitten as tera, and to be honest, it’s sad when people like games like that.

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Will try B&S, but characters dont look very apealing. Im not a great fan of anime/manga. At least its something different than gw2. However it will not replace gw2 yet. That might be with Crowfall. During that time i will try some b&s, division and black desert.

Piken Square

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And, yes, I’m extremely salty about BnS using GG because I really enjoyed what I did get to see. Oh well, Kingdom Under Fire 2 will be using a different third party anti-cheat program (Xigncode), which also happens to be the same anti-cheat that BDO will be using. Hopefully it’s not as useless.

Quick search show Xigncode is just as easy to bypass and an even more intrusive rootkit computer activity logger than GameGuard. So yeah… Good luck with that.

Posted by: Skeet.3257

Skeet.3257

Your thoughts…..?

lolnope… played it on chinese servers some time ago and i have been playing it for 3 days on NA/EU.
its shiet lol… and a daily grindfest
pve is garbage and u cant rly pvp unless your ping is like 5 bcz u wont be able to chain your combos correctly. i just uninstalled it and went back to gw2, biggest waste of 25$.
the only 2 things that are gr8 about the 7 year old BnS are oily bewwbbbzz and interesting pvp.
edit: kittens? hahaha sry its like my 3rd post on forums :p

(edited by Skeet.3257)

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

It’s just another oversexualized, “girls look 12 but have giant kittens”, fanservice-y bullkitten asian mmo with stupid little child characters having bunny ears and tails. The armor looks completely ridiculous. It’s the exact same kitten as tera, and to be honest, it’s sad when people like games like that.

Lol at the “It’s sad” phrase. There’s nothing wrong with people liking that kind of art style as long as they can (still) differentiate between virtual life and real life and don’t get “funny thoughts”, so your strange sense of pity is really out of place. Maybe you come from an old-fashioned household or culture where this kind of visuals are frowned upon and automatically is connected with pedophilia or similar?
If you simply don’t like that type of stuff, that’s perfectly fine but still belittling to find it “sad when people like games like that”

Posted by: Metricos.5617

Metricos.5617

Multiple mmos can exist in a healthy state simultaneously. These kinds of questions are silly.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Black Desert might be a threat.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So far, from reading this forum it looks like it’s a copy paste of other similar games. I mean they couldn’t even take the time to make new, interesting races. The humans are just standard human with your standard boob flashing women. Then they added the standard cutesy, anime type little girls with the big ears and a tail. Then standard gear grind and standard open world PvP is added on top.

No doubt it will be amusing to play but I doubt it will pull large numbers permanently from Guild Wars 2. Visit, yah. Making it their mmo home, far less likely.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I was lucky enough to be chosen to beta test BnS last month. I really liked the game as a whole, I found it refreshing and fun to play in a light hearted way.

Lately I’ve become increasingly bored and disinterested with GW2, especially since the release of HoT and massive upsurge in cash grabbing from Anet so was looking around for a replacement. I’d previously been a loyal supporter of GW for 10 years.

I don’t think BnS will replace GW2 as my leading game but I do think it will be a nice filler until BDO is released. I also beta tested BDO as I pre-ordered the game and I think Anet should be more concerned about that game than BnS.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Its not a threat to gw2 why would it be. I like blade and soul.
Its new and interesting. I like the combat and the asian style and the story.
I also like Tera i been playing it a lot the last 5 months.

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

you are basically asking people if anime is a threat to cartoon.
no its not, its different.

as for me, a look at the characters was more than enough for me to NOT play this game. im sick if the babyface big tittays and booties thing. no thanks.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Your thoughts…..?

Not really, it’s just too different. Yes, any new game will take some of the GW2 population away (at least for a while), but in the end the biggest threat to the future of GW2 is GW2 itself (or, should i say, Anet and their current design goals).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Your thoughts…..?

Not really, it’s just too different. Yes, any new game will take some of the GW2 population away (at least for a while), but in the end the biggest threat to the future of GW2 is GW2 itself (or, should i say, Anet and their current design goals).

Yeh, it’s ANet’s poor decision making and seemingly flawed and fixed vision for GW2, outside of PvE anyway, that’s making me look elsewhere. It’s a great game, none better out there atm and posibly for the next year at least, but management at ANet seems hell bent on making it less great with every passing update. Neglected single player games and other activities are taking up more and more of my time now. Got fantastic value for money from GW2 over the years, so no hard feelings on my part.

(edited by gitflap.9031)

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Skill based eh?

I don’t think we’re on the same page. I was referring to the fact that you actually have to learn your class, have knowledge of all the various skill combos and have the muscle memory to execute them as opposed to spamming just a few skills like in GW2 and some other mmos (some require no skill whatsoever… you just do a rotation). Also, the arena scales you up and balances stats so you CAN defeat an opponent higher level than you, although you wont have all your skills but that’s not very different from how Guild Wars 2 functions. Same goes for open world, you can kill people 10 levels above you if you know your stuff.

Unless this was changed recently, what people don’t seem to know is that new accounts in GW2 must first unlock all their skills on at least one character before all their skill slots are unlocked in PvP for their account and any other characters. Also, I would like to see you go into WvW on a level 2 char and fight a level 80. Just because a game has a leveling system in place does not mean it isn’t skill based. I was merely referring to fact that BnS focuses more heavily on player skill than most MMOs that allow you to be as lazy as you want and still win as long as you press your buttons in the right order (sometimes even if you don’t). GW2 also falls into the same category as BnS, although it has a much lower skill cap and I found myself using the same 5 skills most of the time (I did play a thief though, which is admittedly the worst on this front). GW2 also has more focus on build than BnS, which is why class balance is so awful and why skill isn’t as important here but rather your team comp. Don’t get me wrong though, build does still matter in BnS too but it’s not as huge of a difference.

Doesn’t matter how good of a thief I am, any other class at the same level and any meta build (which makes up too much of the PvP builds I see running around) will eat me for dinner if I try to be heroic and actually fight instead of decapping. Even if I win, I will have cost us too much time because my attacks aren’t potent enough or I have to work much harder than my opponent simply because their class. If my team doesn’t have a good comp, we might still lose even if everyone on the team is very skilled. I don’t know about others, but while I like my build/class to be an important factor I don’t want it to be so important that the match is largely decided before it even begins.

So, since BnS isn’t as reliant on class composition, building doesn’t make as huge of an impact as GW2 and your pool of skills is much larger and harder to execute, I will say it is indeed more skill based than GW2 and that was the point I was trying to make.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I look at this the same way I’ve looked at every game release: Same kitten, Different day.
This same question was asked about ESO. About Wildstar. And it will be asked again come the next “big thing” too. So I’ll say again, what I have said before:

Some people will love it and leave.
Some people will hate it and come back.
Some will like neither and go elsewhere.
Some will play both.
That’s just how it goes.

Me, personally? It might be fun to watch, but I doubt I’ll try it myself. Honestly, if I want that style fighting game, I’ll just go pop in SoulCaliber, Mortal Kombat, or Bloody Roar.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Not at all, gw 2 is miles ahead of this title. Furtheron theres no comparison. For a younger anime loving crowd it might be a fun game. Personally more into more realistic western style animation.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

What is B&S…is it that asian-anime-porno-oversexualized-cash grab-gear grind-crappy combat-hentai-wildstar-aion-archeage-mmo? If yes then it will for sure kill GW2

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

I played in the closed beta. One thing i didn’t like about it was the controls, your mouse was used for skills only, no kinds of movement. Only MMO’s where i seen that used was a couple 2d side scrollers like maplestory. This game would be better played with a x box360 control pad. It was just annoying to try and learn that with a 3d MMO. I’m use to using my mouse to move characters in any MMO.

Beautiful game, good story, good animations and Great sound/music. The controle’s just didn’t work with it, plus it’s a grindfest game to get lvl’s.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Sad are only comments that are so overbiased as like yours.

But haters gonna hate, right? …/facepalm

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I played in the closed beta. One thing i didn’t like about it was the controls, your mouse was used for skills only, no kinds of movement. Only MMO’s where i seen that used was a couple 2d side scrollers like maplestory. This game would be better played with a x box360 control pad. It was just annoying to try and learn that with a 3d MMO. I’m use to using my mouse to move characters in any MMO.

Beautiful game, good story, good animations and Great sound/music. The controle’s just didn’t work with it, plus it’s a grindfest game to get lvl’s.

Sounds like a controller isn’t optional then. Dark Souls and Phantasy Star Online 2 are great games on a controller but simply suck with keyboard and mouse.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Sounds like a controller isn’t optional then. Dark Souls and Phantasy Star Online 2 are great games on a controller but simply suck with keyboard and mouse.

A control might be possible. i didn’t have anything installed to test it out. Plus it was only closed beta, so some stuff was probably left out. I would have to do some search on that.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

… Therefore, no, B&S isn’t a threat to World of Warcraft. Neither was GW2, nor any other past, present, and future mmorpg. The king reigns supreme.

You know that WoW lost 50% of their subscribers since they released the last XP, yes? …and that the loss was so rapid, they announced that they will no longer make quarterly sub numbers public. The “king” is showing his age.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

… Therefore, no, B&S isn’t a threat to World of Warcraft. Neither was GW2, nor any other past, present, and future mmorpg. The king reigns supreme.

You know that WoW lost 50% of their subscribers since they released the last XP, yes? …and that the loss was so rapid, they announced that they will no longer make quarterly sub numbers public. The “king” is showing his age.

But, as you have said, it was due to the WoW expac, not because of any other game. It’s the same situation as with GW2 – the main threat to the game comes from the game itself, not from outside.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

But, as you have said, it was due to the WoW expac, not because of any other game. It’s the same situation as with GW2 – the main threat to the game comes from the game itself, not from outside.

Fair enough. The old saying was always “the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, there’s at least one thread over on the WoW forum about this game. As usual, the OP is excited. The other posters, not so much.

New game. Same ole thread.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Moderator

Hey everybody, we’re locking this thread since topics in this forum should be directly related to subjects specific to Guild Wars 2.