Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

This is a beautifully designed zone, the events are amazing and the mobs are an extreme challenge.

BUT…. Why would I want to go into this zone once I have all of my aerial skills, portal and home instance node? I have more ascended trinkets than I can ever use even with 12 lev 80 toons and to ask me to chop on nodes and do repeatable events that pay less than I can make in AB or TD is borderline insulting.

In DS/TD we had “Ex Mechina” and in AB we had "Illuminated’ as rewards for weeks of effort. In Bloodstone Fen we have no major achievements to work towards and it’s kind of depressing.

Hats off to the Devs who made this zone but the people who added the achievements (or lack thereof) get a D minus.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Maybe you would go because it is a beautifully designed zone, the events are amazing, and the mobs are an extreme challenge?

That is, because you enjoy playing there?

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Muusic.2967

Maybe you would go because it is a beautifully designed zone, the events are amazing, and the mobs are an extreme challenge?

That is, because you enjoy playing there?

I enjoy playing in AB, TD and even VB but as an avid MMO player I want to work towards a bigger picture like I listed in my OP.

I’ll defer to my wise and noble friend Inculpatus to add his 2 cents because i’m extremely interested to know his/her thoughts on this.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Because it is a fun and awesome looking map? It has a fun and not too grindy way to get ascended trinkets?

Borderline insulting? Ummm why should you be taken seriously right now?

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Unlike other MMOs, this game does not have a subscription. This means that the designers aren’t going to throw in some faux goal for you to chase to keep you paying them every month. Instead, you get to set your own goals based on how you want to play and what you want to accomplish.

If enjoyment of the map isn’t a large enough goal for you to return to Bloodstone Fen once you’ve looted the merchant, then by all means find another map to play on.

Bloodstone Fen is also probably going to have additional items added as the Living Story progresses (similar to how both Silverwastes and Dry Top were slowly rolled out over several releases).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Maybe when LS3 picks up it will have more items available to buy from bloodstones etc. So collect as many as you can now.

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

keep farming those magic and rubies b/c they will probably have more stuff coming out every chapter

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Can always use the stuff to reset the stats on your trinkets. It’s basically legendary trinkets that way.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Muusic.2967

Can always use the stuff to reset the stats on your trinkets. It’s basically legendary trinkets that way.

This is a solid point…. I didnt think of the fact that these trinkets are basically under the same mechanics that legendary weapons are as far as swapping stats if you farm tons.

Would still be cool if they had something like a BFF (Bloodstone Fen Fanatic) achievement for grinding because I wanna play this zone but the rewards just aren’t there atm

~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am enjoying the salvage items that give me low level leather. I finally finished the first version of the Chuka and Champawat short bow thanks to getting sufficient lowbie leather to make up my shortfall in Elonian leather (well, I traded deldrimor to a friend for some Elonian, bought a few bits off the TP, but kept my expenses low thanks to getting those drops).

On resetting, I saw one person report that after infusing and attuning he wasn’t able to reset a ring, which is either a bug or a limitation.

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The best method of money making seems to be Map hopping into Jade armor/UG metas. Lots of gear of all tiers to craft ascended or to sell. Lots of rubies which can be salvaged into unbound magic and traded for material bags. It’s very easy to make money from BSF.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Muusic.2967

I value your opinion so i’ll respond by saying don’t take me seriously if you don’t want to. It’s your choice. The point of my post was to illustrate the fact that when it comes to repeatable content there’s no reason to continue in this wonderful new zone unless you are doing it for pure aesthetics.

But as FrizzFreston pointed out, I might have overlooked a few things as well as the many others who pointed out to me that this is only the first chapter in the new LS>

~Dr. Seuss

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I value your opinion so i’ll respond by saying don’t take me seriously if you don’t want to. It’s your choice. The point of my post was to illustrate the fact that when it comes to repeatable content there’s no reason to continue in this wonderful new zone unless you are doing it for pure aesthetics.

But as FrizzFreston pointed out, I might have overlooked a few things as well as the many others who pointed out to me that this is only the first chapter in the new LS>

Fair enough. I have been waiting for the Viper’s trinkets so I am pretty happy about the new patch, hopeful for the accessories soon. I love the map and I think it is very creative while also making ascended items easier to obtain.

Bloodstone Fen BUT....

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Because it is a good way to farm T6/T5/Ascended(sorta) mats.

NSPride <3