in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Bolt is better.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

My Bolt is the most beautiful sword ever in my opinion. I wouldn’t trade it for Shining Blade.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Check out the video at https://redd.it/6yq0w1, which compares the renegade’s F3 skill for plain weapons, bolt, and shining blade. (That skill was chose to highlight the differences.)

Bolt is a flashier sword, full of sound & fury, but signifying little when it’s thrown. The Shining Blade is a more understated weapon with more pyrotechnics when thrown. I think that makes Bolt more fun as a melee-focused weapon, so more appealing to mesmers while Shining Blade generates the better projectiles, e.g. for Renegade.

In the end, you’ll have to decide for yourself.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Shining blade. For a change it actually looks like a sword.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

I never liked Bolt. It doesnt even look like a sword. Just a tangled mess of metal.

Im working on the shining blade. It is a bit more subtle but it is a very beautiful blade + when you swing it it leave a trail of blue flames+ you get a blue infusion running through the arm the weapon is equiped in. A lot of the older legendaries are losing their edge. Only a handfull really have the legendary feel to them like the greatswords, the bifrost and to some degree the dreamer for its unique missile animations.

Bolt or Shining Blade

zealex.9410

I never liked Bolt. It doesnt even look like a sword. Just a tangled mess of metal.

Im working on the shining blade. It is a bit more subtle but it is a very beautiful blade + when you swing it it leave a trail of blue flames+ you get a blue infusion running through the arm the weapon is equiped in. A lot of the older legendaries are losing their edge. Only a handfull really have the legendary feel to them like the greatswords, the bifrost and to some degree the dreamer for its unique missile animations.

Blue flames? Blue infusion? On shining blade? Whats you’ve been smoking?

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Check out the video at https://redd.it/6yq0w1, which compares the renegade’s F3 skill for plain weapons, bolt, and shining blade. (That skill was chose to highlight the differences.)

Bolt is a flashier sword, full of sound & fury, but signifying little when it’s thrown. The Shining Blade is a more understated weapon with more pyrotechnics when thrown. I think that makes Bolt more fun as a melee-focused weapon, so more appealing to mesmers while Shining Blade generates the better projectiles, e.g. for Renegade.

They are supposedly working on new projectiles for bolt. Personally I hope that they don’t keep the mini swords, but instead make it lightning based projectiles. It would fit the theme of the sword very well.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This should make you decide which one is better instantly.

https://youtu.be/1UDHWv_VRfM

Bolt projectile effect is ruined by Anet, making it one of the worst projectile effects in the game.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Personally I like bolt, but it’s the legendary I wanted from release so I’m a bit biased

Bolt or Shining Blade

Mister Asdasd.6194

Do you see the blue aura reaching up to the shoulder when the weapon is drawn? Also notice the trail it leaves behind when swinging? Just because i probably offended your sword of choice doesnt mean im high

also another video with more detail

(edited by Mister Asdasd.6194)

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

I have bolt for about 2 years and as soon as i saw shining blade i started crafting…..for me the shining blade looks way cooler.

Bolt or Shining Blade

zealex.9410

They are supposedly working on new projectiles for bolt. Personally I hope that they don’t keep the mini swords, but instead make it lightning based projectiles. It would fit the theme of the sword very well.

Id hope for something like that for the shining blad as well

Bolt or Shining Blade

zealex.9410

Do you see the blue aura reaching up to the shoulder when the weapon is drawn? Also notice the trail it leaves behind when swinging? Just because i probably offended your sword of choice doesnt mean im high

Thats purple

Bolt or Shining Blade

Mister Asdasd.6194

Thats purple

Doesnt negate anything else is said

Bolt or Shining Blade

zealex.9410

Thats purple

It negates that the reasons u like it arent there. It like saying i like Juggernaut because of its fiery red effects

Bolt or Shining Blade

Mister Asdasd.6194

Thats purple

It negates that the reasons u like it arent there. It like saying i like Juggernaut because of its fiery red effects

Stop grasping at straws, ok it is not blue i still like the purple aura trail it leaves behind like sunrise/twilight and the arm aura and it actually looks like a sword. Obviously the newer legendary would be of better quality dont feel bad about your Bolt if you like it ok. I just gave my opinion and you started saying im smoking weird stuff

Bolt or Shining Blade

zealex.9410

Thats purple

Stop grasping at straws, ok it is not blue i still like the purple aura trail it leaves behind like sunrise/twilight and the arm aura and it actually looks like a sword. Obviously the newer legendary would be of better quality dont feel bad about your Bolt if you like it ok. I just gave my opinion and you started saying im smoking weird stuff

Scroll up to my first post here. Also its not a matter to put down your opinion. Its miss information that might infuence opener’s choice.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Shining Blade FTW.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

if you have a class that use a lot of projectile..dont use bolt….

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Soon as i saw shining blade i started making it so imma have to go with that one.

Ill get bolt sometime though..wanted it since release ;-;

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Bolt or Shining Blade

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Thats purple

Scroll up to my first post here. Also its not a matter to put down your opinion. Its miss information that might infuence opener’s choice.

He at least linked to show the effects in youtube. You didnt say anything useful otherwise.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik