Body Types & More!

Body Types & More!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sodiumsmotts.3890

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Hi there, something that has bothered me since launch is the completely unvaried body types available for all races. I think that this problem stems largely from the different body types available currently only changing the muscle mass, and not the actual shape of the body. Male Norn are affected particularly badly by this, I mean – they are already pretty hulk-like as it is, it would be GREAT to introduce some new body types for them – hopefully some builds that don’t make their head look absolutely tiny. Female humans also suffer from this – either their breasts get bigger or their hips do.

I was curious if other people felt the same way about this? I can only hope that one day ANet will grant my wish and I can have some gloriously normal looking male Norn that don’t look like they’ve been using steroids for the majority of their life!

Body Types & More!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

We must remember that first and foremost, Norns are not humans. They are their own species. Certainly they are humanoid, but they are not meant to be 100% proportional to a human,so their slightly smaller heads and their slightly slimmer hips and wider shoulders might look odd to us mere humans, but to Norn it is a revered feature.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Body Types & More!

Posted by: Sodiumsmotts.3890

Sodiumsmotts.3890

Tooony.

Yeah, I agree, and don’t get me wrong – I adore what the Norn are, they are by far my favorite race, I wouldn’t want them to be humans by any stretch of the imagination. But they are literally all exactly the same shape which is quite dull. You would think that given that they take on the form of animals that are not so muscular but are quite lithe -raven, wolf, and snow leopard- that their bodies would mimic those physiques. In fact there are more distinctly un-muscular animals that occupy their core alternate forms than there are that mimic such bulk.

Any way- this isn’t just about Norn, that’s just what I would like. There are plenty of other cosmetic things that could be added like horns/ears/tattoos/skinpatterns than just new hair/colours and faces. These things even lend themselves to being bundled together with the makeover kits.

I fully understand that it might take a bit of work to accommodate for different sizes of body etc too.

(edited by Sodiumsmotts.3890)