Bloodlust

Bloodlust

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

So I just spent another 10 gold on a Superior Rune of Bloodlust for my Elementalist staff.

Unfortunately this hasn’t had the desired effect, since when I change from scepter/dagger (with rune) to staff (with rune) I still lose any bloodlust stacks that I might have had. This is in addition to having already bought a bloodlust rune for my underwater weapon, seeing as how we started to lose those stacks when changing environments.

Honestly if you didn’t want us to use them as they were, then change their functionality in some way. It’s completely ambiguous now as to how they are supposed to function since the only indication given is ‘ends on down’. Not ‘ends on weapon change’ or ‘ends on map change’ or ‘ends on environment change’.

I don’t care about the gold cost; just be clear in what you want runes to do.

Maybe you should change these to Bloodlust+1 for 60 seconds on kill.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Bloodlust

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

They were completely fine as they were and there was absolutely no reason to change them to begin with.

Bloodlust

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

20 level 80s and counting.

Bloodlust

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Thanks! Search let me down. It was also a suggestion more than a class specific balance problem, as I think any weapon changes on any class should be allowed, despite it being most frustrating on my ele and engie.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Bloodlust

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

I can see why they made the change. They don’t want players to be able to have the effects of a bloodlust/corruption etc sigil if they aren’t using a weapon which has that sigil.

It was effectively giving players an extra sigil on their weapons because players would just build 25 stacks then switch for a different weapon.

Bloodlust

Lishtenbird.2814

Thanks! Search let me down. It was also a suggestion more than a class specific balance problem, as I think any weapon changes on any class should be allowed, despite it being most frustrating on my ele and engie.

It was in this subforum (general discussion) IIRC but then got moved there.

I can see why they made the change. They don’t want players to be able to have the effects of a bloodlust/corruption etc sigil if they aren’t using a weapon which has that sigil.

It was effectively giving players an extra sigil on their weapons because players would just build 25 stacks then switch for a different weapon.

Correct solution: remove stacks if a player unequips a weapon, not just changes weapon sets or enters water.

Bloodlust

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

It was in this subforum (general discussion) IIRC but then got moved there.

Correct solution: remove stacks if a player unequips a weapon, not just changes weapon sets or enters water.

I agree with this.There should be only 3 ways to lose the stacks.

• If you build stacks underwater and then you get out of it you must lose them.
  • If you build stacks on the ground and then enter water you must lose them.
  • If you unequip the weapon then you lose the stacks.
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Bloodlust

Lishtenbird.2814

Wow. Care to elaborate?

How about swimming to Bay in WvW or crossing a small river with your group?

Bloodlust

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

It’s not making any sense. You can still stack your bloodlust stacks on your X weapon set and have 2 different sigils on Y different set. At the same time we are not allowed to stack on our weapon Z and then use X and Y without the said sigil. It’s not… Going underwater is just as much of a weapon swap as simply swapping weapons.
So as the whole, there are really only three solutions that are making complete sense:
1. The sigil stacks should be lost upon swapping a weapon, whether doing it on land or underwater(engi – kits, ele – attunements), as well as unequipping the stacking weapon. Stacks would only remain if you had sigil of the same type on your other weapon set.
2. The sigil stacks should only be lost on unequipping the stacking weapon.
3. If you are wielding the weapon that does not have a stacking sigil of the same type as your stacks were, stacks go dormant, but do not vanish. So let’s say I get 25 stacks on weapon X, then swap to weapon Y(or underwater weapon Z). The stacks would go dormant and stop applying their effects. Then when I would swap back to weapon X, the stacks would activate.
I prefer 3rd solution.

Bloodlust

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Wow. Care to elaborate?

Also I’d like to point out that you currently you can cross water surfaces and not lose your stacks, if you don’t dive and stay at the water surface – while you do so all your skills are disabled, however.

Bloodlust

Lishtenbird.2814

Wow. Care to elaborate?

Also I’d like to point out that you currently you can cross water surfaces and not lose your stacks, if you don’t dive and stay at the water surface – while you do so all your skills are disabled, however.

You can’t avoid diving when jumping from high places though. And of course you also can’t use your underwater boost skills (like mesmer Spear 4 – useful for the whole team – and 2), as well as skills to deal with underwater enemies.

Bloodlust

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Wow. Care to elaborate?

It’s worth the price considering that the alternative is people putting Sigil of Bloodlust on their underwater weapon, building stacks underwater and not having to use a Sigil of Bloodlust on their land weaponry at all.

Though I suppose you could make it so that if you have the exact same sigil on both sets, you get to keep it.

Also, I think that losing stacks due to lack of preparation for water makes perfect sense in WvW.

(edited by Olba.5376)