Bloodstone Fen and Embar Bay

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Bloodstone Fen was a fun zone to play in. Ember Bay isn’t. Learn from your mistakes.
The whole HoT expansion content was good but not perfect.

Imagine the next expansion with what Bloodstone Fen have and the little things in Ember Bay that is good and that would be the ultimate expansion. The good things in Ember Bay is repeatable hearts and the thermal propulsion.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

How dare they have variety in the game and allow players to choose where they would like to play.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

It’s a matter of opinion. I really like the design of HoT maps (environment etc), map completing is a bit more difficult (especially with your HP train getting lost half the time in TD). But the way the rewards are structured is pretty nice in my opinion. Whereas Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay seem to be much more basic in design when it comes to the complexity of the terrain. I know this was much requested, but I do hope we will get at least the level complexity of Verdant Brink in the next expansion (maybe also in LS maps, but I assume those dont have as much development time), TD was probably overkill for most players. I am also not a fan of focusing so much on daily tasks, daily hearts, daily achievements, daily rewards and so on which is the trend in the living story maps.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I haven’t set foot in ember bay after finishing the story.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

I like the idea of meta events from HoT maps much more than doing repeatable hearts.

Posted by: minion.1987

minion.1987

eh. i like ember bay because it doesn’t have the giant meta events. makes it a area for people who just want to get stuff by killing things.

Hesacon.8735

I like the idea of meta events from HoT maps much more than doing repeatable hearts.

Hearts in general are a turn-off for me. When they reset daily I just can’t be bothered. I did them twice, once because I didn’t know they reset and a second time because when they reset, they stop counting towards map competition.

The fact that there’s yet another inventory clogging trophy (petrified wood) also kills any incentive to spend time on the map.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just salvage the petrified wood if you don’t need them.

Hesacon.8735

Just salvage the petrified wood if you don’t need them.

I’ll just avoid the map, it’s easier. Clicking 4 times per petrified wood is a little much to make it go away.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I like Ember Bay more than Bloodstone Fen. I like them both, but Ember Bay is more fun…for me.

I like all the maps, pre- and post- HoT release, so I hope the Devs keep giving a variety of kinds maps. I even hope we may see some new kinds we’ve not seen before!

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Ember Bay is too easy for too many rewards. Fun but I think it needs a bump in challenge.

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I like that we have variety. Overall I enjoyed the HoT maps and the meta, but I think it would be a shame if that became uniform for all new maps. Not every map needs a meta event, and some maps like Ember Bay which are more open with a variety of events, hearts and more localised activity are fun too.

Going forward I hope we get a mixture – some with a variety of activities such as Ember Bay and the core Tyria zones, and some new maps with meta events like HoT. Some maps with all the verticality we’ve seen in VB and TD, and some wide open huge maps that go for wide expanses and great distances.

Let’s mix it up and keep it varied – then players can choose to play the content they prefer.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I prefer Ember Bay to Bloodstone Fen. I prefer a bigger, more spread out map with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. I even like the new JP. I like the lava tubes. Yes, I even like the mursaat fortress.

Bloodstone Fen has some fun stuff too, but Ember Bay better suits my play style.

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

ember bay is completely fine

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I like the variety and I have enjoyed both BF and EB a lot and look forward to what is to come. I love the complex maps from HoT with the freedom to choose to go back to a more linear and laid back core map, or one that is in between.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I actually prefer ember bay myself. I love the hearts to be back too. I missed them, besides we also get group dynamic content. so it has aq bit of everything
Bloodstone fen is a bit too chaotic looking to me too, that might be part of why I dislike it.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The HoT maps feels alive and there is always something happening. The zones are just too good and fun. Then Ember Bay was released and I was like “what..” and thought that ArenaNet went backwards instead of forward. The core tyria zones are ok but they lack the active and alive feeling HoT maps give.
Bloodstone Fen was good because it still felt like a HoT map and not a step backward. They actually brought new skills to gliding which was great.

Ember Bay is the wrong direction to take and for me is not a fun map to play in. If I compare Ember Bay to any map that already exist I would say it’s like Southsun Cove. Southsun Cove is not very fun and it feels empty and dead. No thanks. Wrong direction there Anet.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ember is the right direction for the game to take. As is Bloodstone Fen. Anet were bombarded with feedback for more classic, explorable maps. They delivered it, whilst still delivering HoT style maps.

There is room for both types and the game absolutely needs both types for variety and to keep it healthy.

I love Ember Bay, I think it’s an excellent map. It just needs more events instead of the same ones on a short timer.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

And I thought it was the other way around. Bloodstone Fen is interesting, but after map completion I can’t be bothered to even go back to the zone. Whereas Ember Bay is kind of fun.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I kinda like Ember Bay, and the repeatable hearts that give you currency to get stuff is nice.

I really don’t understand the people that complain about the hearts when they are only required once for map completion.

coso.9173

ember bay is also much more solo friendly than bloodstone fen (and other HoT maps)
in those, if I make a small mistake with my thief and it means al the alarms are ringing and I’ll b probably dead in an instant. Ember bay is easier to travel solo and t participate in events without dieing.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I like ember bay better than bloodstone fen actually

guess it all comes down to personal preferences

and yeh ember bay is easy to do solo which is a nice change once again after all those HoT metas that definitly require lots of people to succeed

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Verdant Brink is still my favorite map on all GW2. TD and AB have been growing on me more and more, also, while DS feels every day more stiff and unnecesary, even less interesting than most vanilla maps to me. Bloodstone Fen is just above Orr for me, because I like its verticality, but I find it lacks variety. Ember Bay I put 4th for now, but somehow I think it will lose its interest in just a few weeks.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

coso.9173

I have never ever given DS a chance so far. the sole point of it being taxied to a instance that requries full group coordination takes the fun away for me.

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

I love both maps. Not crazy about the repeatable hearts though.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Oh, the meta fight itself is really fun, specially the last section. But the map doesn’t offer anything else. Exploration is at the same time rushed and trivial (You are not looking around, enjoying the landscape while keeping your senses alert. You are just running like a headless chiken from one oxious pod to the next), and there aren’t any event beside the meta, so, if the meta is not advancing, you found yourself in an empty map were is hardly anything to do.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

For me it’s tangled depths, verdant brink, bloodstone fen and then everything else. Ember bay is okay, but I really enjoyed exploring those other maps more. And BF isn’t really an exploratIon map. It’s just fun and unique. Glide skills are really nice too.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I think Bloodstone Fen was a fun zone to play in. I think Ember Bay isn’t. This leads me to assume that mistakes were made, even though many people may disagree with me, and I believe everyone should Learn from your mistakes.
In my opinion, The whole HoT expansion content was good but not perfect.

Imagine the next expansion with what Bloodstone Fen have and the in my opinion little things in Ember Bay that are good and that would be the ultimate expansion ,in my opinion, though I recognize others may disagree. I believe that The good things in Ember Bay is repeatable hearts and the thermal propulsion.

Fixes in bold

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

My opinion differs from the OP. I’ve really been enjoying Ember Bay. I like how you can pop in at pretty much any time and have a lot of action going on and you aren’t tied to a long running meta event timer. Agreed with others that the petrified wood (and blood rubies) really should be a depositable material. Aside from that the only other thing I’d add to Ember Bay is a way to know what events are going on without needing to wait for people to call them out. Kind of like in Silverwastes when you know a fort is under attack, there should be a way to know when major events in Ember Bay are about to start. Maybe not a big text in the screen like Silverwastes, but something along those lines.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m glad ANet is back to offering a variety — I am still exhausted by thinking about how scheduled everything is in the four original HoT maps; if I wanted to work on the clock, I’d look for work at Wal-Mart.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Actually i like both map, i prefer ember bay slightly more. The way repeatable heart now is a nice, especially you can get ascended gear with map currency. It is soloable, filled with a lot of events and less hardcore like HoT map. I like this direction, it is the right direction.

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

What? Ember Bay is fantastic! I really, reaaally hope the next map releases will be similar to it, with the daily hearts and an interesting plot. Because of EB I’ve started to enjoy playing GW2 again. <3 It has everything the other new/hot map hasn’t and it reminds me of the original maps which I like A LOT!

m e s m e r <3

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Bloodstone Fen was a fun zone to play in. Ember Bay isn’t. Learn from your mistakes.
The whole HoT expansion content was good but not perfect.

Imagine the next expansion with what Bloodstone Fen have and the little things in Ember Bay that is good and that would be the ultimate expansion. The good things in Ember Bay is repeatable hearts and the thermal propulsion.

Ember Bay is fun to play in but Bloodstone Fen isnt (for the most part).

Hopefully the next expansion has as little HoT and Bloodstone Fen style maps as possible. The worst thing about Bloodstone Fen is thermal propulsion.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i absolutely cannot stand bloodstone fen. not in the slightest

im bad at sarcasm