Boon Stripping and Condi Cleansing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I’d like to start a thread to gather as much knowledge as possible about these areas from the community collective.

Hopefully this will shed some light on this. If there are threads on this already, I apologize, the forum search isn’t results for me when I do searches like ‘boon priority’ or ‘condition priority’.

This is a direct result of the Might stacking that occurs on some Elementalist, Warrior, and Guardian builds, but I also wanted to bring in conversation about condi cleanses because they are the other side of this coin.

Onward then, what information is the community aware of regarding the behavior of Boon Stripping and Condi Cleansing priority?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I know for sure that Slight of Hand from the thief’s trickery line always prioritizes Stability if it’s on the target.

I’ve heard this isn’t always true of other boonstrips in regard to stability though.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

More specifically, Bountiful Theft (not Sleight of Hand, that’s the trait that makes Steal Daze) will prioritize first Stability, and then Aegis, when stealing two boons from the target. This ensures that the Steal’s Daze via Sleight of Hand will always connect, unless evaded.

The Thief’s other boon stealing skill, Larcenous Strike, does not similarly prioritize Stability. It seems to target the oldest boon on the target first.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Just from observation it seems that Might gets overwritten by the last one applied, assuming you go over 25. (E.g. you just stacked 25 Might through blast-finishers and a Guardian uses Staff 4 your 24s might gets overwritten with 12s might on 12 of them, similar issues with Warbanner and Forceful Greatsword.)

Good threat though, I’m expecting a lot of useful information to be posted here!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Larcenous strike tends to strip protection and might quite often.