Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moi.5013

Moi.5013

What is going on here Anet? I know its limited and I understand this but the drop rate for rubies is abysmal compared to the other limited nodes. I can easily get 50-55 jade shards a day off nodes alone but I am lucky to get 20 rubies and that includes doing every map daily for a few extras. And it seems that the limits are based on nodes mined not rubies dropped and the nodes are VERY low drop rate. I farm 10 jade nodes and get 15 or more jade shards, 10 bloodstone nodes and i might get 1 or 2 rubies…maybe even none. And the map has no repeatable hearts to buy some from vendors. Can this be fixed, either increase the drop rate off nodes or make the limiting factor on rubies gained not nodes farmed just to bring rubies in line with the other limited map currencies Thanks!

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

Well, the trinkets from rubies are basically legendaries with pink text instead of purple, is probably why they’re a little more time consuming. You can get lots of rubies from PvP reward track.

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Moi.5013

but the trinkets from the other maps are the same so that doesn’t make sense at all, and not everyone PVPs.

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

They’re not the same at all, as you can change the stats on the ruby trinkets, but not on the trinkets from any other map.

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

but the trinkets from the other maps are the same so that doesn’t make sense at all

The Ruby ones can be reset so you can choose other stats.

Edit: Vindicus ninja’d me. :P

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

but the trinkets from the other maps are the same so that doesn’t make sense at all, and not everyone PVPs.

They are not. The trinckets bought with Blood Rubies can be reset with the Bloodstone Capacitor so they are almost Legendary gear.
I do realise however that it is a problem when buying the Gift of Bloodstone Magic as the other 2 trophies are more easy to reach a full stack with.
But what can we do? I guess ANET could lower the required Bloodstone Rubies from 250 to 100, but given this could be the only use for these gifts I’m not sure it’s necessary.

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Moi.5013

I did not realize you could change the stats…but its really frustrating when you are farming them for something other than trinkets and it takes an hour to get 10 rubies :/ (maybe exaggerated but that’s what it feels like lol!)

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

PvP/WvW reward track, for few hours u get 50 rubies. This way I got 150 rubies in 1 day. I found PvP reward track to be 2-3 times faster.

Blood Ruby Drop Rate

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Home instance node drops 3 per day for no work other than paying for the initial cost.