Blood and Madness?

Blood and Madness?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I missed the 2nd Halloween. What kind of stuff was different between the original and this one? Are we getting weapons from the first go-around? (Chain greatsword, Grinning shield, etc)?

Thanks for any info

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Miss SAB so much, but I take Halloween (it’s Halloween after all!). Looking forward to it, as well as changing back the skill lock by level stuff.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Blood and Madness?

TehPwnerer.7215

What does that have to do with my question lol

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The first year had a really nice instance. I didn’t like the instance from the second year as much but it was different. A few changes to the jumping puzzle, and a few new achievements, but much of the same content.

Blood and Madness?

TehPwnerer.7215

The first year had a really nice instance. I didn’t like the instance from the second year as much but it was different. A few changes to the jumping puzzle, and a few new achievements, but much of the same content.

Labyrinth still there too?

Blood and Madness?

Vayne.8563

Last year it was, but no one really knows what’s going on this year.

The PvP activity was there too and the Mad King’s Jumping puzzle. It’s a lot easier now that you can’t be blocked by Charr and Norn.

Blood and Madness?

Valento.9852

The PvP activity was there too and the Mad King’s Jumping puzzle. It’s a lot easier now that you can’t be blocked by Charr and Norn.

Say for yourself! I still have a hard time doing that.

On the OP’s question: I believe we’re getting the very same things, and the drop rate for the weapons will be A LOT low (it’s one of the most expensive skins on TP).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

As I recall the main changes were some quests and instances regarding the Mad King’s son, the Bloody Prince, hence the title. The previous content (labyrinth, jumping puzzle, PvP game) were still there and pretty much the same. So, I have no reason to think previous rewards will not become available again.

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’d suggest Wiki for those questions.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blood_and_Madness

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: NNYinsanenature.5684

NNYinsanenature.5684

But will the BLC weapons return from the first halloween? Really sad they didn’t show up last year. =(

Blood and Madness?

Vayne.8563

Well it’s easier anyway. I didn’t beat it the first year but I beat it last year.

Blood and Madness?

Valento.9852

Well it’s easier anyway. I didn’t beat it the first year but I beat it last year.

I know, I’m just bad at that JP. lol

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Blood and Madness?

TehPwnerer.7215

As I recall the main changes were some quests and instances regarding the Mad King’s son, the Bloody Prince, hence the title. The previous content (labyrinth, jumping puzzle, PvP game) were still there and pretty much the same. So, I have no reason to think previous rewards will not become available again.

Well the original skins were from the “Halloween lock boxes” that required keys. That’s why I ask about them.

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I missed the 2nd Halloween. What kind of stuff was different between the original and this one? Are we getting weapons from the first go-around? (Chain greatsword, Grinning shield, etc)?

Thanks for any info

Answering your question: there were two types of weapons during the first halloween, the ones you mention were available from black lion chests as a random drop. There were the other three: The crossing, Arachnophobia and The Mad Moon, these can be crafted, kinda expensive but they were also dropping from PvP chests and the halloween dungeon. None of these were available last year, but I expect the black lion ones to return ala gemstore/Black lion ticket.

Also the changes between the first and second halloween:
Dungeon: Ascent to Madness didn’t open
Reaper’s Bundle, the MOBA style activity didn’t open
Mad Memories Scavanger hunt removed
Open World Meta events – removed
Some change to the labyrinth
Mad king’s clocktower improvements
Few new story instance

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

if they copy paste the same Halloween for the 3rd time i have lots of friends that are going to quit. So i hope they arent going to drop the ball again and be lazy like the past year they have been.

Blood and Madness?

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Also if I remember correctly, during the second halloween you got Trick or Treat bags for winning tournaments instead of reward chests. PvP forum wasn’t pretty back then.
All in all I think we can say the first halloween was better compared to second one.