Blood ruby backpack and transmutation charges

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bunny.7436

Bunny.7436

Does anyone know if a bloodstone capacitor can still be used to reset the stats on a blood ruby backpack that has been transmuted with another skin on to it? If this works, does it cause the skin to be reset similar to how it loses existing upgrades?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If it is losing its upgrades it’s because a new base item is being generated which means default skin. You shouldn’t be losing upgrades though as there are extractors for infusions that won’t destroy an item. Incase you didnt know as some infusions are kinda spendy.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

Wiki unfortunately doesn’t say – I’m curious as well – but in reading the wiki , it brought up another question: does it only reset equipped items, or one of each type in the inventory of the character? I’d hate for someone to lose infusions in an item sitting in their inventory, not equipped, that they had no idea it was going to affect.

Consume to emit a pulse of magic that resets one of each type of Blood Ruby gear in your inventory. This will destroy any infusions socketed in those items.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Any time you use the mystic forge, the original item is destroyed. I know we refer to “resetting stats,” but technically, we’re sacrificing the old stats to zommy, who voids his RNG policy to give us the same item type with new stats.

Zommy doesn’t care about reskins, though, so to answer the OP’s questoins:

• You can still use the capacitor with a reskinned back (or trinket) that was originally a Ruby version.
  • You cannot use the capacitor after reskinning some other item to look like a Ruby version.
  • Remove any infusions ahead of time, since you will lose them during the process.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Does anyone know if a bloodstone capacitor can still be used to reset the stats on a blood ruby backpack that has been transmuted with another skin on to it? If this works, does it cause the skin to be reset similar to how it loses existing upgrades?

You can still use the capacitor to reset the stat after you skin it.

Using the capacitor will basically destroy the existing item and generate a new one. The skin gets reset back to the default because of this. That is also the reason it will destroy infusions.

Wiki unfortunately doesn’t say – I’m curious as well – but in reading the wiki , it brought up another question: does it only reset equipped items, or one of each type in the inventory of the character? I’d hate for someone to lose infusions in an item sitting in their inventory, not equipped, that they had no idea it was going to affect.

Consume to emit a pulse of magic that resets one of each type of Blood Ruby gear in your inventory. This will destroy any infusions socketed in those items.

It only affects items in your inventory. It does not affect equipped items.

This was tested by having 1 skins back item equipped and 1 ring unequipped. Using the capacitor only affected the ring. Re-equipped the ring, took off the back and used another capacitor and it reset the back this time.

It would be nice if the capacitor showed you the items it is about to reset similar to how salvage all shows you the items it is about to salvage.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Any time you use the mystic forge, the original item is destroyed. I know we refer to “resetting stats,” but technically, we’re sacrificing the old stats to zommy, who voids his RNG policy to give us the same item type with new stats.

While it’s reasonable to assume it uses the same underlying system (especially given the destroyed infusions) the Mystic Forge isn’t actually involved with resetting the Bloodstone gear, so explaining how stat swapping in the MF works isn’t really an answer on its own. Not without a note stating that the answer is extrapolated from how the MF works.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

So, to summarize:
1) yes, you can use on a reskinned backpiece (since it only cares about the base item)
2) yes, you will have to reskin again afterwards (spend those transmutation charges!) since it’s effectively resetting it to the base item.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Bunny.7436

Bunny.7436

Wow, thank you to everyone for the detailed answers and for trying it out! I wish stuff like the wiki had this info posted. That stuff about why the skin and upgrades get lost from generating a new item makes sense. Just glad it can still figure out what the item was after being transmuted.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Well the wiki is completely user-maintained, so someone has to add it. There’s a “leave article feedback” option if actually editing the article is intimidating.
I’m a very sporadic user, but I’ll look into making a note – I agree it’s relevant!