Bored As Can Be

Bored As Can Be

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Legendary Grenth.3561

Legendary Grenth.3561

After Completing living story up until now, I have asked my self the same question everytime I log in “What is there to do?” and I keep answering it with. Ugh this is really dull and pointless. Sure I can raise my crafting, but then when that’s done whats the point, sure better weapons and armor but why even bother if Im fine with what I already have now, there’s no urgent reason for me to go from exotic to ascended or even a reason for me to use it after i craft it, world bosses depend on the zerg, dungeons utterly pointless because Zerker only runs. Making cash for what? nothing really interesting gems maybe? the game has become super dull, atleast in GW1 they had it so you could make new builds out of so many skills. farm different areas, test farming new areas, even ELITE which actually possessed a challenge, but if that were to happen here, people would probably rage quit (like the already do). I feel like I have lost my love for this game, I played almost 3 years now. HoT looks interesting but I’m not shelling out what they are asking for it cause its disrespectful to those who already own the game.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Doflamingo.6957

Doflamingo.6957

Its like you never played a game before lol, at least MMORPG/Mobas get updates while the other games stay dead after release , there are 5 more expansions for GW2 coming which will take at least 12 more years of your life, if you want a break play League of Legends or something on Steam while waiting

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This is the reason I play GW2 alongside multiple other games. I’m almost always subscribed to at least 2 other games(usually Eve and WoW) and play GW2 a couple hours a week.
I’m at the point where I can grind achievements/skins/ascended or replay the same content for the 100th time. I find it better to just not play as much until new content is introduced.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Its like you never played a game before lol, at least MMORPG/Mobas get updates while the other games stay dead after release , there are 5 more expansions for GW2 coming which will take at least 12 more years of your life, if you want a break play League of Legends or something on Steam while waiting

Pretty much this. You don’t have to play GW2, with no sub-fee you can leave and come back whenever you like. Maybe when HoT drops you’ll have something new to do.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Most game forums see the same complaints before an expansion launches. Even a game like WoW, which charges you a monthly fee ends up with lots of bored people toward the end of the cycle. We’re toward the end of the cycle and more and more people are getting bored. I’ve seen this in every game I’ve played.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: nEmM.3076

nEmM.3076

You know you don’t have to play right? Usually when you are bored of something you stop doing it instead of complaining about it.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So basically you’ve described every MMO in existence once you hit level cap and have completed every dungeon/raid…

There’s a reason why new MMOs are released pretty regularly and why they release expansions. If you can find an MMO where you can play unlimited hours per day/week/month and never have to repeat content, then shoot me a message and tell me where to sign up.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

You know you don’t have to play right? Usually when you are bored of something you stop doing it instead of complaining about it.

Some people desperately need the attention, though.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: bexbz.1905

bexbz.1905

As a child, whenever I used the phrase “I’m bored” at home, my mom would give me chores to do. I learned quickly to keep myself entertained. Whether that’s inside or outside GW2 it makes no difference. There’s always something “better” you could be doing with your time. Complaining about boredom is counter-productive. Get creative inside the game, or turn it off and do something fun outside. If there’s nothing at all else to do, mop your floors.

Necro Main Forever!
((helping out non-thinkers since 1989))

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Legendary Grenth.3561

Legendary Grenth.3561

I do agree with what alot of you are saying, I mean as far as playing this game though I want to like it but it’s just not there anymore. I don’t want to stop playing because (as the case with living story) I feel like I will miss out on events. I have only really played GW1 as far as MMO’s go and Mobas,

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It happen with every game. I stopped playing gw2 for the last couple of months. I played a bit of borderlands 2, Far Cry 4 and now i’m back for not apparent reason. I just have fun again with GW2.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Bored As Can Be

Draknar.5748

I do agree with what alot of you are saying, I mean as far as playing this game though I want to like it but it’s just not there anymore. I don’t want to stop playing because (as the case with living story) I feel like I will miss out on events. I have only really played GW1 as far as MMO’s go and Mobas,

As far as I know all future LS events will be like LS2 was. You just need to physically log in any time in a 2-week period and you get it unlocked automatically. Worst case scenario you can unlock what you missed with gold —> gems.

You shouldn’t force yourself to play if you aren’t having fun simply because you don’t want to miss an event. They fixed that.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Living story was intended to avoid these content drought, but it seems it was not really well planned, as most of it was not re-playable, and even re-playable content like SAB were just removed from the game.

I’m not sure what Anet can do at this point. Maybe they need to hire more people to make more pvp, dungeons and WvW maps.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

core design flaw. Open worldish content without typical open worldish impact of player actions.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Play some sPvP. I’m not a massive fan of PvP in MMO’s, but it is quite fun, and it brakes up the grind. I’ve played it enough to finish off my AC collection, and I just need 12 bits of armor to finish CoF. I’m currently working on getting the Glorious set.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Variation.

Think of it like anything else you enjoy OP.If you listen to the same album/artist day in, day out, or eat the same thing for dinner every night it will get boring pretty darn quickly. Same with games like this. After leveling and doing everything the first time on your first character everything becomes pure grind or work simulation unless you re-roll.

Some people dig repetition of content in order to garner reward. It’s a valid playstyle but I get you don’t enjoy it, neither do I.

I mean I love RPG’s but after completing one I don’t then play it again, and again and again and again ad nauseum for years on end. I might repeat it once in a few months if I really enjoyed it or it’s designed around replayability like Skyrim or Transistor for example.

It’s really just a common trait of such games, player fatigue, BUT the awesome thing with this game….no sub.

Take a break for a few weeks or months.Play something else for awhile.I tend to binge and purge on GW playing a lot for a few months to then get bored with it and not log on for as long (winter/summer).

What I don’t get is all these weird threads asking Anet to please do something about individual boredom or player staleness like a dog barking for a bone. Just go do something else for a bit.

Hardly rocket science.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Pink Porcupine.5461

Pink Porcupine.5461

Play ranked or something. Let other players nanny you.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Welcome to the reason a lot of us said, “No,” to an expansion, and, “Yes,” to more free Living Story updates, Seasonal Events, Special Events, etc. every month or so while chasing achievements.

Never once was I bored. And now? Well, now we get into arguments about what content we are or aren’t getting at what cost . . . while I play Marvel Heroes. I’m sure Gazillion appreciates that.

Fun times.

Gone to Reddit.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You wont miss out on events if you check the main site and browse these forums daily. I myself have taken breaks from this game recently and started playing more steam games while also playing here now mainly for the the dailys until HOT comes.

In fact I got addicted to a certain steam game that was an Ipad/Mobile App and so im spending a lot more time there now. Trust me it’s not a bad thing. It’s good to take breaks so that when they do bring out new features here you can come back, it will ALL seem fresh (even what you are bored of now) and will seem like a great game again.

Just keep ourself up-to-date like I said earlier, log in daily for the dailies or check the main site for announcements and check the forums.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I use to think I’d never play PvP…. but doing 1-3 unranked matches a day isn’t so bad. You can get your dailies done really fast this way. I have and on and off obsession with this game. When I’m not playing it feverishly, I at least log in and do my dailies and use my home instance nodes, and Star of Gratitude/Mawdrey II/Princess. If anything else. don’t pass on your daily login rewards which takes a few seconds to collect.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Take a break, don’t expect the game to play entertainment nanny. I do it frequently when I burn out, I’ve even missed some of the LS but I was just too burned out to care at that time.

Not much is going to happen right now until HoT gets closer to release, you won’t miss anything but dailys. You’ll also be surprised how a break refreshes your interest.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Living story was intended to avoid these content drought

It was actually intended to avoid the expansion model altogether, not that it particularly succeeding in that respect either (it was very difficult to keep a 2 week release schedule). Still holding out hope for a hybrid model.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Taking a break from a game is always an option, no one is forcing you to play GW2 (AFAIK).
I can get all nihilistic and ask the same thing about life, whats the point?

Go play something else, watch some movies, series or anime. Read a book or listen to one, find a hobby…. there are a lot of things to do while playing GW2 (no need for an additional monitor).

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Welcome to the reason a lot of us said, “No,” to an expansion, and, “Yes,” to more free Living Story updates, Seasonal Events, Special Events, etc. every month or so while chasing achievements.

Never once was I bored. And now? Well, now we get into arguments about what content we are or aren’t getting at what cost . . . while I play Marvel Heroes. I’m sure Gazillion appreciates that.

Fun times.

Yeah .. personally i liked LS1 the most .. there we had something new really
every 2 weeks, but people couldn’t start to complain, then we got LS2 that
had much more long breach and much less replayability of the content for
me .. and people complained again that LS sucks and they want an expansion
instead .. and they also said they wanted to pay for a real expansion …

then expansion was anounced .. now people suddenly wish we had again
a living story .. and of course they don’t want to pay for the expansion.

funny times .. yeah

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

“There are 5 more expansions coming for GW2”

Where are people getting this information from?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Bored As Can Be

Draknar.5748

You mean where is that one guy getting that information? Not sure. Think it was pulled out of you know where.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

hey, if you are bored can you make me 13 bolts of damask? that will keep you busy for almost 2 weeks. I won’t pay you for them because I’m curing your boredom.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Bored As Can Be

Vayne.8563

You mean where is that one guy getting that information? Not sure. Think it was pulled out of you know where.

It’s the assumption there’ll be one expansion for every elder dragon. Anet never said a word about that.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

by the time the 5th expansion for the last elder dragon comes out we’ll all have moved on to the Half Life 4/Fallout 6/Final Fantasy XXX hybrid MMO VR shooter with force feedback codpiece attachment.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

What to do:

• Go for a specific look-Fashion Wars 2:In your Bank (Wardrobe) you can preview several armors and weapons. Combine how you like the best, take a screenshot and then go for that look (some are easy to obtain, others take a lot of effort and/or money).
  • Go for a title: I love my Dungeoneer title, some people settle with the Dungeon Master but there are a lot that you can follow in your Hero panel, some easy, some hard to get and pretty unique like Legendary Champion.
  • Go craft a Legendary: You don’t like any? Then craft it and sell it. Legendary weapons are the result of patience, hard work, mastering caftmanship and exploring all of Tyria.
  • Farm gold: Via dungeons, trains, flipping. This will let you buy things from the BLTP and convert gold to jewels, you can go for a more specific look or whatever you want to spend it.
  • Dungeons: Personal Favourite. So you don’t like the Zerker Meta? Don’t join such groups. Use the LFG tool to state Everyone welcome. Soldier gear only. I don’t care if we take 45 minutes to run COF P1. Make your own parties, there are Guilds (a lot!) that don’t follow the Zerker Meta and do dungeon runs, FOTM that take 3 hours, Guild missions and everything other guilds do.
  • PvP: It’s not as easy to master any class, know how to react in each situation and againts other classes and builds. There are ranks and paths that will give you rewards for unique looks, loot and the likes.
  • WvW: Just like before but at a larger scale and in bigger groups, no paths but you have access to siege weapons
  • Roleplay: Don’t know much about it but there are still huge goups that can be found most likely in Queensdale. You might ask to jin if that’s your thing.
  • Make an ATL: You know every Race has a specific begin for Personal Story? This will give you AP, AP gets you rewards every 500 and account bonuses. I recently surprised myself enjoying a Mesmer I made after 2 years and a half of playing this game.
  • Help new players: TBH, and I don’t want to be mean here, I doubt that you are veteran in this game if you think that finishing Personal Story Mode is “beating” the game. I might be wrong, and if you are profficient at anything, help the newbies. It’s challenging and rewarding because not many people does this.
  • Create and run your own guild: Hey, it’s Guild Wars and it’s pretty entertaining even if you have few members.
  • Explore Tyria: Really, it’s beautiful, full of details, talk to NPC’s, do Jumping Puzzles. The design team made a huge effort here. Don’t rush in.
  • Uninstall: If you need immediate reward for everything you do and like to be told what to do pretty much like any console game, unistall, maybe this game is not for you and there are a lot of options out there of more linear games like you’ve been told before.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Living story was intended to avoid these content drought, but it seems it was not really well planned, as most of it was not re-playable, and even re-playable content like SAB were just removed from the game.

I’m not sure what Anet can do at this point. Maybe they need to hire more people to make more pvp, dungeons and WvW maps.

Their methodology for what would be considered Raid content was NEVER designed to repeated the number of times we were expected to. The stories in the Dungeons were pretty bland, and utilized a lot of standard trinity design concepts, as well as kill gated progress. Whats Ironic is that the few instances that were objective based are, by far, the least popular due to perceived difficulty.

Then came Fractals. Fractals, I feel, are the result of exceptional level design being applied to the sometimes bipolar nature of this game’s combat system. None of the first gen Fractals were straight forward…. but none of them were impossible with “weak team comps” either. It just took some effort to understand the mechanics unique to each, and that each player be at least semi-competent with their individual builds.

This is important to understand, because if you look at the designs differences between dungeons and fractals, you’ll notice that the Explorable dungeons have strong emphasis on Tank and DD roles in their objectives, while the Fractals emphasize personal durability and group support. In this way, Fractals promote team cohesion as a critical benefit, while the dungeons essentially force its version of team comps in order to be successful (to which we sledgehammered with Zerks meta).

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

At least a summer event would be nice! After 3 years I feel kinda bored too….

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s so easy to run out of stuff to do on an MMO. Content can’t be made as fast as people can complete it. That’s why most MMO players play multiple MMOs – it increases what they can do.

Personally, I’m still making my ascended gear, so I’ll have plenty to do here until HoT unless it doesn’t come out until, like, December.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

It’s hard for me to go play elsewhere because I feel like I have spent a huge amount of time here.. It’s hard to let go :’( Just like breaking up with a girlfriend after 3 years! Bored but I still have feelings you see….

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Sign in daily on all accounts to get laurels, then do daily on you real account,l then go play Tera.... simple (f2p).

Bored As Can Be

Ardenwolfe.8590

The sad thing is I’m in the same boat too. Log in, get daily reward, do dailies for achievement points reward, log off and play or do something else.

Pretty sure we’re not the only ones either.

Gone to Reddit.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

That is the reason for the daily reward, is to spoof a metric of logins.

Bored As Can Be

Vayne.8563

That is the reason for the daily reward, is to spoof a metric of logins.

This doesn’t make any sense. The stats for how many people logging in aren’t revealed anyway. Why would Anet spoof something only to fool themselves?

A better explanation would be that when people log in, they get to see the news if they don’t autolog in, and they have a chance to see what people are talking about, like the new Lion’s Arch.

Not everyone follows forums or looks up games on news sights. Plenty of people logged in in LA on the day it was redone and said WTF. I know, I was there. They were completely caught off guard by it. But you can’t be caught off guard if you’re not logging in.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

It’s so easy to run out of stuff to do on an MMO. Content can’t be made as fast as people can complete it. That’s why most MMO players play multiple MMOs – it increases what they can do.

Personally, I’m still making my ascended gear, so I’ll have plenty to do here until HoT unless it doesn’t come out until, like, December.

Thats a sign of weak content design. Good content tends to be highly enjoyable even after repeated play. Look at some Battlefield maps, or the Missions in GW1 that were still fun as lore tourism.

Good repeatable content in GW2 is so hard to find, that we utterly burn out on it when we do find them. It also doesn’t help that the game essentially forces us to farm the content as part of the rewards system.

Several elements of the Vine Wrath event are actually fun…. but that fun is lost when you have that 20% chance at the end of a long event chain for one item you need, for that collection thing they’ve been pushing on you since you showed up in SW 2 months earlier. By the time you beat the collection, and are free to enjoy the event as an activity rather then a reward barrier, you’ve done it enough times to get sick of it.

But then you have the Arah assault event, which is still kind of fun just for the sheer chaos. But I do hate the fact that rather then tune the Eye to be more fun to fight, they added another champ on the side to meet the win condition easier. This supports my other complaint about them not being able to actually do anything with the Orr event scripts; and instead are only able to insert new scripts as break points, or modify single aspects of Mobs rather then work with the scripting directly. (Which would explain broke events still break in the same spot; and the modified events never directly address the underlying problem with the event’s design.)

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sign in daily on all accounts to get laurels, then do daily on you real account,l then go play Tera…. simple (f2p).

The stupid patching of that game took me longer that the time i really played it .. lol

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Morpeth.5318

Morpeth.5318

Take a break from the game — best part of a non-sub game like GW2 is you don’t feel like you ‘have to’ play to get your money’s worth. I got a lot of good games on the recent Steam sale, and have been playing those. I pop on to GW2 for my daily reward still, but that’s it for now.

GW2 is a solid game, but like anything in life, too much of the same will burn you out.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: broFenix.1632

broFenix.1632

As a child, whenever I used the phrase “I’m bored” at home, my mom would give me chores to do. I learned quickly to keep myself entertained. Whether that’s inside or outside GW2 it makes no difference. There’s always something “better” you could be doing with your time. Complaining about boredom is counter-productive. Get creative inside the game, or turn it off and do something fun outside. If there’s nothing at all else to do, mop your floors.

Hey, dang. Amen. Good mom, I’m taking this advice. ^^

Bored As Can Be

Ardenwolfe.8590

That would be valid except he’s talking about the expansion and not shelling out money for it. Given that ANet wants money, suggesting he do something else, like play outside, doesn’t help ANet earn that money.

Which was kind of the OP’s point.

Gone to Reddit.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

“Bored As Can Be”

This should be a title for players that tend to afk and having nothing to do after a while but just looking at themselves and chat in guild channels

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Nothing can be said for those players now wandering. There will be those of us that still get excited to play, but there is a large percentage of players that have stayed the course for three years and still no expac. For any players it does lose, Anet has no one to blame but themselves.
And don’t mention living world.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Bored As Can Be

Draknar.5748

just looking at themselves

I must admit that I spend an inordinate amount of time looking at all of my characters.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Patrick.7306

Patrick.7306

The game is beautiful, it just stagnant. The characters I have are the same as they were a year ago with minor changes to abilities. Other than changing clothes it has gotten way to tedious.

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

Fun times.

Well, it’s a good thing you are just like the majority of players, and the LS model is working out so well that they’re not going to make an expansion. OH WAIT…

Bored As Can Be

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

Child: “Mom, I’m bored”
Mother: “Go out and find something to do”
Child: “I don’t wanna”
Mother just shakes her head and walks away.

So you don’t want to craft,
you don’t want better weapons,
you don’t want better armor,
you don’t like the world bosses,
you don’t want to do dungeons,
you don’t want to make money,
you want more skills,
you want more ELITE but that will make people rage quit,
you like HoT but won’t pay for it because you are disrespected.

Mother just shakes her head and walks away.