Blatant GW2 ripoff in MMO Facebook ad

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rylarra.2174

Rylarra.2174

I was trying to think of a place to put this because I just laughed at the obvious style and logo plagiarism so. Has anyone else seen the ad posted below? I caught it on facebook and I’ve never exactly tried League of Angels but I certainly never even intend to now. I also couldn’t really think of how to inform the devs so, here it is if you want it. I wonder if LoA even realizes that dragon is supposed to be a 2.

I suppose plagiarism is everywhere so catching every instance is impossible, but thought I’d post the one I caught anyways.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Lots of copies similar to that one on FB adverts. It’s not the only one.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Oh wow 4.5 star game with 100,000 people.

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I lol’d
Also I can’t help but think that all games that put “League of …”on their name are trying to get some attention because people may think the game is similar to League of Legends

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

lol nobody can see ads on facebook or anywhere else because people use ad blocker…

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

lol nobody can see ads on facebook or anywhere else because people use ad blocker…

I was going to say…“There are ads on Facebook?” Whaaaat?"

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I reported.. something, years ago when the game was still pretty new..

I’ll not go into details on what I reported but it was bad enough to get a quick response and request for all the information I had regarding it

I did it through direct contact via E-mail with support after leaving a post here on the forums
If I remember correctly a mod told me to contact them and provide the links and information to what I was bringing to their attention, which I did

If the team require more action from you regarding this im positive they will contact you through mail or by leaving a reply here asking for more information or links

the image you provided though should be sufficiant for them to take action if they wanted to

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

League of Angels provides fascinating battle experience, questing, PvP and guild warfare

Lawl.