Bleeding needs dripping trail of blood

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Wouldn’t it be awesome if applying bleeding condition makes opponent leave behind trail of blood, that case if someone try to stealth away, u can follow the trail of blood.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Rated T for teen. And you want blood and gore in the game. Hah! k. No, Anet will not do this because it limits the age range of GW2. If a mom walks in on a kid playing a gory, bloody video game, she’s not going to let him continue playing that. I mean, Anet doesn’t want to take those chances, and it’s a valid concern that parents would not let their children play it if it had that kind of gore.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

SundayTrash.9562

dude ur talking about a MMORPG, have u read some of the chats in game. Its way worst than blood and gore.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

dude ur talking about a MMORPG, have u read some of the chats in game.

It doesn’t matter. You can turn off the chat. You can block people. You can ignore it. You can’t ignore a trail of blood leading to a bleeding, half-dead player… I mean, unless Anet implements a way to turn off the blood and gore. Then it might work.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Online interactions not rated by ESRB. Standard disclaimer, there is no way to rate stuff that is generated by other players, which is why Spore had kitten monsters despite kid friendly rating, and I believe it was Forza or one of those other racing games that had the Hitler mobile.

A graphic bleeding animation is 100% created by the developer and does impact ESRB which could push the game to M as a result.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

But what about Necro’s sucking giant blood bubbles out of you!!!

Think of my babies!!!

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I’d be all for puddles of blood…as long as it’s revealing those gimmicky stealth classes.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

You’re recommending that a player wearing a plushie quaggan backpack leave a dripping trail of blood. Right.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This is too violent for our little Jimmy playing gw2.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m color blind so depending on the location of the blood and size of the drops I probably wouldn’t be able to see it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

it would rat those stealthy thieves out within their stealth!

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Rated T for teen. And you want blood and gore in the game. Hah! k. No, Anet will not do this because it limits the age range of GW2. If a mom walks in on a kid playing a gory, bloody video game, she’s not going to let him continue playing that. I mean, Anet doesn’t want to take those chances, and it’s a valid concern that parents would not let their children play it if it had that kind of gore.

Teens do not need to be protected from this kind of content. As they already know the difference between what’s real, fantasy, and adult content.

No law will ever stop teens from wanting to have access to these things!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Pass on blood, no thanks!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Onshidesigns.1069

Bleeding could have a mist like particle effect.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Some kind of particle effect would be nice, though I’ve yet to see an agreeable idea for what personally.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

No thanks. Seen too much real life blood to find pools of blood or some creature’s life leaking out entertaining. Never mind the teens, protect the sensibilities of the adults.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I don’t particularly want it, it would just be another effect cluttering my screen but I don’t see why anyone would be against this because of age ratings/ people sensibilities. We’re already fighting rotting undead things with open wounds, parts of their face missing, tongues hanging out and protruding ribs but a red particle effect is too much gore? Look at this messed up face! That’s far worse than some blood.
Although I never had an issue with seeing blood.

Attachments:

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

There are major retailers here in the US who have problems with games showing blood and/or gore. One who will remain nameless goes so far as to have “special” versions of games created for their retail stores with content they feel is unacceptable removed from the game. Since they have the sales to back it up, they can make demands like this and get away with it.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

There’s a red bleeding cloud underwater for your morbid curiosity, gun skill 3 I believe.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Figlilly.3907

Where would you draw the line with bleeding? Would those risen rotting corpses bleed? I doubt if they have veins or a heart left to pump the blood anyway. The Ascalonian ghosts? What about the Sylvari. Do they have red blood or some sort of sap. I could see it getting quite complicated.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

There’s a red bleeding cloud underwater for your morbid curiosity, gun skill 3 I believe.

Yes, the skill with the piranhas. I actually like that effect even if it is a little “gory”.

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

So, Slashing, Thrusting, Skull bashing, killing people that you can’t talk to, dropping stakes on half dead people isn’t violent.

Kinda hypocrit

Jade Quarry

Chopps.5047

Lol or a meteor shower isnt violent at all !!!, but seriously, there’s some bad things with bleeding trails I think you can imagine. I dunno about it. Doesnt fit

Figlilly.3907

Of course it is violent, Lanceor. No one is arguing against that. I actually find it therapeutic sometimes getting my guardian to bash in a few skulls with her hammer. I don’t get to see bits of bone chips or a spray of brain matter and nor do I see the caved in skull with the eyes perhaps popping out of their sockets. Would you ask for that too? If not, why is blood so special?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Of course it is violent, Lanceor. No one is arguing against that. I actually find it therapeutic sometimes getting my guardian to bash in a few skulls with her hammer. I don’t get to see bits of bone chips or a spray of brain matter and nor do I see the caved in skull with the eyes perhaps popping out of their sockets. Would you ask for that too? If not, why is blood so special?

Because there no effect that requires crushed bones or poppet eye sockets.

Blind tunnels your screen vision.
Crippled maims your movement animation
Immobilized.. Well.. You don’t say.
Confusion has the purple aura around the target’s head, burning sets them on fire.
I can go on. But bleeding is the only one with no real visual effect, aside from I think weakened (You do have temporary animations, such as the shattered shield for Vulnerability.)

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

this topic has a better discussion than most on this forum….
also they wont put bleeding trails in the game because it would be unnecessary and not a priority. There are many things more important that Anet should focus on.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It already has a dripping trail of numbers.

Chopps.5047

I like to think those numbers are composed of tears, shedding off the player because they cannot be cleared fast enough.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Teens do not need to be protected from this kind of content. As they already know the difference between what’s real, fantasy, and adult content.

What gives you the idea that the ratings are about what the teens want?

Age of Conan has gore splashing all over your screen when you get a critical kill using a combo. It has an M for Mature rating. GW2 is rated T for Teen.

I’ll make no judgments about this either way, but it sounds like the rating issue is the “why not.”

Posted by: Belzaboul.7653

Belzaboul.7653

Oh, nice idea. I have an idea with a similar effect. The classes with stealth are given the ability to cause a disarm condition. For the duration, target cannot use weapon skills.
Got any other bright ideas?
Suggesting mechanics which completely nullify key aspects of classes is bad.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Since nearly every weapon somehow causes bleeding with little effort, I can’t wait to see the bloody mess in big zerg in PvE or WvW. Blood all over the place!

Onshidesigns.1069

Age of Conan has gore splashing all over your screen when you get a critical kill using a combo. It has an M for Mature rating. GW2 is rated T for Teen.

I’ll make no judgments about this either way, but it sounds like the rating issue is the “why not.”

My point is rating products for teens does nothing to limit their exposure to teens. So why should society even try censoring anything.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My point is rating products for teens does nothing to limit their exposure to teens. So why should society even try censoring anything.

I’m looking at your words and they aren’t making a whole lot of sense. Are you trying to say that teens and younger will be exposed to things from mature rated games regardless of the rating? Because a rating of T for teen would — of course — not stop teens from playing the game.

Whatever you meant, the ratings exist because some parents care what their children are exposed to. In today’s world, their ability to “shelter” their children is eroding. To them, this is more reason to fight for that ability — not a reason to just give up.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Rated “T”, no I think this game should be rated ‘M’ for mature because of the soul crushing disappointment it has wrought.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

SundayTrash.9562

they can just make it like footfall.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Oh, nice idea. I have an idea with a similar effect. The classes with stealth are given the ability to cause a disarm condition. For the duration, target cannot use weapon skills.
Got any other bright ideas?
Suggesting mechanics which completely nullify key aspects of classes is bad.

Your comparison is kinda extreme. having faint blood trails is nothing compared to someone not being able to attack back at all, which I should mention, is almost what stealth currently does anyways. Faint blood trail at least allows people to know where to estimate their attack and even then, some classes like mesmers don’t even have aoe attacks to do this.

Also bleeding duration is usually short anyways so it’s not like you’ll be bleeding your kitten off the ground forever. I’m sure you’ll be dead from the bleeding long before it hugely compromises your position.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

If you want to add slippery puddles to the ground, then there also needs to be a debuff that gets applied to the attacker with a percentage to slip/fall in combat. Especially if jumping, pouncing, whirling through.

Of course, then you need to add a trait ability that allows the attacker to maintain “sticky” feet and not be able to slip. Not to be confused with stability.

The person being attacked and bleeding then needs a corresponding trait which is in essence “sponge”, allowing them to use “soaking tool” in combat in case they get hit with a percentage to literally “soak up” bleed effects from the surrounding ground.

Yes, I somehow did manage to type this with a <straightface>.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Speak for yourself, I had no interest in blood or gore when I was a teenager and nobody I knew did either.

Onshidesigns.1069

Speak for yourself, I had no interest in blood or gore when I was a teenager and nobody I knew did either.

No one said they teens had a interest in blood and gore! But all teens will want access to the things adults have. No amount of censorship will change that.

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

Wel these a day’s kid’s grow up verry fast,The thing is, when i was a kid i alway’s wanted to have games with a age rating 16+ 18+. Why because i thought back then, the games with a 16+ or 18+ rating where more difficult had more longevity,I am pretty sure if Arenanet had labeled there game 16+ or 18+ they even would have more sales.

Back to op,A trail of blood for bleeding nice idea

US: not many games with blood,too much gore

Japan:many games with blood,all about gore

Europe:not many games published in overall compared with the above two,about gore in europe well an endless discussion lolz

kind regard’s

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No thanks- there is so much stuff going on, on the screen already and just about everything in the game causes bleed…

Gunnar’s Hold