Boons [UI] - Color Coded Vignette

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knightmare Legion.9640

Knightmare Legion.9640

I think it’ll be a good idea to add Color Coded Vignette to the player’s screen whenever we gain a certain boon. This may work great in combat – for example: we get a blue or yellow vignette on our screens to indicated that we have stability or protection and we have more information to see if we should dodge certain attacks or not.

Currently, we have this vignette whenever we are blinded.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You can see all your buffs below in the screen?

I find vignette a problem to translate. The label is there.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by a “vignette.” Do you have an example, or can you describe it better?

If it is more screen clutter, I’d lean towards the negative. Perhaps an option to enlarge the boons displayed below would help? I dunno, you can have so many…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The game already does this when you have every boon on you. :P

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by a “vignette.” Do you have an example, or can you describe it better?

If it is more screen clutter, I’d lean towards the negative. Perhaps an option to enlarge the boons displayed below would help? I dunno, you can have so many…

Maybe the OP means a “border” around the screen? Like Necro’s shroud (green border) or low HP (red glowing border). I think blindness has a dark border, that’s why the OP mentioned it? I personally hate these borders and want to turn them off, lol. They are annoying and the red glowing one makes me dizzy.

(edited by Mea.5491)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

If that’s the case, for boons, it would be like a strobe light at times.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Maybe the OP means a “border” around the screen? Like Necro’s shroud (green border) or low HP (red glowing border). I think blindness has a dark border, that’s why the OP mentioned it? I personally hate these borders and want to turn them off, lol. They are annoying and the red glowing one makes me dizzy.

Yeah … and they feel like they reduce combat awareness. Appropriate for Blind, not so much for other stuff.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Color coding things in game is a terrible idea that they keep using. 1 in 12 of their players can’t tell the colors apart. I’m just guessing at what half the effects are in the game and hope I’m right.