Boosters Old stack with new??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

Hey, wondering since HoT is coming soon. Does the old (fine tier) Experience Booster stack with the new (rare tier) Experience Booster?
I guess this will be the same with the magic find also?

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not if they’re not identical. If one is fine and the other is rare, then that alone will keep them from stacking.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

warrior shapper.6502

When i say stacking i don’t mean duration. i mean they can be both used at the same time.

Dream Rider [ART]
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah. Wiki doesn’t say. Maybe someone who has tried both can answer you.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Yes you can. I got the 50% mf from the old booster and the boost from the new booster as well. Same with the expierence boosters. Except i wasnt sure how to verify i got both. MF was easy to check as the boosters were activated.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Even “identical” things don’t stack sometimes (+20 levels birthday scrolls, for example).

warrior shapper.6502

Well i think Dilligat wyt confirmed what i was after, when i say stack i dont mean duration or in my bank/inventory/bags etc, i mean when activated i can have them activated both at the same time so i can get 100% exp ( 50% from) both boosters since i have 100+ of the old boosters just make experience gain in HoT a bit easier to get masteries

Dream Rider [ART]
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

you can certainly gain the benefits of both gatherer boost and new item boost. +20 seconds of swiftness on harvest and two 33% chances for an extra gather – it was very unusual for me to get less than 4 harvests from a tree or ore node, or at least 2 from a herb.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Well i think Dilligat wyt confirmed what i was after, when i say stack i dont mean duration or in my bank/inventory/bags etc, i mean when activated i can have them activated both at the same time so i can get 100% exp ( 50% from) both boosters since i have 100+ of the old boosters just make experience gain in HoT a bit easier to get masteries

You might want to convert your old xp boosters into the 20 minute versions of the new xp boosters instead of stacking them with other boosters that you have. If I am not mistaken the new ones affect xp from everything you do. This means that they should affect xp from crafting, exploring, events and even competing personal story steps.

If you aren’t intending to only grind mobs, it would probably be better to have +50% xp from everything + the killstreak bonus of the new boosters for 20 mins rather than +50% monster xp for an hour.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

You might want to convert your old xp boosters into the 20 minute versions of the new xp boosters instead of stacking them with other boosters that you have. If I am not mistaken the new ones affect xp from everything you do. This means that they should affect xp from crafting, exploring, events and even competing personal story steps.

If you aren’t intending to only grind mobs, it would probably be better to have +50% xp from everything + the killstreak bonus of the new boosters for 20 mins rather than +50% monster xp for an hour.

Keep in mind there is more than just xp boosters. Gathering boosters stacked to 66% is really nice, even better with heroes banner on top of that, along with guild buff. I was gathering twice the materials (plants would let me gather from them twice 90% of the time).

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

warrior shapper.6502

Keep in mind there is more than just xp boosters. Gathering boosters stacked to 66% is really nice, even better with heroes banner on top of that, along with guild buff. I was gathering twice the materials (plants would let me gather from them twice 90% of the time).

Thanks well i kind of guessed if one stacked with the other , all the others would plus no point in converting them all to new ones since that will only stack duration where having the new with the old for exp,killstreak, mf, gathering etc i will get double and i have a ton of crafting and speed if can convert to get new ones, but thanks

Dream Rider [ART]
Warrior shapper.6502