Bonus Stats for Legendaries in Open World PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Savia.8752

Savia.8752

First of all, sorry about my grammar mistakes.( If there is one)

Hello. I know this is a difficult suggestion. There will be many negative comments to my topic but this is a suggestion to Anet for their company

1) Legendaries have no meaning except a shiny skin. Stat change is worthless, I have multiple legendaries and I never changed them for years. (Maybe once or twice.)

2) Stat bonus will not include other game types such as PvP and WvW. It shouldn’t effect Dungeons/Fractals and Raids too. Elitist scums may take over whole LFG like "LF 15K AP+MIN3LEGENDARY + POTIONS+ FOOD + BOOSTERS. I don’t want to see this happens. It may tear down whole games route.

3) Players who crafted a legendary weapon/armor will finally feel the power of their weapons. Destruction of Legendaries will took the Open World Maps. Events will be more easy than past.

4) There is no balance in open world PvE content. 5%-10% damage increase will change anything. Everything is dying so fast in Open World PvE at the moment. So, this change will not effect players.

5) Players who can’t find a goal for crafting legendaries will finally have one. People will go for Raids more than usual Since this change will not affect other game modes, they can still be enjoy their casual life. As I said, a stat increase will not change anything in Open World.

6) Farm bots still need a legendary to maximize their profit but in the world, nobody can give legendary weapons to bots. (Because they will be banned before reaching profit and owner’s of bots will lose more money.)

7) Open World Maps will regain their attention. Because killing stuff in maximum power will feel good.

It is not a necessarry change. But it can benefit to Anet in terms of money and I want to support Anet in every subject that I can do. Money will rain to your company guys.
If one person from Anet can respond me why this can/can’t be implemented, I will be appreciate it.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

No. it’s not needed.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Killing stuff in PvE too quickly will get very boring quickly. It’s not need sorry.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

I don’t have any strong feelings against having a tiny bit of stat power, but as I understand it, ANet is trying to avoid power creep in their game.

You might remember the particularly huge furore sparked when the Ascended range of weapons came out. Players were enraged by what they viewed as ANet reneging on their promise not to allow power creep in. This makes sense, since it means that new players coming into the game will increasingly have a harder and harder time catching with ‘elite’ players.

As you can see, Legendaries have added abilities, as compared to Ascended weapons – but do not hit harder. In that respect, they aren’t more effective in combat than Ascended weapons, which is working, as intended.

Sadly, adding more power to Legendaries will mean new players needing help in dungeons and story instances (which are very much a part of PvE) will have to encounter “LF 15K AP+MIN3LEGENDARY + POTIONS+ FOOD + BOOSTERS.” in the LFG panel (again), as elitists capitalise on the extra power boost to hack through monsters even quicker.

In short, it’s a really nice (and tantalising) idea, but I can foresee a lot of potential headaches ANet will have to resolve if they choose to make Legendaries hit harder or heal better.

New lines of weapons can have extra nifty functions like teleporting you to home cities or whatever, but it really shouldn’t allow players to be any more efficient than they are in combat.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

As most others, I agree they shouldn’t have a dmg boost. Legendaries have never been about better stats, it’s simply a QoL thing for those of us who care for that.
But to give them some non-combat special thing (as said by Heraldusluminare) could be awesome. Just some nifty little thing that just looks cool or let you show of how much time/gold you’ve wasted, not any advantage in combat.

New lines of weapons can have extra nifty functions like teleporting you to home cities or whatever, but it really shouldn’t allow players to be any more efficient than they are in combat.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Hell no. Play literally any other mmo if that’s something you want. People come to this mmo because it doesn’t do ridiculous things like resetting the armor you need every update, and you’re opening the gates to that.

Also Anet wouldn’t make more money off Legendaries. The amount of people who buy gems to get more gold for Legendaries isn’t big.

And lastly decide if it would or wouldn’t make a difference. You can’t have both because it’s convenient for you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Points 2 and 5 seem contradictory.

Nix on the whole idea, I’m afraid.

Posted by: ardhikaizecson.3697

ardhikaizecson.3697

I can see that legendary weapon will be mandatory for some PUG or Guild for their members to participate in their Raid Squad if Anet buffs the Legendary weapon in the future. crafting full ascended armor + trinkets is a lot of work, if this happens people would just put legendary weapon as a requirement to join their Raid group. not a best decision.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I think it’s funny that people seem to read over the fact that OP doesn’t want this in instanced content, but in open world only.

That being said, I do not like the idea.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Do not want.

Posted by: merdesa.5086

merdesa.5086

I wouldn’t mind a legendary weapon specific elite skill that was well balanced, even if it was just mostly flashy and locked to pve.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

1) Legendaries have no meaning except a shiny skin. Stat change is worthless, I have multiple legendaries and I never changed them for years. (Maybe once or twice.)

That’s the entire point of Legendary items. They’re supposed to be a shiny skin, and NOTHING else.

3) Players who crafted a legendary weapon/armor will finally feel the power of their weapons. Destruction of Legendaries will took the Open World Maps. Events will be more easy than past.

Legendary weapons are supposed to be identical to the top tier of gear, and no more powerful than that tier. That tier is currently Ascended.

Events are already extremely easy. Even the hardest things in the open world, such as Triple Trouble, have been very-low-manned.

4) There is no balance in open world PvE content. 5%-10% damage increase will change anything. Everything is dying so fast in Open World PvE at the moment. So, this change will not effect players.

So you’re simultaneously saying that events (i.e. content in the open world that involves killing things) will be easier in point 3, but there will be no effect on players. in point 4. Internally inconsistent much?

5) Players who can’t find a goal for crafting legendaries will finally have one. People will go for Raids more than usual Since this change will not affect other game modes, they can still be enjoy their casual life. As I said, a stat increase will not change anything in Open World.

But you also said the stat increase would make things easier in Open World…

As for people raiding more than usual because of having a goal for crafting Legendaries, I don’t understand. You said they wouldn’t have increased stats in raids, and raids are possibly one of the worst ways to play the game to be able to obtain a legendary weapon.

6) Farm bots still need a legendary to maximize their profit but in the world, nobody can give legendary weapons to bots. (Because they will be banned before reaching profit and owner’s of bots will lose more money.)

But you said the stat change wouldn’t impact anything! Make up your mind already.

If it wasn’t worth it for botters to use legendary weapons, they simply wouldn’t do so. As such, your idea here is tremendously ineffectual.

7) Open World Maps will regain their attention. Because killing stuff in maximum power will feel good.

Most people who don’t avidly play Open World don’t play it because it’s faceroll easy, and thus quite boring. Making it even more faceroll easy (…but didn’t you say it wouldn’t change anything?…) won’t help that.

People already play Open World a lot. Mostly to farm goodies. People would still be playing the exact same areas of open world, in the exact same way.

Before posting, next time, try to ensure that your reasoning is at least internally consistent. Yours isn’t, which makes your post even more facepalm than it otherwise would be.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

1) Legendaries have no meaning except a shiny skin.

This is working as intended and by design, they aren’t supposed to be anything but a shiny skin.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

3 years ago ascended gear was added to the game. Like the OP’s suggestion, it was gear which had a fairly minor addition in stats. It provoked a 222 page thread where people denounced it as the start of a gear treadmill and proof that ANet lied about the direction that game would take. A number of people quit the game over it and ANet’s credibility took a major hit on this topic. There are people who still bring up this topic to this day in various forum posts. I don’t think the OP’s suggestion is beneficial to the game for the reasons that it would open up that fight again and would not be worth the disruption that it would cause, and because this stat gain is unnecessary to open PvE.

The 222 page thread on the introduction of ascended gear to the game

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Legendaries are made for the following reasons

- the skins – prob the primary reason

- the prestige (to a much lesser extent these days)/achievements

- as a goal within itself – for most they still take a long time to make and involve many different aspects of the game. That gives a great sense of purpose to the making of one.

- stat changes. You might not find it useful, I might not find it useful, but plenty find it essential. This has been demonstrated by the calls for legendary armour (specifying the need for stat changing on armour when we have no armour locker) and by the mystic forge process of changing stats on ascended. To many, this is a big deal.

One, some or all of those reasons are enough for those pursuing a legendary. In GW2, they should not nor ever, have more straight power than ascended. They broke that pillar of design once, doing it again would be disastrous for a game attracting all those players who do not want a gear grind.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The “meaning” for legendaries is supposed to be the shiny skin. If that isn’t enough for you…don’t craft one.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

1) Legendaries have no meaning except a shiny skin.

They’re not supposed to.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

The only change i would want to Legendary weapons is to have them have some sort of surprise dialogue when interacting with certain NPC’s (Such as Moda The Quick giving you Kudos for bearing The Nevermore if you have that skin unlocked. or perhaps NPC’s in Rata Sum remarking on HOPE at random intervals. things that have some relevance to the NPC’s.) Obviously not all Legendaries will have this perk, but it would be a nice Cosmetic addition to give recognition for your achievement.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

The only change i would want to Legendary weapons is to have them have some sort of surprise dialogue when interacting with certain NPC’s (Such as Moda The Quick giving you Kudos for bearing The Nevermore if you have that skin unlocked. or perhaps NPC’s in Rata Sum remarking on HOPE at random intervals. things that have some relevance to the NPC’s.) Obviously not all Legendaries will have this perk, but it would be a nice Cosmetic addition to give recognition for your achievement.

That is an awesome idea. What I wouldn’t give to have something like that, even if it’s only yourself who can hear / see it.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

+10 experience from killing

Thats the only bonus i can accept….

Posted by: Josa.5067

Josa.5067

Im just going to drop this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKTzrvb0YQ&feature=youtu.be

This hasn’t been changed. I tried it just a few days ago.

Legendary weapons already do 10%-15% more damage than ascended ones, in maps/areas where you are downscaled.

(edited by Josa.5067)

Posted by: Agro.4783

Agro.4783

IMO the abillity to change stats is useless as long as u don’t have the ability to change sigils/runes.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

No.

Also, no.

Go find a different game if you disagree. Linear progression is not GW2.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Carrot.5670

Carrot.5670

Im just going to drop this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKTzrvb0YQ&feature=youtu.be

This hasn’t been changed. I tried it just a few days ago.

Legendary weapons already do 10%-15% more damage than ascended ones, in maps where you are downscaled.

… kitten .

Can confirm.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Pretty sure it’s been stated by Anet devs that legendaries arent going to be a tier above everything else. They’re going to remain forevermore BiS WITH ascended weapons.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

+10 experience from killing

Thats the only bonus i can accept….

With mastery’s that would be really helpful.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|