Bonus chest limit

Bonus chest limit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylar.6827

Sylar.6827

I was thinking it would be a good QoL change if the contents of bonus chests went into your invent after your reach the maximum allowed above your minimap (so you dont lose them instead)

I know it was my fault but after teq i was rushing to daily sb so i forgot to click on the dragon chests, so when sb died and i got the daily, i would’ve collected way too many bonus chests above my minimap >< ended up having only the exo chest (thankfully), the daily chest and sb chest left

Now i’m not a coder so idk how viable my suggestion would be, but just a thought I had =)

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

That is what they do.

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Is there a maximum?
I know for a fact that ive had 6-10 bonus chests from SW or renowned hearts and as soon as i open one the next one goes above the minimap.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Bonus chest limit

Sylar.6827

That is what they do.

what?

Is there a maximum?
I know for a fact that ive had 6-10 bonus chests from SW or renowned hearts and as soon as i open one the next one goes above the minimap.

For world boss the limit is 4

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As was stated above, they already do that.

“If a fourth bonus chest is earned while the first three float in the UI, it will appear after you claim the items from any of the first three. Any additional bonus chests beyond the fourth one will be automatically accepted into your inventory when you exit the game or enter World vs World. "

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest#Bonus_chest

I don’t personally let them pile up because it’s annoying to look at.

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The limit of those floating boxes is WAY higher than you imagine.
After a WvW update almost 2 years ago (I think it was when WvW rank was created) I ended getting like 15 bonus chests (maybe more) unopened and I got them all correctly.
As RoseofGilead quoted, above 3 bonus chests unopened the rest of the chests just stay “hidden” in the UI and it will appear after you start to collect them.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

The shown limit is three. As you open them, they’ll be replaced with any others you have pending.
If you have more than 4 and you zone to a different map or go to character select, any chests over 4 get automatically opened. You’ll still have 4 chests to open when you load into your new area.

This includes heart rewards as well.

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Summarizing the above, there is no limit:

• You receive all the rewards.
  • The only limitation is how many bouncy chests appear on the screen (3) and how many remain hidden (that number varies somewhat depending on the type.

The only time you might have a problem is if your inventory is full and you get one-too-many bonuses. For this (and many other reasons), it’s a good idea to leave room in your inventory.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Bonus chest limit

Sylar.6827

Hmm interesting, did they change that with the feature pack?
I remember testing it out and killing 8 or 9 WB. When I went to open I got 4 bonus chests total (This was before first feature pack)
And I also understand some bonus chests will stack a lot more, cap is different (ie. SW event chests, pvp)

Also if that’s the case then I don’t understand why I had 3 visible dragon chests (assuming 4 total) after killing teq, then when I killed SB and started opening my chests, I only got:

1x exo dragon chest
1x SB daily chest
1x SB bonus chest

NO blue, green or yellow dragon chest in my invent (they are easy to spot, didn’t miss anything)
PS: My invent still had around 15 slots free, and I’ve exit the game + go into WvW as mentioned in the wiki link posted by RoseofGilead, but chests didn’t appear in my invent

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure the chests appear; I think the contents (of the chests) appear in your inventory. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Good luck.

Bonus chest limit

Sylar.6827

I’m not sure the chests appear; I think the contents (of the chests) appear in your inventory. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Good luck.

hmm good point, maybe i’ll try it again for science..

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good luck.

hmm good point, maybe i’ll try it again for science..

A number of people have tested this and the results seem to vary, depending on the type of bonus chest (i.e. it appears those from the silverwastes can stack up in greater numbers or at least with others, e.g. dailies).

Despite the mileage-may-vary aspect of how many you can ‘save’, no one has been able to document any rewards being lost due to stacking. (Except, again, some special cases involving full inventory + changing character or maps before resolving that — that’s arguably a different mechanic entirely.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

You can bank 12 chests before you don’t get credit for anymore. If you zone with 12 chests banked you lose 8, and only have access to the 4(3 on screen, 1 archived). Zoning includes logging out to the character select screen. I have tested this a lot in SW’s while farming the events.

Chests do not auto open in your inventory, you just lose the chests beyond 12 or beyond 4 when you zone.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

@guy above me, that’s just WRONG! Please at least try such things in the current gw2 version instead just writing wrong or way outdated informations.

It doesn’t matter if you have 4, 12, 100 bonuschests.
Fact is as soon as you relog or port to a different map only 4 chests remain “blinking” and all the others will be automatically opened and their content added to your inventory!
No chest is ever lost! (only if you let them blinking and log out and delete that char, but then it is your fault^^)

PS: @Sylar: At tequatl you get these bonuschests only 1x per day and only if you did enough dmg on each quarter at tequatl and if you got credit for each laser event. If you only got the exotic one, then you probably only did enough dmg on tequatl after he was lower then 25%.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Bonus chest limit

Sylar.6827

Weird but I had experienced loss as sirsquishy.8531 described. No extra rares in my invent
Strange, I guess this is still a mystery because what he said did confirm with what I had observed

And yes i’ve been playing for a long time so I know how the teq rewards work but thank you. However you’re wrong about the bonus chests being 1x a day. Only the exotic is once per day PER ACC
All other bonus chests you can get again, even on the same character. However the big chest is indeed once per day, but PER CHAR

Anyhow, I definitely did get credit, because I had at least 3 chests above minimap when teq downed.

(edited by Sylar.6827)

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

@guy above me, that’s just WRONG! Please at least try such things in the current gw2 version instead just writing wrong or way outdated informations.

It doesn’t matter if you have 4, 12, 100 bonuschests.
Fact is as soon as you relog or port to a different map only 4 chests remain “blinking” and all the others will be automatically opened and their content added to your inventory!
No chest is ever lost! (only if you let them blinking and log out and delete that char, but then it is your fault^^)

PS: @Sylar: At tequatl you get these bonuschests only 1x per day and only if you did enough dmg on each quarter at tequatl and if you got credit for each laser event. If you only got the exotic one, then you probably only did enough dmg on tequatl after he was lower then 25%.

Except I am not wrong, what I said is EXACTLY what happens…every time. Get YOUR facts straight.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Bonus chest limit

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I tested it today with daily chests, everything opened automatically in my inventory after relog/map change.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!