Blade shards

Blade shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

What’s the BEST way to get them? Is it the Mystic Forge? Do aetherblades have a reliable drop rate, i.e 100%, 50%, or above 20%?

I want to make the tempered backpack, but I don’t exactly have a lot of watchwork sprocket things (though I do have the watchwork mining pickaxe), so forging isn’t the most viable, especially since I need 500 to make the mechanism to make the gift of blade, and I need 50 sprockets to make roughly 13 shards (everytime I used the forge method I got 13 shards (only used it 3 times). Currently only at the first blade pack.

Blade shards

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m not sure what the drop rate is off aetherblades but you may be better off farming gold to buy sprockets so you can convert them. It’s one of those items that will be a serious grind as you don’t have easy access to the shards compared to early 2014.

Perhaps it may be worth suggestibg that these be made tradeable. At least then you could buy them directly from the TP or get from players.

Blade shards

Posted by: Svenlana the Viking.4031

Svenlana the Viking.4031

I’m assuming you don’t have the sprocket generator in your home instance. But you can always party with someone and go to theirs. It would be slow but at least it is cheap and an easy way to get a few.

Blade shards

NaotsuguLH.8915

I’m assuming you don’t have the sprocket generator in your home instance. But you can always party with someone and go to theirs. It would be slow but at least it is cheap and an easy way to get a few.

Thanks, I’ll look into this

Blade shards

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I have one … wil start doing guided tours of my home instance with a one silver park visit fee

Blade shards

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Aetherblades in Fractals drop them in nice amounts, imo. Other than that, best is to get the Sprocket Generator (can buy from Laurel merchant) and farm that daily – turn the watchwork sprockets you get into blade shards, and the node itself drops blade shards as well.

You can also buy the Watchwork Mining Pick which gives a chance to drop watchwork sprockets too. Only perma mining tool worth buying beyond animation desires.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Blade shards

NaotsuguLH.8915

You can also buy the Watchwork Mining Pick which gives a chance to drop watchwork sprockets too. Only perma mining tool worth buying beyond animation desires.

I said I had this lol. And I agree.

Blade shards

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The most shards I ever got at any one time was standing below the Aetherblade JP waiting for a Portal from a Guildy (that was “struggling”) and killing all the enemies that spawned nearby for about 30 – 45 minutes. Think I got about 25 shards in that time.

Just my 2 coppers (I’m not farming them, so there can certainly be better returns).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Blade shards

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

So the Aetherblades in the Gendarran Fields jumping puzzle drop them too?

Blade shards

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I bought the blueprints for a pack, after the end of the LS chapter, just to see how long it would take me to make a pack. It took me a couple months, give or take, to get it to ascended, and I chunked a lot of sprockets into the forge to make it happen. Get that sprocket generator and mine every mining node you see with the watchwork pick. I actively worked a lot at mining to farm the sprockets, so your mileage may vary. There is a very small chance for a hit of fifty blades from the forge, but I think I only got that twice out of all my forges.

Blade shards

Posted by: Ashendale.2165

Ashendale.2165

I said I had this lol. And I agree.

Your original post said you had the mining pick, which can give you a random Sprocket when you mine any node.

Svenlana the Viking asked you if you had your personal node in your home instance. It is sold by laurel vendors. If you have it, then it’s either sprocket farming, or shard farming. Like other people said: killing Aetherblades and doing Not So Secret jumping puzzle.

Happy farming

Eat, sleep, play video games

Blade shards

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

especially since I need 500 to make the mechanism to make the gift of blade

I would rather buy the mechanism on the tp as it is available for the price of 250 sprockets there.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Blade shards

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

If you can get to it, the chest at the end of the Aetherblade JP gives shard. I often see people porting to it too.

Blade shards

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Yeah its gonna take a while. I’m almost finished with all 3 colors of Dynamic Spinal Blades and haven’t forged a single shard. Just 300 more and I’ll be done with these thingsmforever.

Blade shards

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

yeah kinda don’t know what to do with mine now when I get them.

Blade shards

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

yeah kinda don’t know what to do with mine now when I get them.

Maybe you’ll need an ascended back for your Revenant ..

Blade shards

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

The Spinal BP’s are basically my main way of obtaining a lvl 80 exotic and if I feel like it, ascended BP.

All you need is one Blade Shard, 50 Sprockets and both of the 2 different types of glitter dust stuff (forgot the name) in the Mystic Forge and you should on average get 9-15 blade shards back. Rinse and repeat, that is, if you have stacks of the Sprockets which is currently around 8 gold a stack on the TP.

But yeah, super fast method of obtaining shards in the MF mentioned above.

I will mention that there is a super rare chance you get 50 shards back. It’s only happened twice for me and I’ve made a tonne of these BPs for various toons. Good luck and have fun~