Boat Design Flaw

Boat Design Flaw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This amused me today: I found a rowboat in LA (I was hopping around trying to trigger the new music but only got the dirge once, then ambient sound, but that’s another issue). And I realized that the builder had no idea of actual rowboat use — look at the relative positions of benches and oarlocks.

I suppose it goes along with the aft pennants on sailing vessels in cinematics, eg Claw Island, which stream directly back into the pushing wind … I’m pretty sure things don’t work that way.

Attachments:

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The Helmet Choppers make me lol every time I see them :P

Necromancer Main

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Well it seems to me that the seat in question is mounted in a lateral fore to aft groove directly under the gunnels. This allows the seat to be repositioned to the most adventitious position for various users. The seat is currently located in more of an aft setting to accommodate a Norn rower. This style of rowboat was developed so that rowers from Asura to Norn could all use the same boat.

It is hard to see from the angle of the picture, the dejected look on the human’s face. Neither he, nor the OP, were aware of this feature.

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Oh no…. how are the cat and plant people supposed to row a fantasy boat that isn’t functional?

They had better just take one of their magical flying boats made by the pact instead.

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s a boat designed for a charr.

They row in all fours.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

(rofl)

I’ll have you know that that, sir or madam, is not dejection but rather quiet contemplation of folly. Were a Norn to settle his or her much more … legendary sized rear upon that bench, no room would remain between oar haft and hip, nor indeed sufficient length of haft for Norn hands to grip.

Though perhaps a Norn need only wiggle the oar slightly in a thumb-and-forefinger grip to provide more than adequate propulsion.

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

legendary sized rear

haha

Boat Design Flaw

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I’d make my golem do the rowing. I didn’t build it to look pretty.

(I wanted to build a dragon golem but they wouldn’t let me patent it)

Little red Lioka