Blood Stone Visage

Blood Stone Visage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BreakLeg.5429

BreakLeg.5429

I would just like to thank the devs for making the Blood Stone Visage an achievement reward even though it would have been a good gem store item.

I would just like to know if it would be at all possible to give the Blood Stone Visage a dye slot so that it would be usable on all of the classes i.e dying it purple for mesmer, blue for guardian, gold for an auric themed character ect.

I know you guys are working on a new expansion at the moment(really excited), but it would be nice to see this feature in an upcoming update.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

100% agree with all said. Though it might be unlikely to happen, one can still hope.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

that cool sound is gone from it already… can never have nice things… “bug” lol right how you bug in a sound. Doubt it will ever get a dye that would be too much of a draw. shame

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

they will not give it a dye, because each color eye glow is already its own helm. there is blue, red, and green already

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

that cool sound is gone from it already… can never have nice things… “bug” lol right how you bug in a sound. Doubt it will ever get a dye that would be too much of a draw. shame

If it had been universally well-received, I suspect it’s possible that it would have been left in – but, from comments I saw in chat, some people were also finding that sound seriously annoying. Given that it was never intended, it’s hardly surprising that ANet fixed it, therefore.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

Am i only one who have issue with it , where glow is not sticking to the eyes of character (in my case, charr) ?

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

If you dye’d it. It would cease to be a bloodstone visage

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Am i only one who have issue with it , where glow is not sticking to the eyes of character (in my case, charr) ?

Noticed this as well at times (also playing Charr). Also going into first person mode keeps the two red glow-spots floating on the screen (rather amusing at times), and I still cannot see I have the visage equipped when on the log in screen.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How do you “bug in a sound”? Well, one way is by associating a sound with a particle effect in your game engine and then reusing that particle effect in a new way with unintended consequences.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

Just got this and applied it on my thief. While she looks awesome from the front, why the flipping heck did it get made so you can see the red glowing eyes through the back of your skull?!

Through hair. And presumably bone and grey matter. Why, ANet, why? Please tell me this is gonna be fixed…

Attachments:

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Maybe it’s showing through because it’s made of bloodstone, which is stone made of blood, insanity and unbound magic?

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

That would be ok if it were a generalised red glow but to see two clear eye shapes is gonna bug the hell out of me.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

It might be a bug but it might be deliberate to make it different than the other glowing eye helms and to bring out insanity part. Eyeballs showing are more insane looking than a glow.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Well, the animation looks like you’re having the worst nosebleed of your life so that might distract from the aweful buggy eyes.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

I’d like to start buy saying thanks to anet for something that could have been in the gemstore, but made it free instead. My suggestion which is actually more like a complaint though, is the lack of “fluidity” is has for lack of a better word.

The particle effects snap with your character like the original feathered wings did before they added some physics to them to make them look convincing. The visage particles are locked to your toon and don’t trail behind like they probably should. If you rotate your toon left and right you’ll see what I mean, and it looks a bit off.

Edit: I understand that anet probably didn’t want to put lots of developer time into this, but maybe they could add an update for this somewhere in the future.

(edited by ZanchinFissure.7981)

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agree with OP, this needs to be fixed, how it passed QA I will never know.

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Also, the skin is visible on players even with lowest animation quality and lowest model quality settings.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Blood Stone Visage

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s awkward looking for sure. Hope it’s fixed up soon.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.