Bolt projectiles

Bolt projectiles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bubby.9342

bubby.9342

As the patch notes said bolt did get new projectile effects which are really terrible lol but it also said “custom projectile” effects , what does this mean exactly?
Can we revert it back to the old projectile effects?
The projectiles are literally throwing more bolts which looks very bad :/(not even shiny bolts)
The scepter projectiles look way better and shiny ????

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

Loving the new meteorlogicus projectiles on my guardian…. then I used zealots defense with bolt and now I never want to use the skill again. It’s seriously BAD. Why couldn’t we get bolts of electricity, hell it could have been the exact same effect as the ele air staff auto attack and I would have been super happy with that.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

yea, whats wrong with bolts projectile, its only a model of bolt with no trail effect what so ever…

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

Ikr !
Its worse for berserker warriors flame fury!
Hopefully we can revert it back to default

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’m all up for custom projectiles on old legendaries…BUT PLS make it appropriate. When I read the notes I was expecting like bolts of lightning or something, not the ACTUAL weapon Bolt . Pls revert, it makes Berserker’s F1 on Sword look really goofy as well as Zealot’s Defense on guardian.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Chillymanic.7430

Chillymanic.7430

Why the hell does Bolt, chuck out Bolts from guardian 3, it looks stupid, why did no one think to make it launch lightning i mean its BOLT!, its like if i got kudzu and it launched more kudzus instead of the golden arrows.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Now bolt is like a big joke compared to the new leg sword.
Thanks Anet for this kitten animation …..

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

can someone post a video showing how it works when changed?

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

can someone post a video showing how it works when changed?

There you go. HOPEFULLY it’s changed again sometime soon.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Why the hell does Bolt, chuck out Bolts from guardian 3, it looks stupid, why did no one think to make it launch lightning i mean its BOLT!, its like if i got kudzu and it launched more kudzus instead of the golden arrows.

yea, it only chuck out bolts, and only bolts, not a single trail effect from bolt rotating, only bolt…unlike the new legendary sword where it shows trail when sword rotating..

https://streamable.com/99rw9

shining blade one, skip to the near end

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

has anyone figured out what did “custom projectile effects” mean?
Or do we now get used to the new lame bolt projectiles?
????

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It would be ok if there was electricity flying with the blade, with the same intensity Meteorlogicus has. I hope that it’s actually a bug.

Kitten.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Fuzzy Butt.6945

Fuzzy Butt.6945

Just adding my name to the petition. I much prefer the old Bolt’s projectile animation.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

What’s really stupid is that there is ONE skill that’s about throwing your sword at the enemy – one! And it’s not even really used all that often! (Warrior Sword 4). Well, I guess Revenant Sword 2’s default projectile is the sword model, but still Zealot’s defense, Flaming Fury, and…. Revenant Sword 2 (I can’t remember its name)… all would look better with just a lightning bolt as a projectile effect.

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

What’s really stupid is that there is ONE skill that’s about throwing your sword at the enemy – one! And it’s not even really used all that often! (Warrior Sword 4). Well, I guess Revenant Sword 2’s default projectile is the sword model, but still Zealot’s defense, Flaming Fury, and…. Revenant Sword 2 (I can’t remember its name)… all would look better with just a lightning bolt as a projectile effect.

Atleast this or just revert back to default projectile effect

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

here we go, another classic 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Agreed. I crafted incinerator and love the look of it, but the projectile animation is the same thing. Why is my elementalist throwing daggers? I would much rather use the standard animations.

Can we have an option to disable the projectile effect on legendary weapons? These animations where our characters throw the weapon itself are really lame.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

What a joke! Why doesn’t it shoot lightning bolts?

(edited by Will.9785)

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Hopefully the custom projectiles will mean having the option to keep standard projectiles or use the legendary ones for those who like the style, aura, and footsteps of the legendaries but still want their skills to appear as they normally would.

(Speaking as an elementalist main, seeing the elemental skills all appear the same no matter what attunement it’s in is just odd and a bit boring to me, and having more options is always nice.)

Bolt projectiles

Haleydawn.3764

I can’t use Bolt on my Guardian right now. It looks ridiculous.

Kitten.

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

Only class which can use bolt now without being ashamed is probably Mesmer and thief lol
Please anet change the projectile effects !

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

Yea it just looks good on Mesmer now
Hopefully arenanet will change the projectile effects

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

The programmer responsible for the april fool jokes probably have been released too late from his sleep in the cryo-tank.

Now ArenaWebs. Look what u haz done.

Won’t play my sword-guradian anymore. My whole life went down the drain. I cry 36 hours a day.

Please get rid of this awful looking change to the effect of bolt.

Bolt projectiles

Haleydawn.3764

Please please please acknowledge this thread.

Bolts projectile effect is either bugged, or unfinished and needs reverting/reworking.

Kitten.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Meiko Isamura.6352

Meiko Isamura.6352

Hi, just adding another post to this thread. I also do not like the new bolt projectiles, either bolts of lightning or the original animation back please.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

I wished i could swap my Bolt for the new one. Because that one actually DOES have some custom effects. Really unfair for bolt owners.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Wolframium.7294

Wolframium.7294

Anet, please, we need better bolt projectiles effects!

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I kind of get the idea behind the Bolt thing, the thrown weapon looks great on Twilight because of the trail. If you look really close, you can sort of see the lightning on Bolt. But the effect is just too small, even if it is to scale. Maybe increase the intensity of the lightning on the Bolt, so it looks like something other than just the frame of Bolt, which looks like something pulled out of somebody’s porch railing.

Bolt projectiles

bubby.9342

I kind of get the idea behind the Bolt thing, the thrown weapon looks great on Twilight because of the trail. If you look really close, you can sort of see the lightning on Bolt. But the effect is just too small, even if it is to scale. Maybe increase the intensity of the lightning on the Bolt, so it looks like something other than just the frame of Bolt, which looks like something pulled out of somebody’s porch railing.

I dont see any lightning trail though

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

Yeah, please revert the Bolt projectiles…
It looks really lackluster for warriors.

Bolt projectiles

Haleydawn.3764

Can we please get this reverted already!

Kitten.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Anet manage to make a mediocre skin Legendary even more mediocre by adding this worthless animation to downgrade it even more..

I made Bolt for the lightning effect around me back then.
Guess this was a big mistake…
And they did that right after they introduce a far better new sword legendary.
When you make a people who own the legendary regret about owning it, you’re seriously making something very wrong.

Looks like this is all planned ahead already, to destroy people who own Bolt and make them want to make new legendary.

Thanks Anet for ruining us who spent alot of effort making Bolt.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Once you destroy a Legendary weapon by ruining it’s effects, you show the ability to ruin any and all of them. This tells everyone that going to the efforts of making any Legendary weapon can rapidly become a huge waste of time. Any weapon, any generation, plain and simple. Buy a precursor so you get the one you want? Nope, you’ll never really know what it will become.
Put the Predator on the shelf because Rifle has become a laughing stock, now Bolt.

Bolt projectiles

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They really should have all projectile attacks distinguish between ‘normal’ and ‘thrown weapon’ – have Thrown Weapon attacks use the weapon model as the projectile, legendary or not, and legendary projectiles should overwrite those, while being unique to the legend:
Sunrise/Twilight – As is, but without the hilt.
Astralaria+Frostfang – I think all axe projectiles are thrown, so they should be fine.
Bolt/Shining Blade: Shining Blade should have its purple flame thign, and Bolt should be a lightning bolt wrapped in lightning
Incinerator: Extended Whirling or straight bolt of fire, no hilt.