Boss Fight Disappointment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tomibomb.6359

Tomibomb.6359

I absolutely LOVE GW2 and am dedicated and addicted to it. I have been playing it for years an have 12 characters, five of which are level 80. The devs have improved the game greatly over the years on many things, however, there is one major complaint I have that seems to go overlooked: the reward chests after defeating a champion creature. The boss is dead and I’m all excited to see what is in the chest hoping this time it will be worth it and it really never is. Dialog bubbles start appearing over the heads of the other players complaining about the useless items also. The items in the chests are worthless. The armor and weapons in the chests are either WAY under my level or cannot even be used by my class. All the rest is just stuff to be sold off for very little coin. If it weren’t for the experience points, the boss fights would not be worth the effort. Why do the devs not improve this? I’m sure I’m not the only one to complain. Why not throw in some stuff that one would would normally have to buy, like maybe a transmutation charge, or a Tome of Knowledge, a Black Lion Chest or key, a Writ of Experience, or SOMETHING useful and worth the time spent? I think it is sad the the items one finds in the random acquisition of the Black Lion Chests have more valuable items in them than the the boss chests, which should be a whole lot better.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What you find valuable: Black Lion Chests, ToKs, Writs of Experience, etc., others find to be less than useful. I’d rather have the guaranteed Rare, than one of those items.

Thus, the old adage: One man’s trash is another’s treasure.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

There is a chance to get something good.
If you always got what you think is good now, it would feel worthless.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

There are some crazy rare items in Black Lion Chests, but keys are relatively rare (unless you buy them,) and the really valuable items are also rare (even if you buy keys.)

Champion chests, or even World Boss chests, on the other hand, are super easy to come by if you’re looking for them. There are some very valuable rare drops, but, on the whole, I think the rewards feel about right for them. (Rares for world bosses, champ bags for champions.) It can be a little disappointing if you don’t get an item for your class/level, but that’s not entirely a bad thing. Mithril is worth a lot less than Silk or Thick Leather, for instance, so heavy classes aren’t stuck getting heavy armor drops, for example. If you get equipment that’s lower than your level (which happens less often than equipment at your level, in my experience,) you might be able to salvage it for valuable mid-tier materials.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think they are fine, its always a nice and pleasant surprise when I get one of the exclusive skins from a champion bag. But if it was guaranteed then it would be just as boring as 99.9% of all champion bags currently are

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Keep in mind some meta bosses also have exclusives in their chests’ drop tables. Teq has Sunless weapon chests and some unique exotics, triple trouble has piles of regurgitated armor (unique ascended armor skins, which are coincidentally the only reason people really do TT, cause the loot’s total kitten for such a difficult fight) and unique exotics. Most other meta bosses have unique exotics as well.

Posted by: Kafkanerd.5836

Kafkanerd.5836

Hello,

I am very new to Guild Wars 2, and actually this is my very first MMORPG. So far I do like the game mostly. I’ll stay to this topic and point out what I EXTREMELY DISLIKE about boss fights. Before I start, YES I do agree that sometimes items u get r just HOPELESS but since I am very new here that is not bothering me that much.

MY MAIN ISSUE is that the boss fight lasts for a while WHICH IS GOOD, however most of that time the boss is walking around (Legendary Banding Executioner) and then once in a while he will cast a spell or spin and pretty much instant kill you.

It is a FIGHT why is he walking around ?
Should the boss focus on characters/units closer to him rather than chasing ME (healer) thats waaaaaay in the distance? COME ON

Well those r my complaints so far, once again I am new to the game, Im still learning how all this goes and WHY it goes that way, but overall I like it.

Thank you and do say hi to ppl who help u, dont be weird lol

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

About the only boss I ever really bother to do any more is Teq and that is because of the off chance of an ascended weapon. What few rares I get are tossed on trader and the rest of the drops are either salvaged or thrown away. The rest of the bosses I don’t even bother with unless they happen to be a daily.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017